Website test

khunbillmex

Hello ,

I have a forum website for my small city in Mexico. It has been hosted for the past several years on a server in Thailand. Recently it suffered two hacks - a week a part. We have recovered and moved to a new host and are now trying to secure the site more so than before.

If someone could do the following for us it would be appreciated: try accessing the site [i'm not sure if URL's are allowed in these posts - you can see the forum URL in my profile - it is the 2nd one listed] and once reaching the site take a screen shot of the Cloudflare challenge message and email it to us.

Thank you

khunbillmex soon to be back in Khon Kaen

Edited by khunbillmex

Website is up, but has a Captcha before you get to it. This has probably been put in place because the site was under some sort of DoS attack.

See attached screenshots.

post-55840-0-62524100-1391824742_thumb.p

post-55840-0-75238200-1391824777_thumb.p

Edited by AyG

If your website is intended to be used by people in Mexico, Thailand would be about the worst place to host it (due to delay on long distance communication lines).

Why not host it with a reputable company in the USA?

good point of course and that is what we are now doing - I was living in Chaing Mai when I launched the site and even then it really did not make much sense but it was cheap - a 4 year run with few problems and good response/support from IC-Myhost in Sumutprakarn.

If your website is intended to be used by people in Mexico, Thailand would be about the worst place to host it (due to delay on long distance communication lines).

Why not host it with a reputable company in the USA?

good point of course and that is what we are now doing - I was living in Chaing Mai when I launched the site and even then it really did not make much sense but it was cheap - a 4 year run with few problems and good response/support from IC-Myhost in Sumutprakarn.

But time to move on.

Thanks everyone. I know this was an oddball request. I do have links to LOS like 4% of the Thai population of Mexico live in my town - in my house and the site was -until its recent move- hosted in Thailand. It was registered by my brother-in-law an ex-monk now a rubber tree farmer who would not have been able to do this simple test. Once again thanks to all - sorry if the post seemed inappropriate. Mods can close this if they wish - and sorry for the semi duplicate reply to kriswillems - I couldn't find a way to delete the dupe