Political Books about Thailand

Nervosa

Hi,

with all these protestations and political conflicts, I really want to know more about what going on and what it going to happen.

But I would like to read some books about the Thai Politics, Economies et History of Thailand.

I would like to know if you guys know some place, IN Chiang Mai, i can buy book in english about Thailand.

I want the kind of books that actually give me idea about the modern era of Thailand and what going on since 1970's to now

OR some Ebook link.

I don't need referal link from wikipedia or any google researche. I want book because it is more easy for me. I hate to read on a Tablet.

I already got good basic knowledge i took via internet.

Here the book I'm looking for, If you guys got some more, feel free to add it to the list.

- Thailand: Economy and Politics. By Pasuk Phongpaichit and Chris Baker. Oxford University Press, 2002.

- Thailand: Society and Politics. By John Girling. Cornell University Press, 1981.

- Siam Mapped: A History of the Geo-Body of a Nation. By Thongchai Winichakul. University of Hawai'i Press, 1994.

- "A Tale of Two Democracies: Conflicting Perceptions of Elections and Democracy in Thailand." By Anek Laothamatas. In: The Politics of Elections in Southeast Asia. Edited by R. H. Taylor. Cambridge University Press, 1996.

- Myths and Realities: The Democratization of Thai Politics. By Yoshifumi Tamada. Trans Pacific Press, 2008.

- Network Monarchy and Legitimacy Crises in Thailand." By Duncan McCargo. Pacific Review 18, no. 4 (2005): 499-519

- Thaksin: The Business of Politics in Thailand. By Pasuk Phongpaichit and Chris Baker. Silkworm Books, 2004.

Edited by Nervosa

Try Asia books at the airport Mall. I believe they are on the second floor. Ask at information.

If they don't have them they will order them for you. I doubt they will have them I was in there yesterday and they have reduced the size of their store. Not a big choice.

I bought the Thaksin book at Surriwong bookshop. They had quite a few political and historical books on Thailand some very recent releases that you might consider picking up if you browse. There are a number of others that for various reasons associated with lesse majeste are not available in Thailand so ebook might be the only way if you are interested in them. The majority i found were sensationalist as if they were trying to get banned and therefore gain some notarity and sales. Anyway Surriwong for me is the only choice for new English texts like you seek all in one place.

Edited by mamborobert

Yes some people do make it difficult they ask a specific question requiring a location and neglect to mention where they are.

My reply was for Chiang Mai.

From the OP

I would like to know if you guys know some place, IN Chiang Mai,

Yes some people do make it difficult they ask a specific question requiring a location and neglect to mention where they are.

My reply was for Chiang Mai.

From the OP

I would like to know if you guys know some place, IN Chiang Mai,

Your rite I had forgot that when I checked back on Darkside.

Does the Thai government make the list of books/movies etc that it has banned available to the public?

I find it interesting that it was one of the few non-Islamic states to ban Rushdie's Satanic Verses

• Like 1

Does the Thai government make the list of books/movies etc that it has banned available to the public?

I find it interesting that it was one of the few non-Islamic states to ban Rushdie's Satanic Verses

Not to my knowledge.

Governance in Thailand is opaque at the best of times, always contradicting itself in its messages and actions and lacking in inter-departmental co-operation.

However Wikipedia is your friend.