Phan Fa clashes: Thai Army denies firing at police

webfact

Phan Fa Clashes: Army Denies Firing At Police
By Khaosod English

13927948181392794959l.jpg
A wounded police officer during clashes at Phan Fa Bridge, 18 February 2014

BANGKOK: -- The Royal Thai Army has denied allegation that some soldiers have aided anti-government protesters during their clashes with riot police in Bangkok yesterday.

At least four civilians and one policeman were killed in the violence near Phan Fa Bridge on Wednesday, which saw police officers exchanging gunfire with armed militants allied to anti-government protesters.

Some pro-government supporters accused the army of supplying weapons or gunmen to the protesters, but Maj.Gen. Warah Bunyasidh said the allegation is complete baseless.

"I′d like to condemn these rumours on the social media," Maj.Gen. Warah said, calling the allegation an attempt to "sow conflict among civil servants".

The major general made the comment as he inspected a detachment of troops stationed near Phan Fa Bridge by the Royal Thai Army to maintain public safety.

According to Maj.Gen. Warah, the army high command including Gen. Prayuth Chan-Ocha have instructed all soldiers to assist members of the public regardless of their political side.

"The soldiers have performed their duty in the best way," Maj.Gen. Warah insisted, stressing that the army has never given orders to soldiers to fire at the police.

As a measure to reinforce public safety in the area, Maj.Gen. Warah said he has ordered additional checkpoints and patrols to be established around protest campsite. He maintained that the soldiers would be able to respond rapidly to any incident and transport any wounded individuals to hospital in a timely manner.

The soldiers will not be armed, Maj.Gen. Warah added.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qYzVORGd4T0E9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-19

The soldiers and military medic should subject themselves to weapons check by the police at rally and protest sites. If they are not happy with the arrangement, they can walk off if they want.

Soldiers were allegedly involved in some incidents. Statements and activities from the army had interfered in the works of the police and impeded investigation.

What happened to the three navy caught with weapons? Their reasons do not hold water because their operations were not in coordination with relevant authorities.

• Like 1

Men in black did this sh!t...

I know, I know Chalerm's not the most credible source. But for 3 different sources to point at shadowy elements being at Phan Fa in one day, ONE of whom was a PDRC @ssclown being rescued by them, you've only got to connect the dots.

I don't know why the article is cut short; I was reading the hardcopy BKK Post at the bank and the Somkiat article mentioned the unknown men as wearing black but not covering their faces. The link to the interweb page does not include that info.

Probably the same guys who took Seh Daeng out.

Edited by soundman
No links to BP.

I know, I know Chalerm's not the most credible source. But for 3 different sources to point at shadowy elements being at Phan Fa in one day, ONE of whom was a PDRC @ssclown being rescued by them, you've only got to connect the dots.

I don't know why the article is cut short; I was reading the hardcopy BKK Post at the bank and the Somkiat article mentioned the unknown men as wearing black but not covering their faces. The link to the interweb page does not include that info.

If you remember, Seh Daeng was taken out by a magic bullet, which was later found next to him on his gurney in the hospital. Whoever shot Seh Daeng, would be the party not implicated by the bullet found on the gurney.

Of course, one never knows, all you can do is apply double reverse Thai logic, and then guess the opposite.

• Like 1

The soldiers and military medic should subject themselves to weapons check by the police at rally and protest sites. If they are not happy with the arrangement, they can walk off if they want.

Soldiers were allegedly involved in some incidents. Statements and activities from the army had interfered in the works of the police and impeded investigation.

What happened to the three navy caught with weapons? Their reasons do not hold water because their operations were not in coordination with relevant authorities.

The army was asked to provide help a few times by Ms. Yingluck, k. Surapong, and other nice Pheu Thai figures. They already provided checkpoints and medical posts. Now that they want to help even a bit more, someone suggest they can walk off if they want.

As for 'impeded investigations', well that's just as alleged as soldiers involved in some incidents. Mind you individuals who are currently in the army may have been involved as private persons.

So what about those US Navy Seals? Already clear what under cover operation was 'impeded' by the police?

[/quote

Tick . . . tock . . . tick . . . tock . . . . That's the countdown. Not much time left for your PTP, now. Days? Weeks? Certainly, not months. Soon they will leave.

Edited by zydeco

And what had happened to the other 4 military personnel not handed over to the police over the shooting of a red shirt leader. All I can say is Thailand would be a much better country had it not been colonised a couple of hundred years ago.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

[/quote

Tick . . . tock . . . tick . . . tock . . . . That's the countdown. Not much time left for your PTP, now. Days? Weeks? Certainly, not months. Soon they will leave.

Time will tell brother...In the mean time a lot more innocent blood shall be spent on both sides.

And what had happened to the other 4 military personnel not handed over to the police over the shooting of a red shirt leader. All I can say is Thailand would be a much better country had it not been colonised a couple of hundred years ago.

That's strange. I could have sworn that Thailand was so proud that it had never been colonised in it's history.

Come on then cricketnut - reveal who colonised Thailand a couple of centuries ago!! I'm dying to find outwai2.gif.

• Like 2

If you remember, Seh Daeng was taken out by a magic bullet, which was later found next to him on his gurney in the hospital. Whoever shot Seh Daeng, would be the party not implicated by the bullet found on the gurney.

Of course, one never knows, all you can do is apply double reverse Thai logic, and then guess the opposite.

I thought it was Kennedy who was killed by the magic bullet which was later found in pristine condition on his gurney in the hospital? smile.png

HUH

HUH

Yes I know!!

I challenged him to reveal what country colonised Thailand and he went mysteriously quiet all of a sudden.

I'm guessing he went out all day immediately after posting or his computer has gone down.

Perhaps he will reveal the colonisers tomorrow - I'm not holding my breath though!!

They would say that would,nt they...but its obvious the military are maneuvering and countering many of the actions initiated by the shins, the chiefs of the Navy ans Airforce have been clear where they stand, the Army is saying whats required and ensuring the right to peaceful protest goes on for as long as necessary until the shins are removed from the game. You will see a very different army in the post Taksin era.

That's strange. I could have sworn that Thailand was so proud that it had never been colonised in it's history.

Come on then cricketnut - reveal who colonised Thailand a couple of centuries ago!! I'm dying to find outwai2.gif.

Well you could say it was colonised by Myanmar a good few hundred years ago as Lanna was a vassal state for a good decade or so, or the Angkor people who1500 years ago were the originals, invaded themselves by the Tai chinese or recently the Japanese in WW2 its all a matter of perspective really.

To say its never been colonised is not really true other than to use the word in European terms which tends to stretch over a century or more.

Edited by englishoak

Well you could say it was colonised by Myanmar a good few hundred years ago as Lanna was a vassal state for a good decade or so, or the Angkor people who1500 years ago were the originals, invaded themselves by the Tai chinese or recently the Japanese in WW2 its all a matter of perspective really.

To say its never been colonised is not really true other than to use the word in European terms which tends to stretch over a century or more.

They were occupied by the Japanese 40-45 and Mountbatten was Governor General during end of 1945 until power handed back to a Thai Gov in 46. Short periods but not insignificant when you consider that handover changed the political direction of Thailand to this day.

• Like 1

They were occupied by the Japanese 40-45 and Mountbatten was Governor General during end of 1945 until power handed back to a Thai Gov in 46. Short periods but not insignificant when you consider that handover changed the political direction of Thailand to this day.

Colonised in modern history by Europeans should have been more to the point. Occupied by the Japanese during the war is a totally different story as Thailand was at the time an ally of Japan...Heck why am I even replying when you knew my point I suspect ;)

Fair enough, at least you have replied.

I, and all Thai's, will still maintain that they have never been truly colonised - this is a proud fact held by Thai's which explains their reluctance and resistance towards receiving any outside help (particularly from America) for whom they seem to distrust the most out of anyone.

Try telling a Thai that they were colonised and they won't be very happy I can assure you.