A quick question about "renewing" my Thai retirement visa.

You only have tomorrow to do your extension. Friday is a holiday.

They might not charge overstay if you do it on Monday since it expired on a holiday weekend. But you will need to be sure you have all the required documents needed.

What are these documents? I have recent letter of proof of income over 65,000 baht a month notarized by US consulate. I have current lease. Passport of course. Pictures can be gotten there. Is there anything else? thx ubonjoe. Tomorrow is the goal for sure.

Sorry cant copy and post so it's in long hand.

Non-Immigrant visa type 0.

Over fifty.

not permitted to enter Thailand.

Evidence of income 65,000bt a month or 800,00k in Thai bank.

Form TM.7 can get that there.

Copy of passport (Data page, Visa page, arrival stamp page TM.6)

1 2" passport photo for visa and another if you want an exit visa.

1.900bt CASH 1,000 for exit visa single, Multi 3,800bt.

If monies in Thai bank a letter not more than 7 day's old from same, and your pass book made up on the DAY you request your visa.

For income from abroad letter from your consulate or embassy confirming all monies not more that 30 day's old.

Address confirmation.

N/B all copy's must be on a separate page.

Hope this help's.

Info as of today as just done mine.

Regarding above 'income from abroad letter from your consulate or embassy confirming all monies not more than 3O days old",

was there not a recent change stating the leter could be up to 6 months old? This queston had come aboiut before with regard to the USA Embassy outreach program,. in that their staff would visit certain provinces once (or twice?) a year to issue such letters, thus saving their citizens a trip to Bangkok or Chiang Mai, with the implication that a 6 month ruling would apply to all nationalities.

Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

No!

That said, it's not clear what you actually have in your passport.

The grace period is for only reporting your ADDRESS for the 90 day reports.

I see the 15th is a Saturday.

You might be able to deal with this on the next Monday, not sure, most wouldn't want to be on thin ice like that.

YIPE..!!

Two years ago I had the same problem - Saturday report day and Immigration was closed. I reported on Monday and was charged for a 2 day overstay.

Because the 14th is a holiday, his reporting day is today, unless, by accident, his immigration office is open on the 15th

They might not charge overstay if you do it on Monday since it expired on a holiday weekend. But you will need to be sure you have all the required documents needed.

What are these documents? I have recent letter of proof of income over 65,000 baht a month notarized by US consulate. I have current lease. Passport of course. Pictures can be gotten there. Is there anything else? thx ubonjoe. Tomorrow is the goal for sure.

Over fifty.

If monies in Thai bank a letter not more than 7 day's old from same, and your pass book made up on the DAY you request your visa.

For income from abroad letter from your consulate or embassy confirming all monies not more that 30 day's old.

Address confirmation.

Hope this help's.

Regarding above 'income from abroad letter from your consulate or embassy confirming all monies not more than 3O days old",

was there not a recent change stating the leter could be up to 6 months old? This queston had come aboiut before with regard to the USA Embassy outreach program,. in that their staff would visit certain provinces once (or twice?) a year to issue such letters, thus saving their citizens a trip to Bangkok or Chiang Mai, with the implication that a 6 month ruling would apply to all nationalities.

Can anyone confirm this?

Ii is 6 months. It was changed almost a year ago.

There was a curly hair Thai lady there at Immigration that was really "no nonsense." She read me the riot act for no reason.

Not really surprising (to me at any rate) that you were read the Riot Act, bearing in mind that you left your extension of stay application until the 59th second of the 59th minute of the 11th hour! As I intimated in post #13, you could (& IMHO should) have got it sorted a lot sooner.

Edited by OJAS

No!

That said, it's not clear what you actually have in your passport.

The grace period is for only reporting your ADDRESS for the 90 day reports.

I see the 15th is a Saturday.

You might be able to deal with this on the next Monday, not sure, most wouldn't want to be on thin ice like that.

YIPE..!!

Two years ago I had the same problem - Saturday report day and Immigration was closed. I reported on Monday and was charged for a 2 day overstay.

Because the 14th is a holiday, his reporting day is today, unless, by accident, his immigration office is open on the 15th

You were conned mate, My neighbour works at immigration and tells me that they cannot charge for an overstay at the weekend, because they are closed

There was a curly hair Thai lady there at Immigration that was really "no nonsense." She read me the riot act for no reason.

Not really surprising (to me at any rate) that you were read the Riot Act, bearing in mind that you left your extension of stay application until the 59th second of the 59th minute of the 11th hour! As I intimated in post #13, you could (& IMHO should) have got it sorted a lot sooner.

Ha! Ha! Ha! All is well that ends well, mate. Chill. What did the doctor say about all that needless stress of yours? Do you believe in signs? Probably not. But I had some really good conversations with a few nice people while I was there. One said that it was "serendipity" that we had met. It could turn out to be a really good connection. We will see. That would not had happened if I had had "all my ducks in the row" and everything "squared away" weeks ahead of time. You seem to be stressing about my problem more than I am. That's not good for your health.

Now about the Curly Haired Dragon Lady. Her reading me the Riot Act had nothing to do with my last tick 'til midnight waiting and escape. I got the impression she gives people a hard time all the time.

I like her. She has a certain charm.

And yes I am known to have amazing luck. I never gamble though. Just being at the right place at the right time mostly. Drives some people CRAZY because their altar god of common sense is a little rattled by my antics. (I am messing with you a bit. But I am being totally honest.) Thx for your input. If this will make you happy I plan on not shaving it so close next year. Ok?

But you know what they say about the plans of mice and of men.

Edited by DeeMockMark

Mischief managed. Qued up at 7:30 was finished by 10:30. Was 12th in line line over all. And 7th in line for Visas grouped with my type. Needed only to bring money, passport, and (in my case) proof of +65,000 BHT monthy income letter from my consulate. Everything else can be gotten there. Thx for the great info!

I am sorry. I qued up at 6:30. (I want to be accurate just in case someone wants to follow my bad example.)

Oh... And by the way. Wear mosquitoes repellant. Near the door where the chairs are. They were awful.

Edited by DeeMockMark

Again, too many people offering wrong infornation. It is easier than people are writing. Americans can go to the consulate and get one document to verify income and residence - this is all you need with passport, pictures and copies of everthing. If you are lucky you can reserve appointment no earlier than 100 days before desired visit date.

• 2 weeks later...

according to guidance notes from Immigration, a doctor's health certificate is also required.

A medical certificate is not required according to police order 777/2551.

I don know where you got the guidance notes but they are wrong.

the notes were from the Immigration office in Nathon.

Over fifty.

Address confirmation.

Hope this help's.

Can anyone confirm this?

Depends on the office and the officer. I used a proof of income letter for converting from 30-day permit-to-stay to a 90-day non-O. About 8 weeks later I went to get the the extension for the non-O, but I was told the letter was now too old and I needed a new one.

• 4 months later...

according to guidance notes from Immigration, a doctor's health certificate is also required.

A medical certificate is not required according to police order 777/2551.

I don know where you got the guidance notes but they are wrong.

When I tried to get my O visa in Cardiff before returning to LOS I was asked for a police report showing no criminal record and a medical certificate showing good health. I didn't have time so I came out on a tourist visa, documents followed in the post, changed it @ CW for an O non immigration visa and then applied for an extension based on retirement, got it all done with no hastle no medical requirement, no police record requirement (been a good boy honest guv) just produce pension payment docs Yellow Tabien Baan Passport & visa copies etc (marriage certificate my Thai wifes I/D And T/Baan along with photos also produced as we originally went for ext based on marriage but the Immigration officer told us I could get a retirement Ext immediately but would have to come back with the wife in a month for interview for marriage extension with no guarantee that I would get it) please no pedantic comments about the nonclemature, we all know what is meant and it is really immature to keep pointing out mistake in the name of things just to prove a point.

when I used a proof of income letter I gave them a photo copy not the original, and used the original for the 90 day ext with no problem, but still kept the original and gave them a copy, i was told by the Immigration Officer that the letter was valid for 6 months not 30 days and this was at CW

Over fifty.

Address confirmation.

Hope this help's.

Can anyone confirm this?

Depends on the office and the officer. I used a proof of income letter for converting from 30-day permit-to-stay to a 90-day non-O. About 8 weeks later I went to get the the extension for the non-O, but I was told the letter was now too old and I needed a new one.

I made this one up over the years and it works for me at Nakhon Sawan. It may be a little over the top but better than not enough.

Tick box for retirement extension 2014 v01.xls