PM Yingluck rejects face-to-face talks with protest leader Suthep

Lite Beer

PM Yingluck rejects face-to-face talks with protest leader Suthep
By Digital Content

13935015746524-640x390x2.jpg

CHIANG MAI, Feb 27 - Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today declined her political opponent Suthep Thaugsuban's challenge to a verbal duel on resolving Thailand's political conflict.

Mr Suthep, secretary general of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), said he was ready for a dialogue with Ms Yingluck, or even ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, anytime and anywhere in Bangkok on the condition that it must be a one-on-one negotiation and broadcast live to the public.

Ms Yingluck said she agreed to a negotiation under the constitutional framework on the condition that Mr Suthep must end the rallies to pave the way for elections, and the issues for the talks must be clearly defined.

"If the dialogue is held beyond the constitutional framework, knowledgeable people from different fields must participate and make joint decisions. I myself cannot decide on behalf of people in the entire nation," she said.

"If we share a similar framework, negotiation is possible, otherwise it's difficult to talk. I myself agree with negotiations for peace but I need someone to help look at other problem-solving perspectives. We should not close the framework for negotiations."

Asked if the negotiation should be broadcast live, Ms Yingluck said she alone could not answer the question and opinions from several people would be more beneficial as there would be knowledgeable people to jointly find resolutions.

She added, "There should be a framework at a certain stage to know who will do what. If we don't have a framework, the dialogue will be endless. A framework will lead us to the goal. It's useless if we keep on talking in parallel.

"Upholding democracy doesn't mean the other side will be the loser or the winner. We have to cherish the nation without obstinacy. I want the nation and the people to win."

She said the government welcomed advice from the United Nations which is experienced in resolving national conflicts but people in the country would have to eventually find their own solutions.

Mr Suthep said he would represent demonstrators in negotiating with Ms Yingluck which must be held face-to-face and broadcast on every TV channel. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2012-02-27

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There it is again...

Ms Yingluck said she agreed to a negotiation under the constitutional framework on the condition that Mr Suthep must end the rallies to pave the way for elections, and the issues for the talks must be clearly defined

So no negoatiations whilst the protests are still going...

There it is again...

Ms Yingluck said she agreed to a negotiation under the constitutional framework on the condition that Mr Suthep must end the rallies to pave the way for elections, and the issues for the talks must be clearly defined

So no negoatiations whilst the protests are still going...

And no negotiations with someone who has different opinions....

• Like 1

I myself cannot decide but I need someone to help look at other problem-solving perspectives.

Ms Yingluck said she alone could not answer the question and opinions from several people would be more beneficial as there would be knowledgeable people to jointly find resolutions.

I would like to know what she can do by herself, besides shopping of course.

• Like 1

I myself cannot decide but I need someone to help look at other problem-solving perspectives.

Ms Yingluck said she alone could not answer the question and opinions from several people would be more beneficial as there would be knowledgeable people to jointly find resolutions.

She's got crying down pat.

• Like 2

bla bla bla, and in direction the UN, yes we like to get you involved because it may look good for us but: She said the government welcomed advice from the United Nations which is experienced in resolving national conflicts but people in the country would have to eventually find their own solutions.

She does tend to avoid debates and unscripted Q&A, dating back to when she was campaigning the first time.

However I can sort of understand why she doesn't want a public duel-type debate with Suthep specifically, as he might just scream and rant at her. He has done a lot of ranting over the last few months, and I doubt he would stop to listen to Yingluck even if she had anything to say.

Nice photo. Like the airport check-in joke, "Did you pack those bags under your eyes yourself, Ma'am?"

• Like 1

She can lie, cheat, steal and of course cry on cue. That 4 things.

Give an instance where she cheated or stole.

If I may quote you:

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. Winston Churchill

Hang around until the NACC's Rice investigation is complete... then you will have your answer.

• Like 1

She can lead a country, protect democracy, protect the people (against the elite 'authorities') and she can defend democracy - hey Bro that's 4 things TOO

• Like 1

Wow...."Framework". Seems like YL has learnt a new word and needs to show off by using it 3 times in 2 sentences! clap2.gif

She better rejects the offer or else she would be the laughing stock of the country

I believe she has already managed to achieve that.

Suthep did not offer 'open' talks he offered a TRAP and Yingluck was wise to avoid it

The Thai people are not stupid and they see what this 'Dear Leader" is offering

Crush him is the cry from almost every Thai I know

That, my friend, is an unprovable statement. Very successful in a demagogues repertoire when it comes to swaying the masses.

Just make up grandiose, completely unprovable statements that say whatever you want people to believe.

Can I have a go too? Please. Please...Thanks.

The Thai people are not stupid and they see that yingluck is scared to debate Suthep because it will highlight her stupidity.

Crush her is the cry from almost every Thai I know and I know 45 million Thais personally.

Prove me wrong that I don't know 45 million Thai's personally? You can't.

With quantifiable measures prove that the Thai people are NOT stupid and can see yingluck is scared to debate Suthep? You can't.

Now I suspect you will reply by demonizing me, insulting me or just saying I need to go back to school simple because it is easier than replying the substance of my comment.

hey dude you is sooooo funny

you believe in democracy? I suspect not but you THINK you do :)

you think your hero Suthep does? I think not and the majority of Thais 'think not' which is why he would LOSE any election - you don't agree? then HOLD ONE - scared by this though huh?

how old are you? are you frightened to say? when I was young I believed in 'Che Guevara' - hey dude I even had that poster on my wall - he was my hero - much like Suthep is yours now *sigh*

I know this is irritating for you - and you are angry

but when you 'mature' you will look back on this and CRINGE much like I do about old 'Che'

it's ok... it takes time...

'youth is wasted on the young' - Oscar Wilde

Edited by binjalin

Give an instance where she cheated or stole.

If I may quote you:

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. Winston Churchill

And in return for my highlighting your tag, I suggest you read mine:

If you consider being an accessory to a crime. I would say she she is most likely guilty of both cheating and stealing. We will find out soon after the NACC reports.

• Like 1