Yingluck admits rice subsidies need revamp if re-introduced

webfact

'Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has blamed the House dissolution for disrupting payments to farmers under the rice pledging scheme but brushed aside criticism of the programme’s failure.'

Rubbish, payment was due in October. Long before the dissolution. The disruption to payments has only one cause, that being the rice scheme has been a complete failure.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of talk about the Rice Farmers and the "elites" but not much about the Rubber Farmers.

Here is their voice:

Alienated Southern Thais vow to keep pressure on Thaksin and government

http://globalitemagazine.com/2014/02/06/alienated-southern-thais-vow-to-keep-pressure-on-thaksin-yingluck-government/

“Poor people do bad things, go to jail. Rich people do bad things, win elections.”

Edited by MGP

I don't see pdrc offering a solution other than prelong payments to farmers.

Everywhere outside Thailand is condemning the pdrc except those here who think they are elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Everywhere outside Thailand is condemning the pdrc except those here who think they are elite.

The pdrc don't need to offer a solution, they are not a political party or hold any power or administrative functions

You sound like YK blame everyone else for your own actions

The pdrc don't need to offer a solution, they are not a political party or hold any power or administrative functions

You sound like YK blame everyone else for your own actions

Genious, absolute brilliant idea.
Promises the farmers to pay by the year 2560 AD.
Revamp the word "Rice" in to "Rubber", revamp "Tablet" to "LCD TV"
and I'm absolutely sure, no one would realize and everyone will vote for her again.

Regarding widespread protests by farmers who demanded overdue payments for the rice they have sold under the scheme, she asked for sympathy to agencies in charge of assisting farmers and said the law bans a caretaker government from financial engagement that could pose a burden to the new government.

So who was it that failed to think ahead and put monies in place to pay the farmers BEFORE disolving the house?

Dissolving the house was a knee jerk reaction to the protesters to cling to power and no thought or planning was done about the consequences. The decision was probably made in a two minute skype call from Dubai.

• Like 1

Why should they? The government is busy impounding their bank accounts, they are not even in caretaker power, it wasnt' their scheme in the first place.

It is the full and total responsibility of the PTP caretaker government and NOBODY else.

Edited for my bad spelling. (See, I take responsibility for my mistakes).

Edited by billd766
  • Like 2

Good time to sell farming land if you have any.

Sure, just what the Shina's and their corrupt brethren want, buy it cheap and then lease it back to and screw the poor subsistent farmers. You know the one's, the ones we promised to make rich, educate their kids , cheap unsustainable medical help, free computers to their kids etc etc etc. And where are these farmers now - begging for their well earned money and some support to survive.

• Like 1

Why should they? The government is busy impounding their bank accounts, they are not even in caretaker power, it wasnt' their scheme in the first place.

It is the full and total responsibility of the PTP caretaker government and NOBODY else.

Edited for my bad spelling. (See, I take responsibility for my mistakes).

Shame a few others don't follow suit, but of course "we" never make mistakes, a few rule changes sorts that problem out.

Yet again... Still no official apology.

Just saying it is not her fault... Complete and utter rubbish.

One minute she is saying that they are not allowed to borrow the money because they are in caretaker mode and that is against the rules, the next sentence she says that they are trying to borrow the money.

Total contradiction that will now be criticised. Once again Yingluck, you have displayed for all to see, that you are no more than a complete airhead.

Just look into her eyes on that picture..... she is away with the fairies.

The lift doesn't go all the way to the top of the tower,

The lights are on but nobody is home,

She is two sandwiches short of a picnic.

She is as about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

And many other things that I can't think of at the moment.

About as useful as tits on a bull.

.......... She has been warned over and over from everybody ........

Well, the rice farmers too, they been warned that that scheme

wouldn't work but they believed what they wanted to believe.

The reply of the few people I talked to was: "You farang, you don't understand, Thailand different"

So, Sum Nam Naa, Na?

Charging her with premeditated murder would be the only right thing.

Now if she would have premeditated murder, she did a pretty bad job on that

as it didn't seam to work. If it would have worked, her "premeditated murder",

there wouldn't be any rice farmers around anymore to demonstrate.

Now I wonder if ever anyone suggested to charge Barclay's Bank for "premeditated murder"?

There was quite a few people in the UK who committed suicide because Barcdlay's miss-sold

endowment mortgages.

Edited by JoeLing

Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has blamed the House dissolution for disrupting payments to farmers under the rice pledging scheme but brushed aside criticism of the programme’s failure.

You've got to have alligator blood to be able to stand there and say that without flinching. I'd say she's got some rare old conkers, for sure. I sort of have to admire the gall, despite my views on the whole sorry business. Robert DeNiro has got nothing on this one.

Yet again... Still no official apology.

Just saying it is not her fault... Complete and utter rubbish.

One minute she is saying that they are not allowed to borrow the money because they are in caretaker mode and that is against the rules, the next sentence she says that they are trying to borrow the money.

Total contradiction that will now be criticised. Once again Yingluck, you have displayed for all to see, that you are no more than a complete airhead.

Just look into her eyes on that picture..... she is away with the fairies.

The lift doesn't go all the way to the top of the tower,

The lights are on but nobody is home,

She is two sandwiches short of a picnic.

She is as about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

And many other things that I can't think of at the moment.

About as useful as tits on a bull.

Like a drover's dog, all piss and wind.

She really can't say anything else can she if she wishes to retain the rural vote in the North and North East. If she admits that the government is to blame she is shooting herself in the foot. She needs to blame everyone else in attempt to continue hoodwinking the rural folk, the base of PTPs support.

"Meanwhile, two senior officials of the Public Warehouse Organisation were interrogated by Udon Thani police yesterday concerning 34,000 sacks of rice, worth Bt80 million, which disappeared after being moved out of Udon Thani warehouse for rice mills in Lop Buri on March 5-26 last year. (MCOT online news)."
34.000 sacks of rice disappeared?
If a bag of rice weighs 50 kg, then 1,700 tons of rice are there disappeared.
And this is only one Warehouse from 2000 in the country.
May PT caretaker Chalerm should ask his son, who is in charge to take care of the rice mountain, where this amount of rice is.
This is organized crime.
Normally a job for PT caretaker Chalerms friend Tarrit, the DSI chief, to start an investigation.

It seems that the government has no interest in uncovering the theft of national state money.

I guess the state has lost over 200.000.000.000 (200 Billion) Baht only on corruption from this rice scheme.

What criminals have enriched themselves personally here for over 2 years?

Who has now the money?

The farmers obviously not.

But here there will be no proper investigation.

The necessary control instruments are here paralyzed, purchased and off function.

Poor Thailand in the stranglehold of organized crime.

I would assert that the rice never existed in the first place...

it was 'pledged' but never arrived at the warehouse.

.......... She has been warned over and over from everybody ........

Well, the rice farmers too, they been warned that that scheme

wouldn't work but they believed what they wanted to believe.

The reply of the few people I talked to was: "You farang, you don't understand, Thailand different"

So, Sum Nam Naa, Na?

Oooooh... its the Rice Farmers fault now!?!?! gotcha wink.png

Edited by MunterHunter