khum kan tok

ShopBoy

Thanks for the lead.

Any idea which one is better http://khumkhantoke.com or the above ?

Khum Kantoke is near Khum Phaya Hotel out near Big C on the Superhighway. I have been to both and would day that the Cultural Centre is not only better located but I slightly better product

Thanks for the review. Would i be able to get a better deal if i book through a tour agent or it be the same price at the door.

Cultural Center 520 per head.

Thanks for the lead.

Any idea which one is better http://khumkhantoke.com or the above ?

Khum Kantoke is near Khum Phaya Hotel out near Big C on the Superhighway. I have been to both and would day that the Cultural Centre is not only better located but I slightly better product

Thanks for the review. Would i be able to get a better deal if i book through a tour agent or it be the same price at the door.

Cultural Center 520 per head.

Tour company will add 3-400 baht pp for their services, including transportation to and fro, so you decide if it's worth it to you. I guess they guarantee you a place, not that it really needs guaranteeing.

I have been to the one at the old cultural center a couple of times... very bad northern Thai food, rather poor show, worse than a hotel "luau" in Hawai'i.

Unfortunatly I don't know an alternative venue for more authentic food and drink mixed with some Lanna and Thai dance.

If you have a Thai friend who works in a hotel they can get you tickets for 399 per person. That is what we always pay when we take out of town guests there. We call our friend the day before, he arranges it, when we show up we just give our name and that's it. So that is most likely the cost to tour agencies. Anything above is their profit.biggrin.png

And yes I concur that the Cultural Center is better. Khum Kantoke used to be good a few years ago but the quality has gone downhill there (and price has gone up).

There is another Kantoke place we have been meaning to try that looks incredible. It is a very beautiful place located on a soi off of the Canal Road between Suthep and the direction of Hang Dong on the hillside. Problem is we forgot the name and don't know how to search for it.

If you have a Thai friend who works in a hotel they can get you tickets for 399 per person. That is what we always pay when we take out of town guests there. We call our friend the day before, he arranges it, when we show up we just give our name and that's it. So that is most likely the cost to tour agencies. Anything above is their profit.biggrin.png

And yes I concur that the Cultural Center is better. Khum Kantoke used to be good a few years ago but the quality has gone downhill there (and price has gone up).

There is another Kantoke place we have been meaning to try that looks incredible. It is a very beautiful place located on a soi off of the Canal Road between Suthep and the direction of Hang Dong on the hillside. Problem is we forgot the name and don't know how to search for it.

Doesn't even have to work there. Just get your lady to say she is staff at the D2 or tamarind (example) and they will reserve seats for you on the door...at the best rate.

We went to khun khantoke few year back...I don't like that touristy stuff where you eat rabbit food whilst some pest of a photographer is trying to get 400bt per click from you.

Hope that info was more useful to you.