Watch Sochi LIVE free on internet from Thailand?

sergejsu

Yeah, I seem to remember that last time, the only way to watch it online was through the BBC's iPlayer.

Pretty sad actually. It's 2014 and they still can't beam the video to everybody?

Of course they can, but they charge for it.

I was watching a great picture quality on BBC2 of games (play on demand) using UKTV. OK, it's not free but a paypal subscription whenever you need it is hardly going to break the bank and the ease of use cannot be bettered on my 10mbps line.

XMBC - my other (free) alternative tends to buffer too much.

And on bbc sport on internet

Dom

BBC Sport streaming doesn't work d, probably because IP adress is in Thailand sad.png

And True Vison is cable/TV, I emant simply streaming in internet.

So far no options found.

Try http://hola.org unblocker. Change your IPA to "UK" while watching BBC Sport.

Agree with this. Adding Hola plugin to my Firefox browser was done in a couple of seconds. I then went to a country restricted stream from the Olympics and Hola message popped up asking me to unblock it by using a local VPN, just for that site. Works great!

I was watching a great picture quality on BBC2 of games (play on demand) using UKTV. OK, it's not free but a paypal subscription whenever you need it is hardly going to break the bank and the ease of use cannot be bettered on my 10mbps line.

XMBC - my other (free) alternative tends to buffer too much.

Having said that about UKTV, I also find sometimes the Beeb iplayer runs just fro free as well with Hola installed - sometimes!. So the choice is there.

Found it on Belorussian TV smile.png

http://www.belta.by/ru/dose_menu/olimpiada-sochi-2014/Otkrytie-Olimpijskix-igr-v-Sochi-prjamaja-transljatsija_i_658876.html

- seems they did not proteced stream, unlike all other TV companies

Er.... thanks...maybe!

Clicked on it, used the "translation to English" which worked with the printed material Screen was Black for a while then turned Red (no pun intended) some dots flashed in the middle of the screen....but NOTHING ELSE.

Any suggestions???

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying out Hula and Zenmate (which someone suggested on another thread) with some good success with BBC and ITV...iplayers and progams, if you install both on Chrome, it seems to work a little better than on Firefox... from what I have observed... Both from Mac Air (wireless) or Mac Mini ADSL line on 3bb... Picture quality is excellent, with a little buffering... but not that bad~! .... no throttling yet by 3bb on 900 baht PM service... thumbsup.gif

I have the Mac Mini set up to TV screen with HDMI cable....works well... thumbsup.gif

NBC sports (USA of A ) was OK, but CBC Canada seems hopelessly slow... (Hula).... To watch ITV (UK) you need to enter a UK postal code... then can watch all kinds of great stuff! ... even the commercials though bah.gifbiggrin.png

Be sure not to have both on at same time, you'll confuse the computer!blink.png or yourself, tongue.png Turn on / off one or other in extensions!

It's a learning curve to control the screen with a mouse though and not a remote ! facepalm.gif

Next might be Netflix etc! ... it all seems to be getting easier and better... and will be lots cheaper than satellite wink.png

And on bbc sport on internet

Dom

BBC Sport streaming doesn't work d, probably because IP adress is in Thailand sad.png

And True Vison is cable/TV, I emant simply streaming in internet.

So far no options found.

Try http://hola.org unblocker. Change your IPA to "UK" while watching BBC Sport.

Agree with this. Adding Hola plugin to my Firefox browser was done in a couple of seconds. I then went to a country restricted stream from the Olympics and Hola message popped up asking me to unblock it by using a local VPN, just for that site. Works great!

I did just that in Chrome but when trying to watch video I got the message:

"Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory."

Any idea why?

• 6 months later...