Its in the post, am I safe?

Greetings

I have been getting my 12 month multiple entry tourist visa for many years now at the Thai Consulate in Brisbane Australia.

I usually just post my passport when Im in Australia with a return express envelope and a money order

My question is can I do this from outside Australia from Thailand? Can I just post my passport to OZ , any feedback appreciated

A "12 month multiple entry tourist visa" ?

Are these "visas" peculiar to Australia or can they be obtained anywhere ?

Nope Not peculiar to OZ, poster does not know What he has, I can only guess maybe Non O based on marriage or based on being over 50 your guess is good as mine.

I see so I could post it from Cambodia?

Olddoc I think there are only 2 places in Oz that issue it but I cant vouch for anywhere else

You can not post it from anywhere its illegal and there is NO where in Oz that issues 12 month Multi entry tourist Visa, and mate Iam Australian been doing this a long time

• Like 1

so what do I have? the cost is , or was $225 for 12 months extended to 15

I also need to supply a copy of condo deeds and a letter from the g/f

You have a multiple entry non immigrant O visa.

It may not be so easy to get the visa now. There has been a tightening up of the rules since you got your last one.

so what do I have? the cost is , or was $225 for 12 months extended to 15

I also need to supply a copy of condo deeds and a letter from the g/f

At a guess you probably have a Non O 12 month multi but based on being over 50 which now are like hen's teeth example in Perth for a 12month multi non o based on marriage need to show AU $ 50,000 in bank Brisbane same Melbourne same your best bet is to get SINGLE entry Non O or just tourist visa and then get a 12 month Extension but have to show money

Im 51 but I have been getting this visa for the last 7 years and every time from Brisbane. I do recall that it was difficult to get the 1st one and I only asked because the guy in front of me asked for one and the lady was a bit hesitant

Its only a tiny office in a house . Ever since my first one I have always just posted in my docs with a cheque ,just assuming its going to go through and it always has.

I guess I will fly back and get another one in mAy

Edited by mcfish

Im 51 but I have been getting this visa for the last 7 years and every time from Brisbane. I do recall that it was difficult to get the 1st one and I only asked because the guy in front of me asked for one and the lady was a bit hesitant

Its only a tiny office in a house . Ever since my first one I have always just posted in my docs with a cheque ,just assuming its going to go through and it always has.

I guess I will fly back and get another one in mAy

well don't be disappointed all has changed and I drought you will get one

Olddoc I think there are only 2 places in Oz that issue it but I cant vouch for anywhere else

You can not post it from anywhere its illegal and there is NO where in Oz that issues 12 month Multi entry tourist Visa, and mate Iam Australian been doing this a long time

It's only illegal to post from Thailand. You can post if from anywhere else.

Please explain this utter rubbish you can only post an OZ passport with in OZ you best check with the OZ consulate I have

Please explain this utter rubbish you can only post an OZ passport with in OZ you best check with the OZ consulate I have

And wouldn't it be a tad risky in any event for the OP to post his passport back to Australia from Thailand?

What would happen, for example, if it were to go astray in either direction? It would inevitably prove a long, slow and painful process (involving police reports, etc) for him to obtain a replacement.

And what if he were stopped by the BIB for any reason while his passport was making its merry way in a mailbag to or from Oz? He might well find himself banged up in the IDC or, even worse, the Bangkok Hilton (or local equivalent) as a result of being unable to produce it for their inspection!

If he were planning a trip to Cambodia in any event, he would IMHO be far better off taking his passport along to the Thai Consulate in Savannaket for a single-entry 90-day non-O visa (which AFAIK is the best he could hope for nowadays) rather than popping it in the nearest letterbox to Oz (not to mention, of course, that he might then experience a little difficulty in attempting to re-enter Thailand).

Edited by OJAS

And wouldn't it be a tad risky in any event for the OP to post his passport back to Australia from Thailand?

What would happen, for example, if it were to go astray in either direction? It would inevitably prove a long, slow and painful process (involving police reports, etc) for him to obtain a replacement.

And what if he were stopped by the BIB for any reason while his passport was making its merry way in a mailbag to or from Oz? He might well find himself banged up in the IDC or, even worse, the Bangkok Hilton (or local equivalent) as a result of being unable to produce it for their inspection!

If he were planning a trip to Cambodia in any event, he would IMHO be far better off taking his passport along to the consulate in Vientiane or Savannaket for a single-entry 90-day non-O visa (which AFAIK is the best he could hope for nowadays) rather than popping it in the nearest letterbox to Oz.

this is a most sensible suggestion by OJAS

Settle down!

It was self explanatory. There's nothing illegal about posting an Australian passport. If the Thai Consulate in OZ doesn't accept postal applications when the person is in another country, then that's another matter - but that's nothing to do with illegalities, but policy. You claim they won't do it - fair enough, if that their policy - but it's not illegal.

It used to be a fairly common practice for people to post their passport to England to get Thai visas if they weren't in Thailand.

If he were planning a trip to Cambodia in any event, he would IMHO be far better off taking his passport along to the Thai Consulate in Savannaket for a single-entry 90-day non-O visa (which AFAIK is the best he could hope for nowadays) rather than popping it in the nearest letterbox to Oz (not to mention, of course, that he might then experience a little difficulty in attempting to re-enter Thailand).

Obviously mail can go astray, but it's a very minimal risk if you use reliable carriers. The Australian Embassy has no problem posting my new passports to me. I always get them in the Mail. NZ passports too. Posting passports is a very common procedure.

whistling.gif NO

You will show no EXIT stamp from Thailand because you did not leave Thailand properly if you mail your passport from Thailand.

This will immediately be obvious to the Thai consulate in Australia that you submit the passport to, and they will have many questions for you.

They may deny you a new visa because you do not show an exit from Thailand

You need that EXIT stamp when you leave Thailand to show you left Thailand legally.

Very important to have it.

Can cause big problems otherwise.

Note: I can't discuss the posting of an Aussie passport outside of Thailand back to Australia on this forum.

That MAY be illegal and the rules are strict about discussing any illegal activity on this forum.

Clear?

The only way you can legitimately mail in a passport to a embassy or consulate from outside the country where they are located is if you are in a country that does not have a Thai embassy or consulate.

It has not been that long since the honorary consulates in the UK and the US were mandated not to accept mail in applications. It is suspected the reason for this is that they had been accepting applications sent from outside the country.

Im not going this route but if i WAS I would go to a country without a Thai embassy and then post my passport to a Friend in my home country who would forward it to the embassy and then post it back to me.

It can be done legally that way and is still a hell of a lot cheaper than flying back home

Since you are 51 have you considered getting an extension of stay for retirement. You would need 800k in a Thai bank or 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 equal to 800k baht. You would not need to do border runs every 90 days or have to worry about getting a new visa every year if you did it.