Two female Thai teachers to holiday in US...visa requirements?

What is required for two Thai women, both government teachers in Thailand (Chachoengsao) to get a visa to travel for a 3 week holiday to US? Both are single women and in their thirties. They don’t know anybody in the US that could assist. I have searched for some threads here but could not directly find an answer. Any advice appreciated thanks.

I know my better half,she's A teacher.She had to show them proof that she has land,owns businesses.The U.S. wants to know A person has ties to Thailand.That they have to come back to Thailand.

Being their teachers maybe it's A different story.

I agree with the reply above and might add a few suggestions.

1. Speaking your best English.
  2. Dress conservative but nice when going to apply for your visa.
  3. Make up a written itinerary of your trip plans, where and what you plan to visit in the USA and days at each location.
  4. Since you do not know anyone in the USA, maybe taking a formal letter from a village official or your school supporting your trip and your work ethic might help.
  5. As the previous poster said, a list of reasons you will return to Thailand. Job, bank accounts, children or assets in Thailand.

Remember that the fee to apply for the visa will not be returned if you are not accepted so do your best and be prepared the best you can when you go.

Good Luck

The online app is what it is.

Stack of supporting paperwork:

Documents showing govt job

Letter from entity guaranteeing job on return

Itinerary and bookings

Copy bankbook/s

Copy property and or auto/motorcycle

Huge question will be on their minds, how will she get about? City to city easy enough but "seeing the US" without a car might be an issue.

I would not make reference to visiting or being assited by any Thai's in country.

^^ Thanks for the replies.

I should add that these ladies are not Thai English teachers. One of them is a Thai language teacher, she has applied last year, or the year before,

and her application was rejected, I believe it was because she had no contact in US but not sure.

Would perhaps some letter from their school be helpful in securing a US tourist visa? Or the Ministry of Eduction?

Anyone have knowledge of/experience with such a case?

You wouldn't be rejected by not having a contact in the US. Proof they own a house and a letter from their job indicating they are allowed a 3 week holiday and will be returning to work, plus a bank book with some cash in it. These things will ensure the best possible outcome. Good luck!

• Like 1

@inzman Thanks for your reply.

As I wrote, I am not sure if having no contact in US was the reason for rejection of previous visa application. Will ask again.

As for bankbook: any indication of what would be a nice minimum to have in the bank when applying for a US tourist visa, as a Thai?

These are your normal Thai government teachers (aged middle to late thirties), so not particularly well off. They might not even own a house or land.

I have personally never met them, just want to help them with a bit of advice (and advice only).

If one was denied a visa, it will be very difficult for her to ever get a visa again. If they just didn't process it, then she has a chance. They would be better off buying a tour package deal with a specific itinerary.

The bank book should show regular deposits over a period of time. A balance over 100k would look quite good. Don't worry about being denied once, it happens, keep on keepin on. By the way any ties in the US will be a negative. They could be considered a reason to not come back. The whole thing hinges on weather any reason exists as to not come back here.

• Like 1