Bangkok: White-shirt group calls for peace and quick election

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Election right now is the last thing that will bring an end to the dispute. Realistically, that won't happen until Missy has resigned, Suthep has gone or retired, and people can begin to talk constructively.

That ain't gonna be any time soon, methinks.

• Like 1

"The activist said she was dismayed by discriminatory remarks by some protest leaders against the caretaker prime minister.

She said as a woman,YL could be criticized for poor performance but not she’s a woman."

Well well well... another female weak wanabe who doesnt seem to know (or not WANT to know) how BAD the Shinas clan is, inclusive YL !

If the anti government protesters succeeded in removing the current government, the north is acting the same way with no vote and start protesting again. Will there ever going to be an end to this? Everybody needs to take a step backward. Nobody wins everything. Take it a step at a time. You cannot change black to white in one day like you're waving your magic wand.

• Like 2

The white shirts have got it totally right, with their middle-ground democratic stance and their refusal to trust either of these extremist groups. We need more people to stand out and say they want new major parties in the centre led by people who represent Thailand the nation, not individual persons or groups. Both major parties are like leering gargoyles, they are unapproachable and remote and gruesome to behold. People who distance themselves from both parties are moving in the direction of progress and autonomy from the sickly gangsterism that we are used to seeing.

• Like 2

The white shirts have got it totally right, with their middle-ground democratic stance and their refusal to trust either of these extremist groups. We need more people to stand out and say they want new major parties in the centre led by people who represent Thailand the nation, not individual persons or groups. Both major parties are like leering gargoyles, they are unapproachable and remote and gruesome to behold. People who distance themselves from both parties are moving in the direction of progress and autonomy from the sickly gangsterism that we are used to seeing.

Please tell me. Who is behind the white-shirts, or do you believe the team to be genuinely and fundamentally free of corruption?

White is not always whiter than white, especially when cream. ;)

I wish they would get rid of the idea of a color shirt representing other than a color. I'm running out of shirts to wear. biggrin.png

Excellent point....Permit me to add a political context to your comment.

If they did away with using the color of affinity clothing to identify political entities, would be a problem for one side of the political divide.

I have often thought that this 'color coded' reference to political entities is in fact just that...a code to avoid attributing political context.

From 2006 onward, through the 2010 protest against a coup-rooted Govt, demands for elections in a negotiated manner acceptable to both sides instead of an ultimatum pretending to be an offer, to electoral victories and now obstructions to them and subsequent elections, all point to one side being an Electoral Democracy side.........

That is an inconvenient truth however, to unelectables seeking governance by any, means other than electoral.

If the Red Shirts were referenced as Electoral Democrats, supporting Parliamentary Governance then that might imply there is a problem with that form....Not something the anti-democrats currently on the streets in BKK, and the elites seeking unelected governance via user-friendly courts want publicized.

Better to stick with Red and Yellow to obscure those realities for them.

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 1

Do they really think that elections will mean that the protesters will go home? Where have they been for the last 4 months?

The protest leaders need to go to jail, an election should be held with international monitors, to assure a free, open and transparent election, the military need to guard the polling places to assure all Thai's can participate and exercise their right to vote, as per their constitutional rights.

The majority political party indicated by the election results, to set up a reform committee to cleans Thailand of all the forms of corruption that has been practiced in Thailand for hundreds of years!, not only political corruption, all forms of corruption!

Cheers!

Yes ... lots of 'should's and 'need's and 'must's, but that isn't going to change the minds of the protesters. They have their demands. Having elections now isn't one of them.

I think that many had overlooked in this attempt to overthrow PM Yingluck government, is the fact that she is a female PM in a male dominated society, were women do not have many of the same rights their counterpart have in other countries.

The attack on a woman's right to be a elected leader of her country, coupled with the attack on the unwashed masses of the north is clearly the corner stone of the Suthep fascist movement!

Cheers

Crap. She's barely seen as "the PM". Being female has nothing to do with people wanting her out.

• Like 2

Please tell me. Who is behind the white-shirts, or do you believe the team to be genuinely and fundamentally free of corruption?

White is not always whiter than white, especially when cream. wink.png

They already stated a month ago that they do not support PTP or the Dems. The gave reasons, which chimed with my own views. They don't have a stake in lying about it either. They just want the bloodshed to stop, which both sides are causing by their mywayorthehighwayisms.

LOL red apologists are just amusing.

People want to overthrow Poo because she's incompetent, leads a corrupt and ineffectual government and is a puppet for her murdering fugitive brother. It's not because she has a vagina. rolleyes.gif

It would be most remarkable if she didn't have one.

What has that got to do with anything anyway? When she was elected the world media cheered her on for "empowering women across Asia" etc. her being the first female PM here was seen as a great PR boost to Thailand, a symbol of progressive politics. So if anything we are judging her despite her gender, not because of it, as it was originally touted as a major positive factor.

Election right now is the last thing that will bring an end to the dispute. Realistically, that won't happen until Missy has resigned, Suthep has gone or retired, and people can begin to talk constructively.

That ain't gonna be any time soon, methinks.

I think expressions like "missy" are similar to the ones being objected to by (most) people who have been brought up in 1st world, developed countries... (like some people on this board.), they are sexist, condescending and patronizing, use these words in the workplace in said 1st world countries, and you'd (a male) be out on your ar$e... Pat. Don't get me wrong, I'm a bloke, but I'm smart enough to realize that chicks can run businesses, and even countries...

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wish they would get rid of the idea of a color shirt representing other than a color. I'm running out of shirts to wear. biggrin.png alt=biggrin.png>

Pink and Orange are the only 2 safe colors left, if you are worried about color blind mobs then wear pink is best