How to get a new green book

After trying to change owners on my Honda shadow, I have now been told by dlt that the chassis no. Doesn't match model of motorcycle, even though this is the same green book which was supplied by dlt seven years ago.

Main problem being that dlt is now all computerised and they check chassis no. Against model of bike. Most older bigger bikes were imported then put on a doner book. Since taking in into dlt I can no longer tax the bike, so question, any solutions, I've been told I need to get a new doner book , and then tax it under the table on a yearly basis which I don't mind doing as long as I can get a disc. Has anyone got any trust worthy contacts to be able to get another doner book, or any other solutions.

I had the exact same problem once. I want to several LDT's and none would change them name because engine didn't match frame. I came to the conclusion that it was not worth going through the effort to get it into my name. So I just left it as it was. Lot's of bikes are like this. You can still tax them every year. Obviously this will effect your resale value.

Hi guys, for some reason I can no longer tax the vehicle, since I went in to try and change over they have struck the bike off there data base, hence needing a new green book. Have also tried using a couple of under the table guys all coming back with the same conclusion. They can not get the tax either.

Hi guys, for some reason I can no longer tax the vehicle, since I went in to try and change over they have struck the bike off there data base, hence needing a new green book. Have also tried using a couple of under the table guys all coming back with the same conclusion. They can not get the tax either.

Have you tried a different vehicle transport office?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes have tried 3 different offices, the bike now seems to be ear marked on the central computor system.

Ooops. Suggestion is just to wait a bit until it quiets down then try again.

How a database would "quiet down" ?

it's either pay good money, or having lost it - a "donor book" is never good to begin with.

Yes have tried 3 different offices, the bike now seems to be ear marked on the central computor system.

it's either pay good money, or having lost it - a "donor book" is never good to begin with.

the problem is that until a problem like this arises, you donmt know your on a doner book, i am advised by someone in the dlt that it aws common practise for all bigger bikes and the problem is going to get much larger. i have an original green book supplied by dlt 7 years ago, with all the correct numbers on it chassis, ans reg. its just that now they have become coputorised they are checking if original chassis numbers match to the bike model. and they dont........even though the dlt still realise i have an original green book supplied by them 7 years ago.

This is Thailand!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app