Caretaker PM Yingluck ask protesters not to disrupt tomorrow's polls

webfact

I find a lot of posters obsession and their hatred of anything Shin a bit disturbing and unhealthy, especially as it is unlikely to impact many of them anyway. Their posts does absolutely nothing to contribute to the topic. It is just schoolyard bully boy mentality.

To prove my point, some of the usual suspects would flame by saying that my post does not contribute to the topic as well wai2.gif

or

it may just be a hatred of the school boy bully mentality and the shin red bully boys and their methods

be honest Gweiloman, nobody likes a bully regardless of any personal impact it may have on their lives

“The road ahead may be rough and thorny. It is sometimes lonely to walk on this road, but we don’t have many existing roads paved with democracy. One day, people will join us to walk on the road together.”

Nice sentimental statement, if a bit overdone...

This is more realistic:

"The road ahead is definitively rough and thorny. It is sometimes lonely to walk on this road, that's why I am hitching a ride in my buddy Chalerm's pink Bentley and I have the perfect handbag to match, while the rest of you stay behind in the dust, smelling our exhaust."

I find a lot of posters obsession and their hatred of anything Shin a bit disturbing and unhealthy, especially as it is unlikely to impact many of them anyway. Their posts does absolutely nothing to contribute to the topic. It is just schoolyard bully boy mentality.

To prove my point, some of the usual suspects would flame by saying that my post does not contribute to the topic as well wai2.gif

or

it may just be a hatred of the school boy bully mentality and the shin red bully boys and their methods

be honest Gweiloman, nobody likes a bully regardless of any personal impact it may have on their lives

Maybe so. But then if one hates such mentality and methods, why adopt it for oneself?

“After the elections, national reform will be launched as demanded by protesters. Delaying the elections is equivalent to delaying the problems, and it cannot be done under the law,” she said.

She lies again, it "can" be delayed, they just don't want to.

Exactly what law allows for the delay or what specific section in the constitution. Please tell us!!!

Why do you bother to post here when it is clear you dont keep up with current events.The civil court ruled that it was legAL to change the date as long as the YM and the EC agreed. Also, after this ruling YL and thw EC had a meeting to talk about changing the date. But even though YL claimed she wanted to talk about changing date it wAs a lie

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's also possible to read the english translation of the constitution. Not fun.

“After the elections, national reform will be launched as demanded by protesters. Delaying the elections is equivalent to delaying the problems, and it cannot be done under the law,” she said.

She lies again, it "can" be delayed, they just don't want to.

She is right. If you delat it it wont solve anything unless suthep goes home.

Not a hope mate. They are on a roll. I agree that it is all about bullying and hatred. What I find disturbing is the contempt they display for anyone who does not fall in line with their view of things. It is rather mirrored by the contempt for and scorn of the electorate displayed by Suthep and his gang, who of course they idolise.

If this election fails, or is nullified, or if anything happens to Yingluck when she attempts to vote, you will be able to hear the collective groan as they come in their pants from Chiang Rai!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

and you think this contributes and helps?

or

Maybe so. But then if one hates such mentality and methods, why adopt it for oneself?

sometimes you have to get up off your knees and fight might with might

unseemly as that might be to ones principles

With all due respect Gweiloman, if you have actually followed the protest movements it is all about the Shinwatra clan and their one minded path to establish a new ruling political dynasty (Dictatorship).

Politics have and still only play a small part in the matter. the same scenario as it was in Italy recently .

The Thai people have had enough and it won't just be the Shinwatra clan that will subsequently feel the wrath of the people it will be all of the self serving politicians here irrespective of their political or rather financial allegiance.

I am sorry for this, but i really think you have it all backwards. suthep wants a dictatorship and nothing else. And the THAI PEOPLE have had enough of suthep.

Edited by diehard60

Yingluck's plea to bring about reform after the election is two and half years stale. That was her precise promise before the 2011 election. And what did it lead to ? The amnesty bill, which was cynically rammed through parliament at 4 in the morning. So to promise reform now is not being believed by anyone - except clearly those who thought her idea of reform was pretty darn terrific as it was. But for those that don't think that, her continued promises of reform have a hollow ring.

• Like 2

With all due respect Gweiloman, if you have actually followed the protest movements it is all about the Shinwatra clan and their one minded path to establish a new ruling political dynasty (Dictatorship).

Politics have and still only play a small part in the matter. the same scenario as it was in Italy recently .

The Thai people have had enough and it won't just be the Shinwatra clan that will subsequently feel the wrath of the people it will be all of the self serving politicians here irrespective of their political or rather financial allegiance.

I am sorry for this, but i really think you have it all backwards. suthep wants a dictatorship and nothing else. And the THAI PEOPLE have had enough of suthep.

I think the Thai people have had enough of ALL of them .. many I speak to are just bored of all the silly antics.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I can hardly NOT follow the protests. As most would already know, one of the protest sites is literally at my doorstep. The speeches are practically the last thing I hear before falling asleep and what wakes me up in the mornings.

If it's within the confines of the law, it is not illegal nor unreasonable to want to have a political dynasty. Many countries have undergone this and not necessarily to their detriment - Singapore for example. But that's not dictatorship is it? As long as there are checks and balances, that is how democracy is meant to be played out.

What Suthep wants is some sort of dictatorship, albeit a temporary one. In my view however, that's a slippery slope to embark on.

I can hardly NOT follow the protests. As most would already know, one of the protest sites is literally at my doorstep. The speeches are practically the last thing I hear before falling asleep and what wakes me up in the mornings.

If it's within the confines of the law, it is not illegal nor unreasonable to want to have a political dynasty. Many countries have undergone this and not necessarily to their detriment - Singapore for example. But that's not dictatorship is it? As long as there are checks and balances, that is how democracy is meant to be played out.

What Suthep wants is some sort of dictatorship, albeit a temporary one. In my view however, that's a slippery slope to embark on.

Checks and balance is exactly what has been eroded ..

Then bring it back in, using legal means.

Photo looks nice after the makeover.

On paper the announcement sounds nice, apart from going down the road with her government and keep treading on land mines. AGAIN.

Wouldn't it be nice if this was to be heartfelt and genuine plea. Has been said so many times why didn't she take this road 3 years ago ?? and after 3 years and now mega disruption she wants to come clean.

If the people believe her how much can they absorb until it really hits them like a sack of coal.

well I guess if that's how the people feel they can vote that way, right? Oh n#o, they can't because some anarchist dimwit is stopping people from voting

Then bring it back in, using legal means.

Any suggestions?

Personally I think for Thailand at this moment in time a reform council could be a good idea...with elections in 12-18 months. I do not agree with Suthep organizing it!

Edited by casualbiker

Photo looks nice after the makeover.

On paper the announcement sounds nice, apart from going down the road with her government and keep treading on land mines. AGAIN.

Wouldn't it be nice if this was to be heartfelt and genuine plea. Has been said so many times why didn't she take this road 3 years ago ?? and after 3 years and now mega disruption she wants to come clean.

If the people believe her how much can they absorb until it really hits them like a sack of coal.

well I guess if that's how the people feel they can vote that way, right? Oh n#o, they can't because some anarchist dimwit is stopping people from voting

I don't put my vote for Suthep-if I had one. But knowing what's right and wrong is what I go on......you always have been in complete denial with government corruption--it is on a mega scale and you STILL keep shouting about Suthep.--and elections.

Clean your mind and think about it more. Yingluck is not in a fit state along with the PTP to carry on-with captain in Dubai. elections are your only way out.

At times like this elections are useless unless you can get ALL dirty MPs out, Jailed-- Have new people come along to contest and vote then. If you don't do it, no one will benefit.

Elections give you numbers--numbers give you power, but after the elections so many will be banned-jailed all the money is thrown away and lost,

REFORM first. courts to get the corruptors put away. Who ever they are.

You want this party to get in-fine. But when each one is brought to the bench to face their crimes I want to hear from you.

Suppose you will come up with Thaksins excuse---politically motivated--bleeding coward he is. don't forget whatever big problems he makes here HE IS SAFE you think he cares.???

Just like big brother, a two faced lieing sack of ______

Reform headed by Taksin and his cronies will never improve anything, all it will do is serve their ends, it will increase corruption and reduce transparency under their control...Detritus of the worst kind.

• Like 1

Maybe slightly off topic but very interesting to see that Morsi is in court today to face charges of having protestors killed in Egypt. Hope those responsible for the violence against the protestors here, whoever they may be ( nudge nudge, we all know who they probably are ) will see similar litigation as soon as is possible...

Edited by tingtongteesood

My god guys and gals - what are you all going to do when Taksin finally returns and takes up the reins of power again? pack up and leave? Because it's going to happen - ever one of his elected Governments lead by him or his proxies have improved the conditions of the poorest rural areas in Thailand and made life better for the majority at the bottom of the pyramid - who happen to be the vast majority of voters in this country. Some of you have gone on about the corruption in the rice pledging scheme but the truth most small farmers have actually already benefitted from it - it is the bigger commercial farmers waiting for their payments. Please remember the last Democratic Party Government wasn't a result of an election - it was a result of folk crossing the floor and some fairly questionable legal rulings banning certain people from Parliament - in fact it is years since the Opposite actually have won an election. And to weaken their chances further what in the hell did they do for the common man when they were in power. Sweet nothing - they, including Suthep, had their chances and blew it.

So bumps along the way, but clearly the next election (split into two parts) will be won by the Taksin supporters and eventually he will be pardoned and be back here and will win another election and the power of the old guard will be eroded further.

Then all this vitriol most of you have for this guy and his family is going to be directed at a ruling dynasty elected democratically by the majority people of Thailand - not the elites in Bangkok. And certainly a dynasty who might find continual irrational insults on ThaiVisa a bit offensive.

• Like 1