Culture Ministry: Undergarments being sold with prints of Thai flag and map

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thai Ministry of Culture make noises like this every few months to justify their existence.

Well, if you don’t have a football club that would survive in the EPL, not a single invention recognised by the rest of the world as ‘Thai’. If you live under an incompetent government, corrupt religious leaders in a remote controlled nation and in your schoolbooks the country’s history is modyfied to fit, you are left with no reason to be proud of. Hence, you have to stick to obscure nationalism based on constructed ideas of ‘thainess’ and doubious interpretations of ‘culture’.

• Like 2

Meanwhile, Thailand has no problem selling Hitler shirts and swastica symbols.

What utter hypocrisy!!!

Well, culture ministry....its our country, our culture and we will sell what we like.

And don't forget the blackface Sambos and the name of the store - Hitler.

I recently saw a Union Jack carpet for sale in Bangkok. I asked the shop assistant if they had a Thai flag carpet too and they said they didn't stock this item. I said the Union Jack was nice but, I would rather have a Thai flag as I live here. Apparently anyone else's flag is fair game.

Funny you should say that. I have an Aussie flag door mat which we purchased from a wharehouse in Kanchanaburi and we all know how thais feel about feet and walking on things.

Glad to see nothing that important is happening here so the Thai government can focus

on undergarments with Thai lags and a map of the country on them being sold on an

American website. whistling.gif

I have seen dogs with thai national colours in their hair, and that was from the protest site and from the celebrities and hi-so and whoever.

The problem for the ministry might be, that they can't tax or make money any other way from this venture

Boooooo- hoooooo!

Nothing wrong of course, with wearing the Union Jack on your @$$ or the Stars and Stripes on your Flip- flops or the Brazilian flag...or...or...or...

Or Thaksin's face.

goodsandals.jpg

O.M.G., where can i buy these from.

I would love to wear these on my next trip to Isaan. hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

Edited by tonytigerbkk
  • Like 2

Boooooo- hoooooo!

Nothing wrong of course, with wearing the Union Jack on your @$$ or the Stars and Stripes on your Flip- flops or the Brazilian flag...or...or...or...

Or Thaksin's face.

goodsandals.jpg

O.M.G., where can i buy these from.

I would love to wear these on my next trip to Isaan. hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

Two feet.

That's about how far you would get.

I recently saw a Union Jack carpet for sale in Bangkok. I asked the shop assistant if they had a Thai flag carpet too and they said they didn't stock this item. I said the Union Jack was nice but, I would rather have a Thai flag as I live here. Apparently anyone else's flag is fair game.

A bunch of hypocrites. ;)