Hotels in Paris, double for 80-150 euros. where?

casualbiker

Hi i'm going to Paris soon (april) and would like to know from any seasoned travelers the best areas. i would like a clean reasonable hotel circa the 80-150 euros a night (would go higher if it's worth it)

some where near the Metro etc

We would only be staying 2 nights, 3 days. Any ideas of things to do places of interest would be good.

Thanks

something like this.. http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/hoteledenmontmartre.html?aid=306395;label=paris-8PyzRD5KL4A1%2AsL0LQAP5AS35767851509%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap12000%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=0e833a10ace3af56fd76aea1c8113cb6;dcid=1;type=total;selected_currency=THB

be careful with Paris hotels.

Got ripped-off in a glorified joke of an attic you literally couldn't swing a cat in: Hotel Best Western Monceau, last October at EURO 250 per night, booked online through Booking.com..forget them both for a start! Try to get referral from friend who has same taste and price level you have.

In France I always go with a recognized hotel chain, of which I find Accor hotels (Novotel - Mercure etc.) the most consistent in quality and comfort provided.

Yermanee wai.gif

Thanks .. any actual hotels in Paris that you have stayed at?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Last hotel I stayed in Paris was Hotel Ibis Paris Tour Montparnasse. It's only an Ibis so not much facilities but room was fine, breakfast OK and was right next door to a nice Cafe and walking distance to masses of restaurants and some bars. The metro station entrance was 200 m away.

We've stayed in the IBIS at Place de Italie and the Mercure on Auguste Blanquel (sp) I've stayed at both several times. Mercure a bit more expensive but nicer with market several days a week in front of the hotel. The Ibis is fine with standard Ibis amenities. Ibis can certainly be had for 80 euro a night including breakfast and Mercure a bit more if booked and paid for in advance on their websites. Both are within 5 minute walk to the Metro Place d'Italie with lines 5 6 7. Good restaurants in the area and pretty much walkable anywhere.

You can message me if you want more information as we go there every April.

What has this question got to do with the Thailand Travel Forum?

Because it's asking about world traveling which is what it sez in the description of the sub forum ... if you could be bothered looking .. thanks for your input though ..:unsure:

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We've stayed in a few Citadines around Paris and once George V once :)

The Citadines have a few properties and they are self catering which is an added bonus for all the great food & wine, we like the Arc de Triomphe property but generally they are all decent for Paris.

Are you willing to bring back some croissants ? just asking :)

Edited by ToddWeston