Futball

willski52

This is in the Bangkok Post today:

'Thailand may be the only country in the world that shows all 64 World Cup matches on free TV live without commercial breaks _ and without an English soundtrack'

See it here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/Sports/index.php

No English Soundtrack!

Looks like everyone will be watching it down THE PUB in Fisherman’s Village then,

They definitely have English Commentary with there Super Dooper satellite.

5b4fn.gif

somebody told me that Thai TV is not going to have English commentry this time round.

Anybody else hear this.

My friend suggested, watching the games on Thai TV but listening to an english language commentary via the internet, BBC Radio five live usually provides an excellent commentary. and is available over the net.

somebody told me that Thai TV is not going to have English commentry this time round.

Anybody else hear this.

My friend suggested, watching the games on Thai TV but listening to an english language commentary via the internet, BBC Radio five live usually provides an excellent commentary. and is available over the net.

You can never get the commentary and the TV feed to sync anyway - very annoying...

Anybody else hear this.

You can never get the commentary and the TV feed to sync anyway - very annoying...

Balderdash I thought I had it sussed.

Im afraid you guys in Samui are stuck with Thai commentry, same as last World Cup in LOS. Pants, to say the least. No UBC chanel is showing games with English commentry, and no on-line broadcasters such as BBC, Talksport etc are allowed to broadcast commentry outside of the U.K. Even if they could, its immposible to sync on-line commentry to a live broadcast owing to the 7 second second delay legaly enforced on all live on-line broadcasts.

The only option, and this is the ONLY option, is to find a bar that has sattalite feed with the South African Super Sport chanel. I dont even think The Pub in Bophut has this.

It dosent matter anyhow, does it? Usualy if you are in the boozer watching the footy you cant here piss all anyhow. Just get pissed and watch the game in ANY pub, it will be a top crack either way.

Im afraid you guys in Samui are stuck with Thai commentry, same as last World Cup in LOS. Pants, to say the least. No UBC chanel is showing games with English commentry, and no on-line broadcasters such as BBC, Talksport etc are allowed to broadcast commentry outside of the U.K. Even if they could, its immposible to sync on-line commentry to a live broadcast owing to the 7 second second delay legaly enforced on all live on-line broadcasts.

The only option, and this is the ONLY option, is to find a bar that has sattalite feed with the South African Super Sport chanel. I dont even think The Pub in Bophut has this.

It dosent matter anyhow, does it? Usualy if you are in the boozer watching the footy you cant here piss all anyhow. Just get pissed and watch the game in ANY pub, it will be a top crack either way.

[

It dosent matter anyhow, does it? Usualy if you are in the boozer watching the footy you cant here piss all anyhow. Just get pissed and watch the game in ANY pub, it will be a top crack either way.]

The Pub in Bophut DOES have South African satellite and if their excellent coverage of England winning the Rugby World Cup (a real man's game!) is anything to go by then The Pub is the place to watch the footy. Often seem to get free half time snacks too.

sorry new to this but if you check the local sports bar guides I think you will find that THE PUB has has the S>A>feed for about 18 months now,as have 2 or 3 other Bars in Samui.

There are a shed load of pubs on Samui that have the SA feed - the Islander on Chaweng being one...

Not sure about Phangan though...

Tropical Murphys has the South African channel too, AND I've been told there's a new air con Irish bar opening on June 9th which will have the South African feed, on the ring road at the junction with the Bandon Hospital Road.

so there is no live english commentary AT ALL on channels 37-40? I find that hard to believe. So we got to go down the pub in the middle of the night?
Go Holland!

Middle of the night? Only for one match!!!

Each team in the first round has one kick off at 8pm, one at 11pm and one at 2am. Englands 2am match is their last one in the first round against Sweden, could be well worth staying up for. :o

Runour has it that Crash Bar on Soi Mango is going to give each of its customers a free shot every time England score a goal during the world cup, better still I hear that the Pharmacy on Soi Mango is giving all its customers a free drink whenever any team score a goal this world cup.