F1 2014

rixalex

I will be in Singapore the same time as the F1.

A friend there can supply me with a ticket (free), but I won't be going as my wife and daughter would have to sit it out (no ticket for them).

Never mind, seen it before in Singapore for a few years running. All gets a bit boring after the first 10 laps.

I thought you were leading up there to, '..so if anyone wants a free ticket, drop me a line...'
  • Like 2

Nice one.

Last time I watched it was in 2011, ended up watching the race from one of the beer bars set up behind the grandstand as the race was difficult to follow (big screen out of sight from the seat I was in).

At least I got to watch Adam Lambert in concert (he was quite good really), he was followed by Boy George - oh dear.

The atmosphere is quite good there, but its not exactly a place for a fan of racing.

• Like 2

A friend there can supply me with a ticket (free), but I won't be going as my wife and daughter would have to sit it out (no ticket for them).

Never mind, seen it before in Singapore for a few years running. All gets a bit boring after the first 10 laps.

You know in many motorsports it is actually better on a good screen with good sound system...I use headphones

for MotoGP & F1 wink.png Because you see so much more action/close calls etc. than you can from a grandstand seat

But I am sure I would also love to be track side & feel the revs tingle my skin for either

Edited by mania

I haven't been to a race for donkeys years. It was always a beery picnic interrupted by everyone around shouting and cheering when something actually happened, but we always turned around to see only the aftermath -- always missed the action blink.png . Better on TV with 99 replays from every conceivable angle ;)

• Like 1

You know in many motorsports it is actually better on a good screen with good sound system...I use headphones

for MotoGP & F1 wink.png Because you see so much more action/close calls etc. than you can from a grandstand seat

But I am sure I would also love to be track side & feel the revs tingle my skin for either

Wonder how the headphones will work next weekend in China ?

Another coming together between the Mercs and one of them could be leaving

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29067962

Lewis has not signed for Mercedes yet, I am sure both drivers have been receiving a lot of calls recently...

It must be a bit unnerve for many other drivers, F1 is cut throat, even with a signed contract.

I thought LH had another season left.

Another coming together between the Mercs and one of them could be leaving

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29067962

Lewis has not signed for Mercedes yet, I am sure both drivers have been receiving a lot of calls recently...

It must be a bit unnerve for many other drivers, F1 is cut throat, even with a signed contract.

Unless something is changed that is how I understand it too.

I remember this article stating he has thru 2015

Lewis Hamilton may seek $120 million contract from Mercedes F1 team

The big silly season rumor in Hungary last weekend was about Hamilton's seat beyond the end of his 2015 contract.
Edited by mania

F1 is the only time I watch TV. I have to get to a local pub for that.

Practises I sometimes read through autosport live site.

http://live.autosport.com/

All free practices, qualifying and race are shown life on Fox Sport (different channels, though. Main race in HD, the rest sometimes HD, sometimes SD).

I also like to use the F1 App (Android and iOS) for life timing and additional info. The commentators on Fox/Sky are a bit too British chauvinist for my taste. Brundle should wake up to 2014, he is still in the eighties in his mind.

The first corner is variante a chicane, this has been troublesome too many drivers over the last two days with many drivers forced to opt to take the short cut after their breaks locked up, Lewis will start on the left and Nico on the right a little way back, this corner is a right turn so if Nico brakes too late he could take them both out.

One thing for sue is I am certain that yellow flags will be waving before half the cars get round that corner.

Lets hope to see Lewis and Nico tangle at the first corner, ending up swinging helmets at each other in the gravel trap.

Now that would be entertaining.

Nico is on a warning. I think he'd go out of the way to make sure it doesn't happen. I'd have liked to have seen him get a chair and sit outside the garage with a drink after the 1st run in Q3 lol

Edited by Mosha

The first corner is variante a chicane, this has been troublesome too many drivers over the last two days with many drivers forced to opt to take the short cut after their breaks locked up, Lewis will start on the left and Nico on the right a little way back, this corner is a right turn so if Nico brakes too late he could take them both out.

One thing for sue is I am certain that yellow flags will be waving before half the cars get round that corner.

Lots of good lock-ups as you said with folks needing to serpentine the blocked chicane instead.

I note many have right front lockups due to the geometry/weighted front right wheel

But also most are decelerating from a full run with full speeds

Start should be less but not less exciting for sure :)

I think like you there will be some flags flapping

Yeah I was surprised at Nico's 1st non forced error thru turn one chicane

The 2nd time I kind of wondered if it was pay-back gift decided by team?

Nah...cant be right? wink.png

Yes some good scraps along the way

That Button/Perez one was exceptional close driving with precision

Also Riccardo's 2 passes excellent stuff

Edited by mania

Plenty of action on this race. Bottas start was horrible, but he managed to give a good entertainment while overtaking the other drivers. Magnusson gave a very good fight protecting his position. Unfortunately he went too far, at least according to the judges.

It was great to see Massa on the podium as well. The Williams team has made him a happy person again.

Poor Nico who went through the chicane not only once, but twice whistling.gif I guess he has now fully served his team penalty.

Obviously these things never happen in F1

Edited by Guest

Well Nico got a bit flustered when he saw Lewis bearing down on him... I do not think that was payback, more a white flag whistling.gif

Even with the poor start which was not Lewis's fault the way he thought back was shear magic. clap2.gif

and for those who think it was pay back, well Nico owes Lewis 25 points so if it was expect to see a few more capitulations, but I do not think it was, Nico saw Lewis in his mirror just at the wrong time and did not fancy having to fight him off.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 2

I thought you were leading up there to, '..so if anyone wants a free ticket, drop me a line...'

I have had to admit that the offer of a free grandstand seat for the F1 next week in Singapore is too good to pass up.

So I am going and my wife and dauhgter will have to wait at home...........

• Like 2

Unless something is changed that is how I understand it too.

I remember this article stating he has thru 2015

Lewis Hamilton may seek $120 million contract from Mercedes F1 team

As warning shots go, it was a big one. Work together in the way we demand, Mercedes Formula 1 boss Toto Wolff told drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg, or you are out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29084814

This is a difficult one, so get rid of one driver and replace him, with who???

Assuming the can get their hands on another top class driver, they will have the same situation, It is Mercedes who virtually have the constructors championship in their pocket, out of 13 races so far this season they were one-two 7 times and 9 wins, they have a dream team, I do not think they can do any better...

They need to work with their drivers more, I thought it was Lewis who bore the grudge, but Nico's reaction on the podium when Lewis was questioned about it, said it all.

OMG, what's going on at Ferrari? Mattiacci was a mistake already and now Marchionne as Ferrari chairmen? This guy has now clue of Motorsport or Formula 1. Oh dear oh dear...

I have never been a Ferrari fan, but I think that's a ballsy move. Ferrari sales have been great and yet the president must go as the F1 part has not been a success.

Who knows, maybe the cranky old team will find itself once again and starts winning once again?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115791

OMG, what's going on at Ferrari? Mattiacci was a mistake already and now Marchionne as Ferrari chairmen? This guy has now clue of Motorsport or Formula 1. Oh dear oh dear...

=======================>>

Indeed -- 8th year without a win and heads need to roll. Their modus operandi appears to be deeply flawed. One wonders what happened to them after Ross Brawn left.

Slam Dunk !!!

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/09/di-montezemolo-steps-down-at-ferrari-marchionne-expected-to-take-over/

Edited by jpinx

Indeed -- 8th year without a win and heads need to roll. Their modus operandi appears to be deeply flawed. One wonders what happened to them after Ross Brawn left.

Slam Dunk !!!

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/09/di-montezemolo-steps-down-at-ferrari-marchionne-expected-to-take-over/

Not quite that bad with 2 wins last year (China and Spain), a couple of 2nd places in the championship and a championship with Kimi Raikkönen, all this after Ross Brawn left.

Slam Dunk !!!

Not quite that bad with 2 wins last year (China and Spain), a couple of 2nd places in the championship and a championship with Kimi Raikkönen, all this after Ross Brawn left.

And this year...

As a constructor, 4th behind Williams, Alonso only two podiums, Raikkönen no better than 6th... so far this season.

Take Mercedes out of the equation, still a poor 3rd, not what Ferrari want...

Edited by Basil B

Radio advices to the drivers are banned in the future. It's time for the drivers to drive by themselves. I think that's a great news for F1.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115824

Tomorrow the new FormulaE serie starts. It will be interesting to see the historic first race on this serie.

They did not mention, how many laps the race in China will have. One interesting thing might be changing cars during the race.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/guide/rules-and-regs.aspx

I just gave my fanboost vote to Katherine Legge. Well, simply because she is the prettiest driver. :)

http://fanboost.fiaformulae.com/

Radio advices to the drivers are banned in the future. It's time for the drivers to drive by themselves. I think that's a great news for F1.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115824

Tomorrow the new FormulaE serie starts. It will be interesting to see the historic first race on this serie.

They did not mention, how many laps the race in China will have. One interesting thing might be changing cars during the race.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/guide/rules-and-regs.aspx

I just gave my fanboost vote to Katherine Legge. Well, simply because she is the prettiest driver. smile.png

http://fanboost.fiaformulae.com/

If you use private browsing and a vpn you can give unlimited fanboosts ;)