PDRC core leader Sonthiyarn arrested in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Thais know exactly what they are getting with the PTP and continue to vote for them, because in their opinion, they are better than the Decoratic Party. It is their choice, now get over it and allow the democratic process to take its course.

That's the biggest problem of the Democrat party and their followers. They think that unless you vote for them and they are in power, it's not Democracy,

But Pheua Thai is not a democratic party, everything is controlled by one man and is family.
  • Like 2

but in a fascist dictatorship led by a shouting and screaming madman who hates foreigners

so what about the indian on the stage standing next to him then, he is not going to support this guy fight his deportation ?....he's a foreigner...whistling.gif

Yes yes Suthep really hates foreigners, the Indian, and the numerous dual nationals who are farangs who support him...rolleyes.gif

The Thais know exactly what they are getting with the PTP and continue to vote for them, because in their opinion, they are better than the Decoratic Party. It is their choice, now get over it and allow the democratic process to take its course.

That's the biggest problem of the Democrat party and their followers. They think that unless you vote for them and they are in power, it's not Democracy,

Biggest problem with Phua Thai is they think the only part of democracy IS the vote!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's a bigger part of democracy than a gun toting elitist controlled army and court system sticking its nose in every minute of every day.

Most parliaments in the world can function without one deadpan componant (Dems) running off to Court after the end of every session weeping and wailing for the Governments overthrow or for policy to be ruled illegal etc.

Some of you praying for this coup need to really waken up to how badly informed you are becoming by blindly following this gang of thugs.

• Like 2

I can understand how a lot of people on TV do not like Suthep or the PDRC for their hard core tactics of blocking streets, invading government offices and the seemingly undemocratic vote block etc. but am I assuming correctly many of these Suthep critics also support PTP and Thaksin? Or do you support the red shirts?

The protest movements we are seeing are a result of people being fed up with corruption and tyranny from the current government.

It started with the student protests and Guy Fawkes masks and gained momentum with Suthep joining the fray.

But it is not about Suthep or any single person. It is about how a group of politicians who were elected in by the majority of the population in the North and Northeast and financially supported by Thaksin abused their powers as can be seen by the passing of the Amnesty Bill in Parliament and the rice-pledging scheme to name a few instances.

The government run by Yingluck and the PTP clearly showed their incompetence, poor governance and lack of ethics.

This government is supported by the red shirts. How does reflect on the red shirts if they insist on supporting PTP and Thaksin?

Is there not a clear line between right and wrong here?

I'd really like to hear a good argument from all of the supposed detractors of Suthep on how Thai's can get rid of a very corrupt government elected into office? In any other developed country I think they would have all resigned in shame but not Thailand.

Can the red shirts and majority in the North and Northeast not fathom the level of corruption? Right now the farmers are feeling it.

If we insist on using our voting rights who do we vote into office? PTP? Democrats? Who?

You are very wrong as your arguments parrot the Rich Elite Establishment perception of Thaksin, they call Thaksin "Evil" that is "Corrupt to the core" to the Elite, Thaksin is the most corrupt politician in Thai history.

What you parrot is the line they have been feeding the misguided, gullible yellows and Farang yellows.

"the question is who is the "Just and Fair" Watch Dogs?

Is it the news media, B.P. with a board made up of pro Abhisit and pro Elite Establishment people, its report on corruption under Yingluck is 100% anti Yingluck propaganda.

A few months ago Transparency International came out with its annual corruption perspective report". The bare numbers is that under Yingluck corruption was less, meaning it improved. However, that improved number ,still saw Thailand fell in overall ranking in the globe.

Case in point: B.P. reported on that Transparency International finding and basically B.,P..said Thai corruption was getting worse as the global ranking fell, B.P. did not say the raw data was improving, or did not say Yinglucks raw data, was better than Abhisit's data. Transparency International found "there was less corruption under Yingluck's government than under the Abhisit government"

That report by B.P. was clearly, "Propaganda" against Yingluck in journalism, "Propaganda" equates to "Corruption".What the article was trying to point out is not Yingluck's corruption,m but that corruption is a very "Sensitive and Subtle subject, that is about everything people are involved with.

The article shows that The Rich Elite Establishment perception concerning Thaksin is not true, and documents why they found that conclusion, I am recommending Those that have an interest about the Rich Elite assault on Yingluck government and the issue of corruption in Thailand, needs to read this article and then make your own conclusion!

The article is titled INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM INTO CONTROVERSIAL THAILAND

Cheers

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 2

Biggest problem with Phua Thai is they think the only part of democracy IS the vote!

It's a bigger part of democracy than a gun toting elitist controlled army and court system sticking its nose in every minute of every day.

Most parliaments in the world can function without one deadpan componant (Dems) running off to Court after the end of every session weeping and wailing for the Governments overthrow or for policy to be ruled illegal etc.

Some of you praying for this coup need to really waken up to how badly informed you are becoming by blindly following this gang of thugs.

So you believe democracy is JUST the vote as well... enlightening !

Do you believe that Thailand is need of political reform?

Has anyone noticed that the smaller their number of posts, the more pro a wannabee dicatator, getting into power thru lying to the poor, they are?

Embassies are saying do not come here. Internatonal and Global businesses are moving production to cheaper but more skillled countries.

Check the recent asset list and see that mps are getting very rich, but the farmers ain't getting paid.

Truly, Thailand seems to be dying because the poor believed a rich man who wants to ruin them, and turn them into slaves.

Check a previous policy on mega, rice farms, owned by arabs.

• Like 1

Reform yes, but inclusive total reform carried out with full participation and through democratic system

Reform of

Charter and Courts (the country is actually ruled by them and anything they don't like, brings fascist mobs out)

Police - of course

Low level corruption - it is endemic and everybody is involved in it in day to day lives. More education I suppose

Education - need to know more about their country that they are traditionally not taught. Esp history and their role in the world.

None of this needs an Elitist top down approach where the majority party in the Country for the past 20 years (PT) are totally excluded.

This is fascism and you need to read up on it. Suthep is following Musollini in quite small detail!!!! Really, you need to read up on it.

• Like 2

I am but one that just came out of lurking. Every thread here ends up in a flame, and I laugh at it with my friends.

but I back up what I said...

"you Red Farangs disgust me"

You Yellow Farangs really get on my t*ts..!!

So you must also get upset about truth, reason, international warnings, massive money and company movements out of Thailand, stock exchange warnings, etc ad infinitum, as they contradict your uninformed views

This is nothing to do with colors.

How big are the tits you have that reallity can get on?

If they are big enuf to suppot that; Will you marry me?

Reform yes, but inclusive total reform carried out with full participation and through democratic system

Reform of

Charter and Courts (the country is actually ruled by them and anything they don't like, brings fascist mobs out)

Police - of course

Low level corruption - it is endemic and everybody is involved in it in day to day lives. More education I suppose

Education - need to know more about their country that they are traditionally not taught. Esp history and their role in the world.

None of this needs an Elitist top down approach where the majority party in the Country for the past 20 years (PT) are totally excluded.

This is fascism and you need to read up on it. Suthep is following Musollini in quite small detail!!!! Really, you need to read up on it.

bla bla bla.

Where is the 3 Billion dollars?

"Musolini" bla bla bla...

Tell me about the extrajudicial killings to consolidate control.

Great news. I bet the others are less cocky now. I have a bottle of champagne waiting for the day I see Suthep in leg shackles.

Pretty much the whole of Thailand have a bottle of champagne ready for that. (except for a handful of grandmas at the protest sites and a few other neo-dictationship oddballs)

Hopefully they distribute a High Definition 1080p, 60 frames per second slow motion version of his imminent arrest, conviction and jailing, with a zoom in on his face. laugh.png

see they now admit they are all a bunch of Booze drinkers

Don't even try to argue with an idiot

He know what every one in Thailand is doing

I am waiting for one to admit to thinking that YK is sexy and we can call them a sexpat as well and we have English teaching, drunken, sexpats.... all rolled into one...rolleyes.gif

I used to teach English and I think Yingluck is sexy but I'm Thai so no deporting me nana nananaaa! :P

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Reform of

Police - of course

How do you propose that is done?

I can understand how a lot of people on TV do not like Suthep or the PDRC for their hard core tactics of blocking streets, invading government offices and the seemingly undemocratic vote block etc. but am I assuming correctly many of these Suthep critics also support PTP and Thaksin? Or do you support the red shirts?

The protest movements we are seeing are a result of people being fed up with corruption and tyranny from the current government.

It started with the student protests and Guy Fawkes masks and gained momentum with Suthep joining the fray.

But it is not about Suthep or any single person. It is about how a group of politicians who were elected in by the majority of the population in the North and Northeast and financially supported by Thaksin abused their powers as can be seen by the passing of the Amnesty Bill in Parliament and the rice-pledging scheme to name a few instances.

The government run by Yingluck and the PTP clearly showed their incompetence, poor governance and lack of ethics.

This government is supported by the red shirts. How does reflect on the red shirts if they insist on supporting PTP and Thaksin?

Is there not a clear line between right and wrong here?

I'd really like to hear a good argument from all of the supposed detractors of Suthep on how Thai's can get rid of a very corrupt government elected into office? In any other developed country I think they would have all resigned in shame but not Thailand.

Can the red shirts and majority in the North and Northeast not fathom the level of corruption? Right now the farmers are feeling it.

If we insist on using our voting rights who do we vote into office? PTP? Democrats? Who?

You are very wrong as your arguments parrot the Rich Elite Establishment perception of Thaksin, they call Thaksin "Evil" that is "Corrupt to the core" to the Elite, Thaksin is the most corrupt politician in Thai history.

What you parrot is the line they have been feeding the misguided, gullible yellows and Farang yellows.

"the question is who is the "Just and Fair" Watch Dogs?

Is it the news media, B.P. with a board made up of pro Abhisit and pro Elite Establishment people, its report on corruption under Yingluck is 100% anti Yingluck propaganda.

A few months ago Transparency International came out with its annual corruption perspective report". The bare numbers is that under Yingluck corruption was less, meaning it improved. However, that improved number ,still saw Thailand fell in overall ranking in the globe.

Case in point: B.P. reported on that Transparency International finding and basically B.,P..said Thai corruption was getting worse as the global ranking fell, B.P. did not say the raw data was improving, or did not say Yinglucks raw data, was better than Abhisit's data. Transparency International found "there was less corruption under Yingluck's government than under the Abhisit government"

That report by B.P. was clearly, "Propaganda" against Yingluck in journalism, "Propaganda" equates to "Corruption".What the article was trying to point out is not Yingluck's corruption,m but that corruption is a very "Sensitive and Subtle subject, that is about everything people are involved with.

The article shows that The Rich Elite Establishment perception concerning Thaksin is not true, and documents why they found that conclusion, I am recommending Those that have an interest about the Rich Elite assault on Yingluck government and the issue of corruption in Thailand, needs to read this article and then make your own conclusion!

The article is titled INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM INTO CONTROVERSIAL THAILAND

Cheers

Where is the 3 billion dollars? very simple question

Edited by LeamchabangLarry

Great news. I bet the others are less cocky now. I have a bottle of champagne waiting for the day I see Suthep in leg shackles.

Pretty much the whole of Thailand have a bottle of champagne ready for that. (except for a handful of grandmas at the protest sites and a few other neo-dictationship oddballs)

Hopefully they distribute a High Definition 1080p, 60 frames per second slow motion version of his imminent arrest, conviction and jailing, with a zoom in on his face. laugh.png

One can only hope once Dear YK and her merry bandits are shown the door, that the "fascist" Suthep rounds up all the "Red Farangs" and deports them, and petitions their home goverments to prevent further international travel on the basis of stupidity

From your 13,000 posts I have ascertained you know very little about what goes on here. The group you refer to as 'red farangs' are simply people who believe in equal opportunities, level playing fields and whatever else brings down an heirarchical society that Thailand is.

We have being debating with anti government supporters for the best part of 5 years and honestly winning most arguments. All this achieved with both arms tied behind our backs...unlike you.

I see. So you believe this is a people's war over the hierarchical society? You believe in leveling the playing field?

So if 16 million voters (your presumed majority in a democratic society) want to vote PTP and Thaksin into power to level the playing field, they need not listen to the other 12 million who voted for other parties? So its okay to be corrupt, embezzle money from the rice pledging scheme and use taxpayers money to give free handouts as long as the cause is won?

Your ideas sound very noble but are severely flawed. Democracy and the law of the land is only just and good if people have ethics.

Haven't you seen many instances of those in power who have used better lawyers to play the interpretation of the law to their benefit?

I'd really like to hear how you think you are winning the arguments. Has the level of corruption as overseen by the OECD been lower in Thailand since PTP and Thaksin have been in power? (I think not) What other indicators of human development support your argument that what the PTP led government has achieved has improved the lives of Thai people? According to the World Economic Forum we are sliding down the competitive index. Our level of education has been ranked poorly in SE Asia.

Castro, Che Guvara and many of the communist ideologists had noble causes in mind. Many ex-members of the Communists Party of Thailand are currently in the red shirt movement. But communism has shown many flaws. Too much power in the hands of the state and leaders and a repressed population. I cannot think of single communist country with a thriving population.

Personally I am all for decreasing the level of income disparity and equality for all and a non-hierarchical society.

I was raised in a middle class Thai family and have never been born with any form of entitlement.

But I am not convinced nor has their been any concrete proof that Thaksin and the Red shirts have the best intentions of the people in mind.

"was charged with sedition and escorted to the Border Patrol Police Region 1 in Pathum Thani province where he will be detained."

Nothing do do with Red or Yellow, Why the border police when this si not a border incident and why not in Bangkok ?

Just curious ? facepalm.gif

The border police are descendants of the PARU unit from the Indochina wars and are widely considered to be to be a breed apart from the rest of the RTP. They enjoy a particularly close relationship with the royal court, for better or worse, so as a result they are usually left well alone by the rest of the Ministry of Interior in the periodic scrum for funds and patronage. No member of the border police has ever been known to participate in politics either. That said, they still come under the official command of the RTP chief and Minister of Interior.

My theory is that the Ministry of Interior are using the border police as a buffer against the PDRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Trembly

I am no apologist for Communism, but being born into a 'middle class' family does come with underlying 'entitlements' that are often denied the 'working class'.

Easier access to a higher standard of education

Better health provision

Higher incomes and far better housing conditions

A greater respect in Thai society, whether earned or not

Opportunities to travel

Often the capacity to engage servants to carry out menial tasks around the home

Clearly these 'entitlements' are not your fault, they arrived as a consequence of the family you were born into, but, if I fall into your category of a 'red shirt farang' it is only because I would like to see some narrowing of the gap between the haves, the have little and the have nots in Thailand

Mr Chalerm, pride comes before a fall, however, that will possibly be missed on you as you have absolutely no idea of how fatuous you appear to those around you. As for the utilization of the law what in hell would you know about that.

In a very short time you will be out on your ass and the subject of lampoon to which you subscribe so generously.

From your 13,000 posts I have ascertained you know very little about what goes on here. The group you refer to as 'red farangs' are simply people who believe in equal opportunities, level playing fields and whatever else brings down an heirarchical society that Thailand is.

We have being debating with anti government supporters for the best part of 5 years and honestly winning most arguments. All this achieved with both arms tied behind our backs...unlike you.

oh dear got nothing to say...so attack the number posts someone makes, and makes a silly little statements about not knowing what goes one here, I know quite a bit more than you realise dear boy...wink.png

Yes yes I get it your Thaier than Thai, a farang riding in on white horse saving the down trodden in the wilds of Isaan...

If you really believe the current goverment stands for equal opportunities, level playing fields etc...you delusional, BTW the average "red farang" couldnt debate their way out a paper bag, one suspects you included....wink.png

OOOOOOh bitchy. You did not argue that we pro democracy supporters win most of the debates here and you did not ask for any explanantion of hands tied behind our back. Which leads me to believe you know what the comment reffered to and if you argue that (not really) you would lose that debate as well.

BANG paper debating bag bursts

Yikes, you are extremely delusional.

The group you refer to as 'red farangs' are simply people who believe in equal opportunities, level playing fields and whatever else brings down an heirarchical society

The underlined part is absolutely incompatible with supporting Thaksin and his clan, Yingluck being selected to be the PTP PM candidate by itself proves it beyond a shade of a doubt. Hierarchical society, as in Thaksin dictating down what to do (Thaksin Thinks, PTP Does), level playing field and equal oppotunities nowhere to be seen when the only ones being promoted are cronies and family members, capability and a good track record need not be considered.

Even the Red Shirts, when it came time to have new leaders Thida was appointed there was no voting, because an election would had been complicated and confusing, according to her.

I know you feel good portrying yourself as a champion for a noble cause, but you are lost in a bubble of self righteousness. Wake up, reality is messy but most people can cope with it.

Edited by AleG

I am no apologist for Communism, but being born into a 'middle class' family does come with underlying 'entitlements' that are often denied the 'working class'.

Easier access to a higher standard of education

Better health provision

Higher incomes and far better housing conditions

A greater respect in Thai society, whether earned or not

Opportunities to travel

Often the capacity to engage servants to carry out menial tasks around the home

Clearly these 'entitlements' are not your fault, they arrived as a consequence of the family you were born into, but, if I fall into your category of a 'red shirt farang' it is only because I would like to see some narrowing of the gap between the haves, the have little and the have nots in Thailand

We should not be pigeon-holed into anything based on what class of family we are born.

There are royalty who would like to see the poorer folk do better.

There are poor people who would only like to see themselves do well and don't give a hoot about others.

Professor Esther Duflo of MIT said it well in her book "poor economics"

The reason poor people remain poor is because of the mentality of hopelessness.

It isn't their fault but their surroundings have molded them into this state.

The ones who make it out of poverty do so because they are were mentally stronger and able to lift themselves out of this mentality and try to better themselves.

Like the saying, don't give them fish, teach them how to fish.

Same saying, don't give them handouts or a million baht per tambon. Don't give them rice subsidies.

Give them access to healthcare so that with physical strength they have the opportunity to build mental strength.

Teach them to farm more efficiently. Provide them the opportunity to learn how to apply local knowledge to increase yields. Don't give them technology they don't understand. Don't assume on their behalf that we know what they need.

Its the mentality that opportunities exist and that with and only with your two hands can you lift yourself from poverty.

Bridging the gap between the have's and have nots should not come at the expense of the rights of the haves.

If we took away all of what the have's (which is probably everyone here at TV because you all have computers, internet access and a place to sleep tonight) and re-distributed it according to communistic principles would you all be fine with that?

I think a better idea is to stop corruption and all that money distributed to politicians and re-distribute it via better healthcare, low-cost housing, safe roads and free access to education.

Edited by smileydude

Now we shall come to dread the knock on the door in the night

This action may well be the opening of the can of worms that will lead to blood on the streets.

Democracy is being sacrificed on the Shinwatra high altar

This action ???? Suthep opened the can with worms 3 months ago.and he "sacrificed" democracy the day he started !!!!

Did you have a winter-sleep ?

Once again the great reformer Suthep is given millions of baht to help the farmers forgotten by the government in their haste to call an election.

And the PM didn't have the guts to meet the farmers face to face today.

Great leadership.

Yingluck and by association, Thaksin's, image sinks into the ebbing waters of the Mekhong river, down, down.

Issan people who haven't been paid for their rice- and there are a lot of them, are becoming disillusioned with Pheua Thai.

And Suthep will maintain law and order with his whistling bandits. Hilarious. He is as innocent as a newborn baby. A multimillionaire is leading the uprising and bring peace for poor. Good luck

You must lead a sad life if you would open a bottle of Champagne over something that is nothing to do with you

If Rich Teacher lives in Thailand, it does have something to do with him. This is his country of choice, and its future is something he should be allowed to comment on in this forum.

There are quite a few people on this board (myself included biggrin.png ) who are not sure whether Rich Teacher even lives on this planet, never mind Thailand.

maybe Rich Teacher loves Thailand and wants the Thais to be rid of this menacing fascist Suthep? ever thought of that? i think the VAST majority of Thais will be celebrating with Suthep gone whilst the TVF forum, largely, will be crying for the loss of their elite defender 'Dear Leader' giggle.gif

Oh Lord, another one who can't keep up.

Most of the Thaksin haters on this board do not support Suthep or the Yellow shirts.

Suthep is seen by most as a means to an end, once the Shin dynasty is stopped from raping Thailand, Suthep will be dropped like a bad penny.

It is known that Suthep would be dangerous if he gained control but even that would be a better preferable to The Puppetmaster.

What you do not realise (or choose to ignore) WE have hated Thaksin for far longer than the formation of the Yellow Shirts.

The Thaksin problem has been with us for 13 years now and the people are fed up with it.

Absolutely but at the same time many of us don't see a bunch of fascist protesters or movement as being the answer and just as dangerous if not more so than the Shins by the manner they wish to change things.

So lets have these people arrested and let one side clean up in some small way the other whilst its possible. The Shins are done in the longterm ive no doubt so they may as well be useful in cleaning up the rats they have brought out of the woodwork who wish no better on the country now.

Every time either a PDRC yellow or red gets arrested and taken out of the game that is one less problem for the good people of Thailand to deal with.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

Good, now let's see the rest of these self-serving, bank balance filling scumbags nabbed

And who then do you envision will be remaining to govern, enforce laws and regulations, manage good order, run boiler rooms, manage pubs and bars, etc., etc., etc.?

Reform of

Police - of course

How do you propose that is done?

May I suggest the obvious? By voting in elections.