Redshirts offer Chiang Mai as alternative capital for Yingluck govt

webfact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor deluded fools, splitting the country between those who love the Shinawatras and those who love Thailand.

Hint to the fools in question, the second group is much, much larger than the first.

Hint to you - the majority voted PTP (for the last 20 years)

Reality check for you: Those who love the Shinawatra's to the point of wanting to secede are a very (pathetic) minority.

reality check for you: this has nothing to do with the Shins (who I don't particularly like) and everything to do with the Thai majority who VOTE for PTP time after time

Poor deluded fools, splitting the country between those who love the Shinawatras and those who love Thailand.

Hint to the fools in question, the second group is much, much larger than the first.

Hint to you bj. PTP_ and the Shin influence haven't been around 20 years yet.

As for Chiang Mai becoming the capital of North Thailand, perhaps Khon Kaen is more appropriate as it's in Isaan and YL is the darling of Isaan.

As for where the border would imaginatively run, that's another problem Phitsanulok, Phichit and the western provinces are not solid red.

Anyway, this is all academic as she'll be gone soon. And as a last comment, the majority of Thais didn't vote PTP even as recently as 2011. North Thailand would be the economic equivalent of N.Korea.

Have a great evening watching Chalerm squirm.

• Like 1

Hint to you - read up on Thailand election results. TRT got a majority of the vote in one election. And PTP/PPP/TRT haven't even existed for 20 years.

• Like 1

She would be welcomed here smile.png

it will never happen but why not fantasize for a moment? ammart control South and PTP controlled North

I know where I'd rather be whistling.gif

anyway idle dreaming over... arm the Police, arrest the fascists and problem over! the majority of Thais would cheer! and vote AGAIN for PTP

Based on the protester deaths yesterday, the police are already armed.

we don't know but the 'ordinary' Police have posted a "statement" begging to be armed as they are being fired upon - unfortunately it is in the 'other' paper we are not allowed to quote

So parliament would be in CM?

I can really see all ministers moving to CM and if they ever oppose anything the regime says or does the RCM51 will be there to intimidate them or burn their houses down or even worse, kill them. They are known to murder opponents.

No protests will be allowed. They will be shut down immediately.

Sounds like a really swell idea. CM would be much easier to run the dictatorial regime from. Maybe they could smuggle the accused mass murder, accuses terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive leader back as well.

No more pesky TV statements or interviews. Think they are not transparent now. What until they move to CM

Wont happen.

it will never happen but why not fantasize for a moment? ammart control South and PTP controlled North

anyway idle dreaming over... arm the Police, arrest the fascists and problem over! the majority of Thais would cheer! and vote AGAIN for PTP

Based on the protester deaths yesterday, the police are already armed.

we don't know but the 'ordinary' Police have posted a "statement" begging to be armed as they are being fired upon - unfortunately it is in the 'other' paper we are not allowed to quote

The CMPO have already said that there are armed police backing up the unarmed riot police. So, "we know".

"She would be welcomed here"

Not by everybody, I suspect, in fact in the recent election :-

http://asiancorrespondent.com/119339/ec-figures-show-turn-out-at-47-72/

Voters in the Northern region 8,526,095

of whom only 4,776,287 bothered to go out to vote

and 766,790 spoiled their voting-papers

while 1,011,857 voted 'No'

so only 2,997,639 cast their vote for a party, probably mainly PTP, but certainly not all.

These figures show that a maximum of 35.2% of northern-voters supported PTP, and probably fewer than that, if some were voting for other parties.

If only a third, or less, of local voters support PTP, can it really be true to say "she would be welcomed here", I suggest not. facepalm.gif

3m out of 4.8 is pretty comprehensive in any election - certainly a majority :)

anyway we look nationally and we see, yet again, PTP win

don't believe it? HOLD an ELECTION

my point is that you might not like the result but "that's democracy folks"! I would have much rathered Dems participate

If an opposition party cannot defeat this lot then what on earth does it say for them???

These red shirts are blind and ignorant. I wish Thailand would split in to north and south. Let North Thailand be ruled by the Shinawatra dynasty and South Thailand by democracy. Then lets see after a couple of decades who is more advanced.

But please no tax money to the Shin province from other parts of the country. Let them become self-sufficient and let the local government buy all the rice at above-market prices and keep it until it's rotten.

and then ... hit-the-fan.gif

• Like 1

People seem to forget that this has already been mooted as Bangkok sinks inexorably into the briny.

Think of the traffic though!.....

I don't suppose any future Northern Thailand will be keen to shut the sluice gates and hold the floods upstream - at least not for free. Maybe the new nation's balance of payments won't be quite as bad as North Korea's after all!

so only 2,997,639 cast their vote for a party, probably mainly PTP, but certainly not all.

These figures show that a maximum of 35.2% of northern-voters supported PTP, and probably fewer than that, if some were voting for other parties.

If only a third, or less, of local voters support PTP, can it really be true to say "she would be welcomed here", I suggest not. facepalm.gif

3m out of 4.8 is pretty comprehensive in any election - certainly a majority smile.png

How many times do we have to do this?

3m of 8.5m, is not a majority, not even close.

Anyway, this is a great idea, Separate Chang Mai from Thailand, make it an independent state, send all PTP MPs there and teach them the lyrics of "Didn't we almost have it all"

Offer relocation packages to anyone who wants to move out.

• Like 2

These red shirts are blind and ignorant. I wish Thailand would split in to north and south. Let North Thailand be ruled by the Shinawatra dynasty and South Thailand by democracy. Then lets see after a couple of decades who is more advanced.

Thailand would be ruled by a democracyif the fascists in BKK would allow elections. It is small parts of the south that are being denied democracy.

The fascists in the south are following Suthep who does not want elections.

It would be a terrible thing if this great country were to be split.

How you can say there fascists just shows your complete ignorance to what the word really means and the history associated with the word.

I know plenty of people in the South, Central area's of the country that do not fit that description you gave them

Why don't you just lump everyone under the same banner, that's your logic

• Like 1

3m out of 4.8 is pretty comprehensive in any election - certainly a majority smile.png

anyway we look nationally and we see, yet again, PTP win

don't believe it? HOLD an ELECTION

my point is that you might not like the result but "that's democracy folks"! I would have much rathered Dems participate

If an opposition party cannot defeat this lot then what on earth does it say for them???

3 million voted for A party. They didn't all vote for PTP.

And sure as heck not all of them would want to secede from Thailand.

It makes sense to contemplate a permanent move to CM. It is far more suitable than Bangkok and a move could free the govt of all the hangers on living high on the hog in BKK, at taxpayers expense

Well the climate is certainly better and its definitely less polluted. I'd be off in a second if work would be so kind to relocate, although I would prefer Phuket.

I agree that it's mostly media hype and not realistically going to happen, despite the comments and talk I've heard about it over the past 6 years of living in Chiang Mai. The thing that comes to my mind is that if there were a split, North/South, I have a feeling that the next monsoon season after, the people of the north and central would be laughing at BKK and telling them - "Gee, how's it feel to be flooded?"