Dogs to Thailand...

Noi657

your dog must have all the shots up to date (do a google search)

just be aware that once your dog is in thailand,your chance of takeing your dog home with you is slim to none

also you should check with the airline you are useing.

small dog should be no problem

brought my dogs to thailand but as cargo,just had to make sure the dogs were loaded before take of

Cheers guys.. Done my homework to death!! Know all about the injections, cargo, excess baggage etc. just need to know if I can enter on a tourist visa with them? As for the flights etc, what can I say. Thai air want about £45 per kg, british airways say you can only go as cargo! Eva air same. Thai air works out at about £1000 per dog! Cargo works out about £1500 per dog! Sod that! Anyone thinking of taking a pet to Thailand from the UK? KLM my friends! £166 per dog!! Anyway back to my original question.. Tourist visa lol

when my dogs got here,they were missing one stamp

paid 100tb each and away we went

you won't get to pick up your dogs until after you go thru passport control,so your visa doesn't matter

sorry forget you were carrying them,still will have to take them to animal control

were they check your paper work,if missing something tell them you ran out of time,small fine and your good to go

they don't care what kind of visa you enter on,more of makeing sure all your dogs paper work is fine

Edited by happynthailand

So far I know, tourist visa is fine.
Make sure you have the import permit for Thailand as well. And in case you may return home, soonish, a rabies serological test done before traveling to Thailand and then keeping Rabies vaxes uo-to-date, can safe you a lot of head-aches.

So far I know, tourist visa is fine.

Make sure you have the import permit for Thailand as well. And in case you may return home, soonish, a rabies serological test done before traveling to Thailand and then keeping Rabies vaxes uo-to-date, can safe you a lot of head-aches.

I found this to be the hardest part, the import cerfificate. They don't always reply to emails, sometimes won't answer the phone. When I finally got in touch with one, they said to wait until the day before my flight! No way. I pushed hard and finally got the import certificate several days before the flight. Sure would be nice to have it several weeks before so you know everything is OK!