why so many Asians and Europeans wear USA flag

newbiecuk

The kilt is very smart and a tradition like morris dancing. Whether you would get any scots doing the maypole dance with flowery hats and passing hankies is another question.

As for the independence question. My friend was over from Scotland and beleives the tides are changing. Allowing 16 to 18 year olds to vote. The commonwealth games in Glasgow and a few plays of Braveheart and Rob Roy on the box (although it was an Aussie Wullie Wallace and an Irish Rob Roy) may swing the vote. Freedom from the German / Greek " british" royalty.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People in general are way more interested in the US than the UK, when are you Brits gonna realize this?

Really. USA is doomed. Probably why your here. Being an American I'm surprised you have a passport to travel. Why do all yanks consider themselves scottish, irish,or italian americans. No identity.

No one is interested in the UK anymore...

People in general are way more interested in the US than the UK, when are you Brits gonna realize this?

When are the US going to realise nobody likes them and stop invading countries illegally to get their mineral rites. Never invaded Syria to save them. No oil or maybe America has no money..Better sell some more stars and stripes t shirts...

• Like 1

Really. USA is doomed. Probably why your here. Being an American I'm surprised you have a passport to travel. Why do all yanks consider themselves scottish, irish,or italian americans. No identity.

We gave you The Beatles and The Stones. Television,the light bulb (because your not to bright),penicillin, railways, telephones. The Italians gave you Pasta and Pizza. The Irish gave you good bars to have a beer.

What have you given us? Peace in the world. No. A head ache. George Dubya never even had a passport when he illegaly became president. If you love america so much. Ga ban non. Ai bah.

you guys.. they know exactly what the american flag is you think a group of kids from sweeden or an Chinese millionaire doesn't know the us flag.

I think they wear it because America is America and they sort of fear and worship this country, and its rebelliousness

I'll believe it when I go to a bar and find it full of Thais watching American football, baseball or basketball rather than the EPL.

• Like 1

I have pointed out to some young women in my village that their shirts, shorts or pants are made from the flg of my country ( USA ).

They had no idea that it was a flag or what country it represented.

They just think the colors and pattern are cool!

It's like all of the Tshirts with English writing on them that they wear and cannot read.

At a school function recently, I saw a young mother wearing a shirt that had the word "F*uk" printed on it at least 20 times.

She had no idea what it said.

I informed a woman once that the shirt her 10 year old daughter was wearing said " I am good at using my mouth to make boys happy"

Again, she had no idea what it said until I told her.

I guess it's kind of like all the Americans who had Japanese characters tattoos on their bodies and have no idea what they mean...

It's just stupidity!

At an evening Market in Isaan, I saw a beautiful little 13 or 14 year-old angel wearing a large black T-Shirt with big white letters on the front that said: "I <deleted> FOR COKE!" (Obviously having no idea what it means!)

youd be surprised what thai 14 year olds are doing thesedays ,theyre not nearly as dumb as their parents ......

Even the Vatican is less than perfect !

Far from it. But where does their budget stand on this chart?

bar-chart-defense-spending.jpg

"Defense" ROFL

Speaking of theme parks, great example of social media marketing:

https://twitter.com/EpcotCentre

Is that defence or offensive spending?

it should be called the attack budget rather than the defence budget ....nobody on a camel with an ak-47 in iraq or afghanistan have capability to

attack the usa but it still costs trillions to "prevent"such attacksrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

"Defense" ROFL

it should be called the attack budget rather than the defence budget ....nobody on a camel with an ak-47 in iraq or afghanistan have capability to

attack the usa but it still costs trillions to "prevent"such attacksrolleyes.gif

What a gap between 1 and 2 plus the rest. They should show that on the news more. the world police is sitting in a comfortable seat of control USA: coffee1.gif The Rest: facepalm.gif

"Defense" ROFL

What a gap between 1 and 2 plus the rest. They should show that on the news more. the world police is sitting in a comfortable seat of control. USA: coffee1.gif The Rest: facepalm.gif

Edited by crazyguyinthailand

What a gap between 1 and 2 plus the rest. They should show that on the news more. the world police is sitting in a comfortable seat of control. USA: coffee1.gif The Rest: facepalm.gif

Yes but we can't actually afford it, financed by endless almost zero-interest loans from overseas only because bankster manipulation keeps the USD the perceived "only safe" place to park liquid funds.

And the fact petro other world trade is still denominated in USD. Saddam's real crime was his willingness to take Euros. . .

Neither of these things will continue forever, and when they end LOOK OUT.

• 1 month later...

America and Europe in massive dept...Asia slowing because less exports to America and Europe...Africa (where i work) rich and very poor.

Not sure....Maybe Alex Salmond from the SNP should run the world...Freedom

Simple economics would be my guess. The US has a massive economy, hence has more stuff manufactured at Asian sweatshops than any other country. Due to that, more US flags make their way onto clothes versus other country flags.

I really don't think the tuk-tuk driver who throws on a pair of shorts with the US flag on them puts much thought into any sort of symbolism.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not sure....Maybe Alex Salmond from the SNP should run the world...Freedom

Lord save us from such a fate!

He can't even run a referendum campaign without resorting to childish insults!

But he really, really believes he can keep the Pound £ after his "victory" !

• Like 1

Red, white stripes on pants accentuate the beautiful Thai asses.....

White stars over the nipples,...a bonus.

Thai girls I know have no idea they are wearing a flag...

I can't complain..

and I am an American!

Even stars on ass and stripes on boobs is o.k. with me!

post-147745-0-54304700-1396194758_thumb.

'laughing stock'? OMG! That's so embarrassing. coffee1.gif

If only the US had a good example to follow... Russia? China? Iran? UK? Thailand?

I don't think there are any good examples of countries trying to use their military power to dominate the whole world for economic gain.

I think any rational use of the word "good" would show that would be an oxymoron.

Sure lots of good things about the American system, but the fact that it's all driven by greed is its fundamental flaw, makes the idealistic parts seem like hypocritical window dressing.

Especially since we've largely given up the idealistic parts for the idiotic war on terror scam.

Err, well, umm, lets see; the British Empire, Spanish ,Portugese the list goes on and on.

Have you ever heard of the Opium Wars; the British were nothing but thugs literally forcing the Chinese to buy narcotics and when they refused they were blasted to hell, indiscriminately killing scores, scores and scores of people. The Chinese relented and continued to buy English dope for fear of being obliterated; all for British ECONOMIC GAIN.

That is just one example, there are however, many many more. The British Empire was far, far more evil that America has ever been.

You should take a history class.

I would like to think other Countries would have learnt from this but apparently not.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

the Guardian (Brits, is that considered left/right/tabloid or what?)

Left wing.

And the Telegraph?

Actually, I'd say the Guardian was more Liberal than left, and although it IS highbrow, it always seems to try so hard to be seen as highbrow, and out-highbrow the other broadsheets. One thing for certain; if you ever run out of saccharine politically correct ideas and phrases, it's the best place to head. The international reporting is still good though. The Telegraph is so far right it isn't funny, or rather it is if you can see through the politics and read it for the fun of seeing biased reporting.

(Written by one who joined the Labour Party at 16 because she believed in Clause 4, then, secretly joined the outlawed Militant whilst studying politics in the early 1980's just so my final thesis would be insightful, complete with all the correct dog-with-a bone ravings of the Trotskyist's-de-jour. And what a thesis it was. In spite of them being rabid, misguided souls, I actually made some good friends (with whom I couldn't keep in touch in case they found out I wasn't really one of them; I personally witnessed violence to someone who they believed was a 'traitor to the cause', after a farcical 'trial'). I'm going to have to find out if they're still going).

Be proud of your home country whether it's east or west or north or south. Keep your stupid assed opinions to yourself they don't mean diddly squat anyway. You people making all the BS remarks about the USA probably have never been there or never experienced it first hand only through some stupid movie or newsreel. Name me ONE country in the whole world who is perfect or where you think life is perfect, can anyone do this?ALL Country's everywhere have their problems no one is the perfect world example. If the USA is such a bad place why do millions of people try to go there to live, can you answer that, I'd like to know from all you wiser than thou critics or can all you brave hide behind the keyboard warriors just do just that, hide behind the keyboard and make stupid statements .

Who cares what kind of flag one wears? It's just a painted symbol. Yes sure, to some it has a meaning, to some it does not. I'm pretty sure to the non-american citizens it doesn't mean jack shit, they wear it because it looks cool, you know, USA ''Amerika'' is soo coool and makes one ''hi-so'' ... same shit with people making selfies holding and drinking a starbuck frappuchino... It is only a certain micro level group of people with a certain level of intellect. Case closed.

Be proud of your home country whether it's east or west or north or south. Keep your stupid assed opinions to yourself they don't mean diddly squat anyway. You people making all the BS remarks about the USA probably have never been there or never experienced it first hand only through some stupid movie or newsreel. Name me ONE country in the whole world who is perfect or where you think life is perfect, can anyone do this?ALL Country's everywhere have their problems no one is the perfect world example. If the USA is such a bad place why do millions of people try to go there to live, can you answer that, I'd like to know from all you wiser than thou critics or can all you brave hide behind the keyboard warriors just do just that, hide behind the keyboard and make stupid statements .

No thanks, too much to be ashamed of in our foreign policy's blatant pandering to the military-industrial and imperial corporate elite masquerading as attempts to bring "democracy" hah to countries no where near ready for it when in fact imposing dictatorships on countries crying out for freedom. Crude idiotic striving for world domination.

People go to Amerika to try to make money, full stop, that's the SOLE basis for the society and it's so-called "culture". Certainly no one identifies it with any idealistic nonsense about freedom and rights and such.

Scandinavia, the Swiss have a lot more to be proud of.

But basically nationalism itself has jumped the shark, patriotism is evil, be proud to be a human, citizen of the earth instead.

Red, white stripes on pants accentuate the beautiful Thai asses.....

White stars over the nipples,...a bonus.

Thai girls I know have no idea they are wearing a flag...

I can't complain..

and I am an American!

Even stars on ass and stripes on boobs is o.k. with me!

attachicon.gif595428113_895.jpg

Enjoy seeing them in the go-gos sometimes.

It's always fun to ask a Thai why they don't dare wear their own flag similarly.