Isaan Farmers Meeting No. 10 - End of March 2014

WormFarmer

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Packdee and Wormfarmer. I wont be able to attend but would suggest anyone who can, makes the effort. Colonel Packdee assisted me greatly with our mushroom venture and has a wealth of knowledge on the subject and can offer valuable assistance in locating equipment locally made for a range of farming ventures.

Get behind this meeting guys. Good luck all.

• Like 1

Where does one start!

Packdee.

Thank you so much for your very generous offer to host Isaan Farmers Meeting No. 10 and the kindness of your wife to produce us with lunch. Having read about your mushroom venture before, I will be most interested to learn a bit on how we can grow them! I very much look forward to meeting you on the 29th. March.

WormFarmer.

Thank you so much for organising this fascinating Meeting. It has been worth the delay in between Meetings 9 & 10. This is something special as we will be getting advise and inspiration from an expert.

I love eating mushrooms so can't wait to learn how I should grow them properly!!

In answer to the Information you require:-

1). There will be 2 for lunch - My wife and I (Ting and Anthony).

2). so the same 2 will be there for the afternoon

3). and the same 2 wish to attend the dinner.

By that time I will NOT want drive back to Surin!! so I will be arranging for us to stay at the Banrai Jomthong Resort.

DaveHKT.

We look forward to toasting our super sponsor again. We also look forward to the day when we might be able to toast you in person!! Thanks so much.

Will much look forward to seeing old friends again as well as meeting new ones. Come and join us as it will be well worth while. Sad Bergen that you will not be amongst them.

Will much look forward to seeing old friends again as well as meeting new ones. Come and join us as it will be well worth while. Sad Bergen that you will not be amongst them.

BERGEN.

Please accept my humblest apologies. I have just found that I have made a most embarrassing mistake when I typed my acceptance to the next Meeting and typed your name at the end when it should have been IsaanAussie as being unable to come.

I just can't think what came over me. I can only put it down to Old age and Senile dementia or something like that.

Of course I DO hope that you will be able to come as it will be lovely to see your cheery face again.

Please forgive me even if it means I will have to humbly 'kiss your toes' at the Meeting!!!!!!

AA1. sad.pngsorry.gif

• Like 1

Hi all. bad angel I think this is used as a land mark but up to ...U... the farm meetings are good to explore. farmers. don't. go to meetings to meetings to learn how to make there turbine. grow bigger. rgds Russell

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The meeting place is in Saraburi but it's next to Isaan border.

71486_735977373093505_1087168894_n.jpg

The compound will be a part of veterans vocational training center.

1781902_735975959760313_1033190586_n.jpg

A four-room guest house and a mushroom training shelter.

1014028_735976039760305_838709219_n.jpg

LAB house for mushroom culture and spawn preparation.

.1743478_735976216426954_1320125615_n.jpg

• Like 2

If you are finalising your diaries before confirming that you can coming to the next meeting, may I suggest you also look at the Thread "Milky Mushroom (Calocybe Indica) Cultivation" which Col. Packdee started just under a year ago. Several postings are from farmers already well known to us (sadly we know 2 are not going to be out of the country) but seeing the size of the mushrooms IsaanAussie grew, thanks to Col. Packdee, make one's mouth water. Whether you thinking you might grow commercially or for self needs or just learn more about mushrooms, it will be a fascinating meeting.

Write it into you diary and let us know you will be coming!

K. Packdee, I'm having problems trying to get a message to you, could you please PM your email address to me. Thanks

Wormfarmer, "...drinks will be free, at least for a while" and there I was thinking farmers didn't drink much. Consider the supply doubled. Enjoy

Dave

• Like 2

Excellent, so we'll be going to a plateau, after all.thumbsup.gif

AAh1, thanks for posting this on the milky mushroom thread, I just found out the meeting is on!

Packdee, thank you for hosting this year's meeting and I love to look at the pictures you have posted here. That stone doesn't look easy to climb..

Wormfarmer thank you for taking the time to post the invitation.

Bergen, please come, we have to represent our generation^... It'll be fun. I'll bring some pretz.smile.png.

aussieruss, can you make it? I thought you were due to come in April..

IA, hope to see you one daysmile.png.

BAD ANGEL, whoever you are: it doesn't matter to me. No worries.

DaveKHT, thanks, again, we'll make it a loud toast!

I lost track of the meeting developments a month ago when Packdee was considering to host. I'm very glad to hear it's all set.

You can count me and my woman in from lunchtime untill the end.

Yours, DAL.

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

I just read the mushroom thread and can feel myself weakening, please don't write me off just yet. Like DaveHKT I may have to put off the final decision until a few days before the day.

I wonder why I didn't look at Packdee's thread earlier. Anyway I think its a good one. Plus it seems reasonably close to me in Chantaburi so that's an attraction too. I am making plans so hope to see you all there, will let you know

Sounds promising guys, it would be good to see lots of new faces, but please don't leave it too late as Colonel Packdee needs to know how many to cater for lunch - also don't forget you need to make your own booking for accommodation that night, either at Banrai Jomthong Resort where we'll be meeting for dinner or elsewhere. WF

Edited by WormFarmer

Hi guys,

I was hoping to put in an appearance for IFM #10. The prospect of meeting up with you people with the added bonus of taking in Col. Packdee's enterprise was something to look forward to. Unfortunately this won't happen this time as business commitments (my better half's not mine) make it look as we are both going to be tied up for the whole of next month. If I can squeeze a weekend end away I will certainly try and make the journey. I the meantime I hope you all enjoyCol Packdee's hospitality "& who knows I could always make a surprise appearance and sample the odd 'free beer or two'. If anyone fancies a karaoke let the Colonel know.

Dave

It would be great if you can make it to the meeting, having been such a wonderful sponsor in the past, but don't make it too much of a surprise, we may have drunk all the free beer! and Colonel Packdee needs to know to cater for you! WF

• Like 1

The link in the first post gets me to a n item called 'erase all personal data?

Anyway, me and my wife noy will attend if it is as close as I assume. (I live between 15 minutes from Aussieruss). for some reason I can't open the PDF on mymobile. Will let you know if we need rooms.

Sent from my i-mobile i-style 7.1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The link in the first post gets me to a n item called 'erase all personal data?

Anyway, me and my wife noy will attend if it is as close as I assume. (I live between 15 minutes from Aussieruss). for some reason I can't open the PDF on mymobile. Will let you know if we need rooms.

Sent from my i-mobile i-style 7.1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi Revar, note that if you want rooms you must make your own arrangements, you can book Banrai Jomthong Resort, which is where we'll be meeting later for dinner, on-line at several of the usual hotel booking sites or book somewhere else, but since you live so close maybe you won't need a room. Depends how much free burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif you drink. Cheers WF