Honda Jazz SV AT 2013 fuel consumption. Help please

POMPOUI

Hi all

I bought a new Honda Jazz SV AT on November 2013.

First automatic car of my life.

Since the first day of drive I have driven only in the city with Aircon always on.

I have not been able yet to make more than 220 km with full tank of 95.

Counter is now at 3463 km and it's starts to be expensive for a small car. 100km/15L

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any help/comment/advise/

From your figures i calculate the following:

15L = 100KLM which is 6.66klm per litre

220KLM on a full tank, which on your car is 42litres = 5.23klm per litre

I own a 2013 Honda City SV that has the same engine as your Jazz, and

when driven in City traffic stop/start conditions i get 6-7klm per litre

So i would say that your vehicle fuel consumption is normal.

I have also driven my Honda City on long distance motorway driving and have

averaged 16klm per litre.

So depending on the driving conditions will depend on how much your vehicle

consumes it's fuel.

There's no way 6-7km/l is normal, unless you live in the middle of BKK and stuck in traffic all day. In mixed driving 12-13 km/l should be easily achievable. The same tank size in my swift gives over 600 km range. So I don't think 220km on a full tank for a city is normal. Get a garage to look at it - maybe the air filter is blocked badly, dirty plugs etc.

Both my car and the OP's car are only 3-4 months old from new with only just

over 3000klm on the clock, it's not likely that the air filter or plugs are clogged or dirty.

And i repeat that 6-7klm per litre when driven in city traffic conditions is normal

just like when driven on motorways 16klm per litre is normal.

WOW. That is low for Jazz. I thought they did about 18-22 km per ltr.

Even the Brio, much smaller eco engine is 18-20 km per ltr.

I bought a top model Jazz one of the 1st when they arrived here back in early 2004, the fuel consumption was on the high side...

even so 6 - 7 KM per lt in traffic in a new model Jazz, now all have the V-Tec engine... I get the same with my old Audi A6 [8.5 - 10 out of traffic + much bigger car and engine]

Op. How much fuel do you put in when you refill?

As someone else said you have a 42 litre tank. So you should be putting at least 38-40 liters in from empty on gauge.

I have a Mitsubishi Mirage. Smaller engine but I get minimum 440 km per tank.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I bought a Jazz 2013 AT last May. I didn't calculated its fuel/Km ratio and I prefer not to know to not get upset, because I think that it is not economic at all for a small car....and also is overpriced. My fault...I just was following my wife preference about cuteness....

Jazz.....so cute...so expensive...

Edited by thailampang2012

over 3000klm on the clock, it's not likely that the air filter or plugs are clogged or dirty.

And i repeat that 6-7klm per litre when driven in city traffic conditions is normal

I don´t have a Jazz, but I guess it will be the same for all cars except hybrids. Aircon, auto gearbox and this awful stop and go traffic are devastating for the mpg. It´s almost unreal.

I´m driving in BKK too, 90% city through rush hour times (lol @rush). When I´m off to Hua Hin I can do 750km+ with one tank til fuel warning, when I do my usual routine in the BKK traffic I will exactly reach 340km until the fuel warning comes on. I couldn´t believe these figures too, but it´s the sad truth. So if you can drive your Jazz with about 7-8l in normal traffic, then 13,14,15 might be possible in extreme dense traffic sad.png

Maybe fuel consumption will go down a little bit as your car is still new, but I dunno if that is just a fairy tale or not. Never recognized a real difference, except once with a diesel car.

6-7km/l would be only heavy traffic conditions. It would be useful to know your average speed - distance/time. It seems yours would be less than 20 km/h....crawling in stop and go traffic all the time. That's the only way to get those figures. The lowest I got in my swift was about 13km/l, but that spending quite a bit of time in heavy traffic.

Well, just me, but I would take it back and have it checked!

Use those bastards all you want while under warranty.

I have been to Honda.

For them 220 km in city drive with Aircon is normal. Witch make this car far most expensive than a pick up.

• 1 year later...

Later arrival to this topic.

My 2008 Jazz which I've owned from new and now has 44.000 kilometers on the clock returns 10 kilometers a liter around town with normal defensive driving. On a longer journey of around 250 kilometers round trip outside of the busy traffic the car returns 17 kilometers a liter when driving pretty close to the speed limits.

The car has 44000 kilometers on the clock and has been regularly serviced including changing the spark plugs last year.

With the dated technology I would not buy another Honda, there is nothing "ALL NEW" about any of their models sold here in Thailand.........Europe is another story.

I'm quite surprised at the numbers for the Jazz. When I worked in BKK, I was constantly in traffic with my PJS. I got around 500km out of 1 tank (70L).

Now that I live in Kalasin (no more traffic jams) I'm getting around 750 to 800km out of 1 tank.

All cars w/out idle stop get exactly 0 KM/L when stopped in traffic. So it all depends on how much time you spend stopped, rather than moving.

Spot on. Fuel consumption comparisons are only meaningful when the drive cycle is the same. I.E. Same driving style and conditions or using the same test standard.

Autos and AC do use more fuel but nowhere near as much as a few years ago. Few would drive with out them in BKK anyway.

Edited by Jitar