Thai Foreign Min releases statement condemning recent attacks

webfact

Foreign Min releases statement condemning recent attacks

BANGKOK, 26 February 2014 (NNT) - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued a statement condemning recent violent incidents that have claimed many lives and wounded several others.

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul made a statement on Tuesday, condemning in the strongest terms the recent acts of violence in Trat Province on February 22nd, and at the area around the Ratchaprasong Intersection in Bangkok the next day, which resulted in loss of lives and injuries of innocent civilians.

The minister also condemned those who perpetrated such senseless and brutal violence, adding that those incidents would only serve to further escalate the current political situation.

Minister Surapong lastly expressed his condolences to families, relatives, and friends of those who lost their lives as well as those who have been injured, while giving a strong assurance that the government would launch a full investigation into the brutal acts in order to bring the culprits to justice as soon as possible.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-02-26 footer_n.gif

Foreign affairs?

I suppose that given that he PTP are relocating to the North, Bangkok is now classed as foreign soil, or is that Surapong is just Thaksins gimp, and wanted to e in the news?

<deleted> does that even mean? They just condemned attacks on PROTESTERS. How can they be Thaksin's gimp?

"The government would launch a full investigation into the brutal acts"

Great and I look forward to updates on a regular bases unless of course it will be the usual fan fair now and then eventually it dies down and is forgotten in 2 weeks.

So this gets a full investigation. What do the 17 (18 dead now. RIP young child) and the 716 injured get? I half investigation. No investigation.

Principle of democracy - Equal protection under the law.

Red shirt wounded. Suspects identified 2 days later.

PDRC wounded and killed. No suspects identified.

Principle of democracy - Equal protection under the law.

Edited by djjamie

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Foreign affairs?

Good point , as I have stated many times before , ministers talking outside of their portfolio's, and most don't have clue what they are saying. Well to be honest not one knows what they are talking about.

• Like 1

while giving a strong assurance that the government would launch a full investigation into the brutal acts in order to bring the culprits to justice as soon as possible.

Surapong really makes me sick. No crime against PRDC had been investigated, ever. And no crime against PRDC will ever be investigated.

His Red team was celebrating the murder of innocent people last week.

• Like 1

Thaksin's cousin releases statement on attacks on Thaksin's opponents

Correct. All these bombings serve Thaksin very well. More bombings=less people joining the protests. Therefor NOBODY will be caught. And they are surely not going to "catch" their own people.

29A__zps932211a9.jpg

"Cousin, I think sending a message out into the world would be a smart thing to do at this stage. Make those blind people think we really care cheesy.gif "

Edited by Nickymaster

Foreign affairs?

I suppose that given that he PTP are relocating to the North, Bangkok is now classed as foreign soil, or is that Surapong is just Thaksins gimp, and wanted to e in the news?

&lt;deleted&gt; does that even mean? They just condemned attacks on PROTESTERS. How can they be Thaksin's gimp?

Err, so are you suggesting that Thaksin condones the attacks? That Surapong didn't deliver a passport by hand to his master?

You need to read a little bit more.