Thai farmers to target Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks like brand new tractors, unlike agricultural machinery which is seen in the countryside.

somebody lend them to the farmers?

also it looks like there are several groups, each with a different objective. It seems somebody is playing politics, instead for the farmers to represent themselves.

those national flags on the tractors are worrying, a nationalist card is played too often in thai politics, always against interests of the majority

Is this posting supposed to be tongue in cheek, sarcastic or what. You can't be for real!

looks like brand new tractors, unlike agricultural machinery which is seen in the countryside.

somebody lend them to the farmers?

also it looks like there are several groups, each with a different objective. It seems somebody is playing politics, instead for the farmers to represent themselves.

those national flags on the tractors are worrying, a nationalist card is played too often in thai politics, always against interests of the majority

"looks like brand new tractors, unlike agricultural machinery which is seen in the countryside."

What an absolutely stupid statement. They've still got mud on the blades, most have been washed before the trip.

What do you think these farmers use in their fields then. Carabao? Kwai?
Do they look like they just came out of crates from the Kubota, Yanmar factory?
The farmers are here to represent themselves, not Mr Suthep or Thaksin.
There are different groups, they come from different provinces and they have one objective in mind. To get paid for the rice they grew and have never been paid for thanks to the devious behaviour of the PTP government.
The national flags on the tractors are there because these people are proud Thais and have been let down by the motley crew you call a government.
No doubt if they were supporting Ali Thaksin and his forty thieves things would be acceptable the way they are.

Perfect response....better than mine!

They are Sethups men dressed as farmers Cunning plan but it wont work

here is the real leader

Good luck Yingluck

Lovely photograph, a reminder of happier days, when the caretaker-PM wasn't too-afraid/busy to come out and speak to rice-farmers, as she now is. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Looks like they all bought the same exact tracker and all seem to no be too concerned with the wear and tear they are putting on this critical piece of farm equipment.

If you had been unpaid (cheated) for the very hard work you had done even you might think that a bit of wear & tear was worth it to draw attention to ones plight. (And anyway, these vehicles will go forever....)

It is possible, maybe, that we are missing the point here. The caretaker government asked Airports of Thailand, which has plenty of liquidity, to purchase bonds from them to help pay the farmers. AoT started to do so, but then some employees objected, so they stopped. It is most likely that the aim of these farmers is to "persude" AoT to purchase these bonds so that the farmers can get paid.

I made some inquiries about this thing from non-PAD-Dem sources.

They perceive it as the commercial farmer's wing of the anti-democrat movement threatening the airport. Regardless of protestations to the contrary, just going there is a 'threat'. Shades of the PAD.

According to them, the PAD has never "died," been "finished" or "disbanded." PAD remains the core of the current anti-democrat movement. Its strategists and activists have been at the sharp end of every anti-democratic action since 2005, and they are critically important for the current anti-democrat action, especially now that it is essentially a violent and armed movement.

Another thing they said that was interesting, was to see the plethora of seemingly new Kubota tractors, and referencing some interesting linckages between Kubota and Elitist elements..These farmers would not be doing such a thing without considerable compensation.

Given the anti-UDD/RS/PTP bent of the mainstream media, these linckages and motivations are left largely unexplained. Seeking only to bolster anti-Govt motivations and by extension, anti all those millions whose electoral choice they are trying to nullify.

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 2

They perceive it as the commercial farmer's wing of the anti-democrat movement threatening the airport. Regardless of protestations to the contrary, just going there is a 'threat'. Shades of the PAD.

According to them, the PAD has never "died," been "finished" or "disbanded." PAD remains the core of the current anti-democrat movement. Its strategists and activists have been at the sharp end of every anti-democratic action since 2005, and they are critically important for the current anti-democrat action, especially now that it is essentially a violent and armed movement.

Another thing they said that was interesting, was to see the plethora of seemingly new Kubota tractors, and referencing some interesting linckages between Kubota and Elitist elements..These farmers would not be doing such a thing without considerable compensation.

Given the anti-UDD/RS/PTP bent of the mainstream media, these linckages and motivations are left largely unexplained. Seeking only to bolster anti-Govt motivations and by extension, anti all those millions whose electoral choice they are trying to nullify.

Exactly what I am hearing

• Like 1

here is the real leader

Did Yingluck get paid for her rice farming?

very handsomely, around a couple of hundred billion baht.

"Thank you three times"

• Like 2

Have a jolly day up there in Ulan.

I apologize for replying to a troll.<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

here is the real leader

Good luck Yingluck

Yes indeed, she looks just like a real rice farmer's wife, except she's never spent a day in the sun.

But the boots are cute. And it probably smells a bit out there in the paddy field

That photo was a sethup, the protests are led by Suthep.

Have a jolly day up there in Ulan.

I apologize for replying to a troll.

Better a Mongolian Troll than a WIMP you know nothing of Asian ways

good luck yingluck

• Like 2

Constitutional Court Rules against the governments emergency decree on 2 issues (yesterday), so if the 'mob' does not turn violent the govt can not achieve its aim of clearing the protests. Bring in the farmers, bolster their numbers with 'ring ins' and then, in a veil of 'protecting them' make sure they can not leave. The true farmers in this group are reportedly ringing back home saying they are trapped down there by the red guards.... It's clear that someone wants the conflict to reach a flash point and lead to violence.

I hope they don't block the airports.

If they do, it will become a real serious issue.

Suthep, the mad man even did not try to block the airports because he knows how it can seriously hurt Thailand.

Yingluck is already a loser but maybe she still thinks that she can keep her position.

Everything went too far and uncontrollable. Yingluck has no choice but resign.

Khun Yingkuck, please do all of us a favor.

Do something good in the end.

Come Yingluck, resign now. It is over. You lost.

Her brother does not agree, she is his only chance for his comeback. coffee1.gif

60 billion withdrawn in 3 days - sounds like a big scary number until you check the GSB deposits in 2012 which were 1,680 billion.

So citizens against the bank's decision to support the government withdrew less than 4% of the total deposits.

Citizens who support the government's move deposited 30 million.

So for every baht of support (all 30 million of them) there's 2,000 baht of opposition (60 billion).

Conclusion: The bank isn't going to fail for this move but there's more money in opposition than support. Then again, if you don't pay the farmers for the rice they gave the government, how could they possibly put anything in the bank?

here is the real leader

Good luck Yingluck

I think she has already had far more than her fair share of good luck. She was born into a very affluent family and she was born without crippling illlnesses. Thats very fortunate and lucky for her, and a great starting-position in which to live a full and honourable life and contribute positively to society.

The thing about luck though, is that most people don't have it, and it always runs out too. Check recent Yingluck photos with the rabbit-in-the-headlights expression which reads "things are going wrong for me, how could this happen, what is this new feeling I'm experiencing, it feels almost like life isn't making things easy for me." Welcome to the real world Yingluck. I'm waving to you with my four robot limbs and terminal brain disease I was born with. It amazes me how people skyball and take things for granted and just look dazed when reality says hello.

*hugs*

These imaginary "sources" would you care to share or is this just your thinking and trying to make it credible by evoking the " I was told by reliable people" statement .
  • Like 1

Am I the only one here that remembers the last time that the words:

Protesters and Airport

were used at the same time. Does anyone really think that the international news organizations are going to explain that the protest leaders are promising not to blockade the airport.

I think not

• Like 2

A post that was heading into dangerous territory regarding this forum rule has been removed as well as a number of replies:

2) Not to express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban.

Inflammatory posts have been removed as well.

Sure glad I am not stuck behind that convoy trying to get somewhere in a hurry!

Being a smart man Jeremy, you'd have known in advance that the highway was blocked and you would have planned an alternate route.

Smart man, perhaps not...... However smart enough to own a sat nav, so guess I might get around it.