UK holiday visa for family thai nanny

Hello,

I am a divorce single parent with 2 luk krueng children, our thai nanny has been with the family over 1 year now, we live in phuket and are planning a holiday back home to the UK. Therefore I would need to establish a visa for my nanny. I dread doing the trip again alone with 2 children.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards

Arran.

The question is whether she should apply as a domestic worker or as a general visitor.

A domestic worker visa application currently costs £278, whereas a general visitor visa costs £80. (Subject to Parliamentary approval, these fees will be going up w.e.f. 6th April 2014; see here.)

But, a general visitor is not allowed to work in any capacity whilst in the UK, even unpaid.

If she applies as a general visitor and in her application she says she is your children's nanny and will continue in that capacity in the UK; the visa will be refused.

If she applies for a general visitor visa and doesn't say this, she will be guilty of attempting to obtain, or if she got the visa then obtaining, a visa by deception. If it was later discovered that she was your employee and continued as such whilst in the UK then she could be banned from visiting the UK for 10 years; possibly for life.

You may also suffer serious consequences for aiding and abetting her.

So my advice is to do it properly and she applies for a domestic worker visa.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The question is whether she should apply as a domestic worker or as a general visitor.

A domestic worker visa application currently costs £278, whereas a general visitor visa costs £80. (Subject to Parliamentary approval, these fees will be going up w.e.f. 6th April 2014; see here.)

But, a general visitor is not allowed to work in any capacity whilst in the UK, even unpaid.

If she applies as a general visitor and in her application she says she is your children's nanny and will continue in that capacity in the UK; the visa will be refused.

If she applies for a general visitor visa and doesn't say this, she will be guilty of attempting to obtain, or if she got the visa then obtaining, a visa by deception. If it was later discovered that she was your employee and continued as such whilst in the UK then she could be banned from visiting the UK for 10 years; possibly for life.

You may also suffer serious consequences for aiding and abetting her.

So my advice is to do it properly and she applies for a domestic worker visa.

ideal advice follow the procedures for your circumstance it is ideal