Hotmail account won't accept email from Ipad. Please help

pryortuck

I'm using OS7 and have tried to send email from Ipad mail app and hotmail app and all sent emails fails. I understand it's a POP account but how do I configure so I'm sure my email is being delivered.

I've found nothing that works. I'm a new Ipad user.

Thank you for any assistance.

did you ever use hotmail other than via the hotmail websites ?

if your account was created after 2006 its very likely that your account has no pop enabled.

after 2006 microsoft charged money for this feature via Hotmail "plus" ...

so if you never used hotmail via a real mail programm (outlook does not count m$ has a connector for outlook)

its very likely it never worked.

My hotmail account is over 10 years old and transitioned into Outlook a short time ago I think. I believe this is an ongoing issue with many Ipad users since a google search turns up many complaints about this but through much searching could not find a solution. Outlook support did not respond to my email. I receive email from customers who send via Ipad and Iphone so I know the account works. But when I send to hotmail accounts via my Ipad (OS7) a message appears in the inbox everytime that it has failed. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this issue and who may have found the solution.

Thank you for your reply.

Check the settings in Outgoing Mail Server. Make sure they're all correct. Try re-entering your password. Enter the password, don't copy and paste it.

Settings should look something like this:

Sever: On

Host Name: smtp.live.com

User Name: [your email address]

Password: [your password]

Use SSL: On

Authentication: Password

Server Port: 587

Outlook/Hotmail now use a exchange connector instead of pop if you are having problems sending mail delete the account from settings>mail contacts & calendars on the ipad and add account again using the exchange option enter your outlook email address and that's that for your problems

if you have any emails on the ipad that are not shown in the outlook.com site then make sure you resend to your self before you deleted the account.

• 2 weeks later...

I have hotmail as a secondary acct.

I generally or eventually get mail on iPad so POP must be set up correctly but I very regularly have password rejected and three or six crappy messages telling me so in different words.

It sucks.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by cheeryble