Safest, most trackable way to make sure a package gets to Ao Nang from the U.S.

buddhaland

Hi folks -

An ATM here in Ao Nang ate the debit card that Social Security deposits my monthly retirement payment. I reported this to Social Security and they voided that card and mailed me a new one exactly a month ago. They sent it regular mail, the only way they WILL send cards to foreign countries. I finally got smart, had them void THAT card as well - and had them fedex a card to my attorney in Seattle. Now I would like suggestions - I want my lawyer to send this latest card to me so that it will arrive on or before the 22nd, as that is when my rent is due - and I want the shipment to be trackable. Anyone had experience with, say, Fedex or DHL shipments from the States? Were they trackable? How long did they take to arrive? Thanks for any advice you can provide!

I am not from the States so I can't comment on how long it takes, but I know that Fedex refuses to send ATM/Credit cards that already have been activated from Europe to Thailand, so before you send the card ask them if they will send it.

For me it's a pain as it means that I have to go back to Europe at least once every couple of years just to get new cards.

Edited by MJCM

I think the only choice you have is international express mail. You can track it on the USPS website or Thai post tracking.

I just checked FedEx and DHL and they do not show any service to Krabi.

It is the same for most locations here.

I've had problems with package deliveries from both FEDEX and DHL and hence refuse to use them for anything coming this way. I would suggest you have your attorney send the card by US Priority Mail Express International. It's traceable and should arrive in less than a week. I recently did the reverse sending a letter to the US by Thai Express Mail and was able to trace it all the way to delievry. It took less than a week to arrive.