Bangkok populace, protesters donate almost Bt20 million for farmers

webfact

Strange how suddenly Mr Suthep is so worried about the farmers when just a few weeks ago, he and his associates 'on the stage' were screaming that there had to be electoral reform "because the stupid, uneducated rice farmers" continued to vote for Thaksin parties at the expense of the 'Bangkok, educated, middle-classes'.

So now the farmers are finally waking up, getting educated so to speak. Accordingly, Suthep was correct -- the farmers were uneducated, or simply ignorant, about the workings of populist politics.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the PDRC is doing is not only magnificent regarding helping the farmers with millions of baht raised, but it is an enormous embarrassment and " loss of face " for the Yingluck administration. Now Chalerm and his band of merry men ( and one woman ) have a new problem on their hands - to distinguish between prosecuting those Bangkok citizens who are contributing to the PDRC, and those Bangkokians who are freely giving their money to the farmers. Let's just back up one minute on that last bit of imagery - the " elite " - Thida's elite - are contributing millions of baht on the streets of Bangkok for the farmers. That image alone sets the UDD clock back to Mao se Tung. It's delicious.

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 1

I wonder if any of the money is going to be pocketed before it gets to the farmers. Someone need to follow the money trail.

Who are referring to ?.....the PTP ?....we already know the answer to this one.....but yes lets follow the money trail right back to Dubai one suspects

Looks like the Cabinet has approved the funds to be released and some banks have come into grant loans.

Who is going to step up now and prevent the payements.. EC? PDRC going to visit all the banks etc.

Easy enough small budget problem that would never have led to all this carry on in a normal country.

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

Looks like the Cabinet has approved the funds to be released and some banks have come into grant loans.

Who is going to step up now and prevent the payements.. EC? PDRC going to visit all the banks etc.

Easy enough small budget problem that would never have led to all this carry on in a normal country.

Really! Where did you get the information?

Also still waiting for the links to the near death beaten police!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It will be a long wait....

The guy is talking from his bottom, hot air, hot air....

Sad you so short of newsfeeds in your area.

Can't post links to them so you'll have to live in ignorance and accept what we say. BP running it now, MCOT, Khao Sod to name but 3.

Scheduled Cabinet meeting so you would think more media would be interested in running it... unless it does not fit with their aspirations!

The soldiers last night, there were pics all over the internet. inc' some on here, so 0 out of 10 for thinking or researching before you post.

Happy hunting for the truth should you ever tire of Bluesky propaganda.

Can't post links to them so you'll have to live in ignorance and accept what we say. BP running it now, MCOT, Khao Sod to name but 3.

Scheduled Cabinet meeting so you would think more media would be interested in running it... unless it does not fit with their aspirations!

The soldiers last night, there were pics all over the internet. inc' some on here, so 0 out of 10 for thinking or researching before you post.

Ahhh you mean Kittiratt's utterance. Did you note that NOTHING has been signed yet as they are waiting for " once the banks propose suitable lending rates"

Ummm little white lies again perchance!

• Like 1

What soldiers???

the sign of decent people is helping others when they are down, doesnt matter if you think they did the wrong thing voting for these idiots but they need help and those able to are doing just that. Its not the amount but the actual fact that they are trying to help them, those in here trying to make it out as bullsh*t are typical lowlifes not capable of generousity themselves or even able to understand it, like ptp/reds they only think "whats in it for me" which is the red catch cry. This just shows that when needed the people of Thailand can work together apart from the ptp/red/thaksin lovers as they are only interested in themselves, not the country as a whole yert they try to claim they are, they are simply beneath contempt.

I have NO problem with people helping the farmers, as they are in desperate need of it, and they deserve help. My problem is not the help, however much it may be, by Suthep, but his MOTIVES for it. For him it's not seriously about helping the farmers, who he considers 2nd class citizens, but only a publicity stunt to garner attention and support for HIM,. This has zero to do with any real caring motives for the farmer.

And that is one of the things he is protesting about. He is condemning the government over buying support and doing exactly the same thing. The man is an idiot of the highest order. All these people in power are tarred with exactly the same brush.

What soldiers???

the 4 with outstanding arrest warrants that the Police asked the army to hand over.

And the original report on the police at Cheang Wattana was that the PDRC thought at least one was a soldier.

Enjoy your news blackout. I'm timing the delay between the real media reporting these issues and them showing up on here with the Yellow Spin.

So much to learn, so little time eh. Maybe best stick to bluesky, they'll only tell you or show you what you like... Bless

Thats nice of them.

If they spread it around the population of Isaan and the North thats about 50 satang per person.

Undying gratitude long way off. Maybe some land donations would be in order, but looks like somebody else gets the land.

That's 50 satang more than PTP gave.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mole, on 11 Feb 2014 - 10:00, said:

So, how many BILLIONS did the gov owe the farmers??

20 million may hardly covers their daily expenses of being there such as transport and food.

He's essentially paying them to continue the protests.

"How many thousands did they owe you? Oh, here's 20 bt, hope it helps..."

Two farmers have already committed suicide out of desperation.

No, 20 million is a drop in the ocean, but it can save some lives and give some urgent assistance to some of the farmers.

That is the contrast with the other side that they can offer nothing else than empty words of sorrow and crocodile tears.

Should be around 6 farmers had committed suicide up to-date. The last one is from Sukothai.

the sign of decent people is helping others when they are down, doesnt matter if you think they did the wrong thing voting for these idiots but they need help and those able to are doing just that. Its not the amount but the actual fact that they are trying to help them, those in here trying to make it out as bullsh*t are typical lowlifes not capable of generousity themselves or even able to understand it, like ptp/reds they only think "whats in it for me" which is the red catch cry. This just shows that when needed the people of Thailand can work together apart from the ptp/red/thaksin lovers as they are only interested in themselves, not the country as a whole yert they try to claim they are, they are simply beneath contempt.

Let the red Thaksin protectors moan.

It means they are upset, and that means they realise that Suthep is getting an advantage they don't like in this game of chess.

When they come up with comments like 'floundering campaign' it really means they see his campaign as actually gathering momentum and they don't like it.

With these sort of people, you just need to apply a little reverse psychology to understand their motivation to post as they do, much in the same way you expect a jealous person to criticize others who are doing well.

Some of you really need to learn to read things more carefully. Dear Leader Suthep is NOT raising money to give to the farmers. He IS collecting money to pay for lawyers to represent the farmers. Farmers aren't getting a stang of what he's collecting.

Suthep's own words on the stage on Friday night were that 50% was going to provide assistance for the farmer's protests for transport, food, blankets etc. The other 50% was to pay legal fees to help them pursue legal challenges against the government.

20 million may hardly covers their daily expenses of being there such as transport and food.

You can not win with PTP puppets

try and do some good to help

and they come out of the woodwork with accusations

The only good thing we can see who these TV members are

Some of you really need to learn to read things more carefully. Dear Leader Suthep is NOT raising money to give to the farmers. He IS collecting money to pay for lawyers to represent the farmers. Farmers aren't getting a stang of what he's collecting.

Suthep's own words on the stage on Friday night were that 50% was going to provide assistance for the farmer's protests for transport, food, blankets etc. The other 50% was to pay legal fees to help them pursue legal challenges against the government.

Buying support which he is protesting against. He has to be the biggest lunatic and hypocrite on the planet.

He is protesting against buying support, so he is the biggest lunatic and hypocrite on the planet. Trust me I am against corruption and buying people. I am honest and can be trusted. I want reform and want to eliminate buying supporters.

Edited by chooka

600k USD?

That's it?

More like 6000 US Dollars.

At the start of the protests, Suthep was a 10:1 exaggerator, he claimed 3 million people for a protest less than 300k.

As he's gotten more desperate, his exaggerations are getting bigger, I view him as a 100:1 exaggerator in his current state.

So he says 20 million, I believe you're looking at 200k (i.e. 20 million / 100) = $6k USD.

i.e. about 2000 people donating 100 baht each, given his marches are attracting 100's not 1000s that sounds more plausible.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Strange how suddenly Mr Suthep is so worried about the farmers when just a few weeks ago, he and his associates 'on the stage' were screaming that there had to be electoral reform "because the stupid, uneducated rice farmers" continued to vote for Thaksin parties at the expense of the 'Bangkok, educated, middle-classes'.

Are you sure he said that? Link pls.

"......he and his associates 'on the stage'" Blue Sky TV every evening, if you can understand Thai you will know what they say, If you don't understand Thai then you will not know.

I understand Thai very well and I have never heard anything like this out of their mouths. You are making this up my dear!

Besides they are politicians and politicians would never say something like that. Think maybe but say....

20 million may hardly cover the daily expenses of the farmers?

How do you compute that Mole?

How many are the farmers?

How much had you budgeted for one so that 20 million daily may hardly cover their expenses?

600k USD?

That's it?

More like 6000 US Dollars.

At the start of the protests, Suthep was a 10:1 exaggerator, he claimed 3 million people for a protest less than 300k.

As he's gotten more desperate, his exaggerations are getting bigger, I view him as a 100:1 exaggerator in his current state.

So he says 20 million, I believe you're looking at 200k (i.e. 20 million / 100) = $6k USD.

i.e. about 2000 people donating 100 baht each, given his marches are attracting 100's not 1000s that sounds more plausible.

But you don't know do you, Because like me your NOT in Bangkok. Unlike you i am at least in Thailand. There are many pictures and twitter threads showing people giving thousands if not ten's of thousands in one go. I know that at my wife's work they take it in turns to go down, one or two but with twenty peoples donations!

• Like 1