New Facelift for Mitsubishi Pajero

DJH77

I went yesterday to check out what was new with the facelifted Pajero and in the showroom they only had a GLS Model. The only good thing i saw was that it now has 4 Wheel Disc Brakes although the rear calipers are very small. The New open look Front Grill is Rediculous with the Intercooler even More Exposed to being destroyed by stones etc. It needs a perforated metal protection piece installed in front of it or the Fins will be flattened in no time. The Interior has been done out in a Grey Colour below the Black Dash, Door Trims and throughout the rear compartment with some Carbon Fiber look trim pieces. I don't like it at all, To Drab Looking in my opinion. The older model Cream interior in much brighter and stylish to me, i honestly don't know how Mitsubishi could go with such a dull looking colour on the interior along with the Black Seat Coverings. Maybe they think it won't show the scuff or dirt marks as much. It has a new screen and stereo unit which protrudes somewhat out of the dash, not neatly recessed as before. I never checked the sound of functions out but i would say it is a welcome improvement along with the roof mounted screen for the rear passengers. The door mounted rear view mirrors are now colour coded to match the paintwork with indicators but i would still prefer them to leave the front fender side indicators also for the motor cycle idiots to see when they sneak up the inside, not that they take much notice. So to get me to change up to the new model they would have to give an option on the Interior colour and Increase the cubic capicity, that 2.5 lt is noisy compared to the old 3.2 lt Donk. i didn't test drive it as their test car was still the old model with drum brakes so i wait until they get a new model test car and then give it a workout.

Yep, I think it is typical of the annual (mostly cosmetic) updates which I guess will remain the case until the new model is released.

On top of what you mention above I think this years update also gets some form of stability/traction control, and I think some upgrades to the 4WD system including hill decent control.

You won't notice any difference between the drum brakes and the new discs.. the drums were in no way deficient - discs are just for marketing points. You might notice the handbrake doesn't work so well if parked on a hill though :P

You will notice that the 2.5 VG turbo has more go than the old 3.2 though, and that the engine noise reduces a lot once the engine is warm.

The roof mounted screen and rear AC vents have been around since the Jan 2012 minor change, and the black/gray interior (which makes it feel like a Triton) has been around since the Jan 2013 minor change, but back then only on the V6 model.

You won't notice any difference between the drum brakes and the new discs.. the drums were in no way deficient - discs are just for marketing points. You might notice the handbrake doesn't work so well if parked on a hill though tongue.png

You will notice that the 2.5 VG turbo has more go than the old 3.2 though, and that the engine noise reduces a lot once the engine is warm.

The roof mounted screen and rear AC vents have been around since the Jan 2012 minor change, and the black/gray interior (which makes it feel like a Triton) has been around since the Jan 2013 minor change, but back then only on the V6 model.

I agree with you about the rear discs. I just replaced my front Pads after 135,000 k's and had the discs skimmed while on the car and the brakes are better than ever. As for the power output, i like the torque of the 3.2 Lt engine and with the Speedkit remote control turned on and driving in manual mode you can virtually leave it in top gear as the Torque is enormous and in Auto mode it doesn't drop down a gear unless you floor it, i think this is due to the extra torque it has with speedkit turned on. But the trail of black smoke from my twin exhausts is a bit imbarrising at times, but it sure does get up and go.