Suthep calls for live TV talks with Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One on one debate. Nah, will not happen. Suthep is dreaming.

the premier said a team of experts must also be present

I will always remember Somchai Wongsawat's earpiece more or less falling out when he was trying to listen to instructions over a vocal crowd. cheesy.gif

Couldn't imagine any debate with Yingluck will be any different. ohmy.png

She's can't debate him on TV anyway. The EC will try to ban her if she does. He's not a politician with a political party anymore, so they can't ban Suthep.

It's a pity he's not sincere, but it was worth offering talks.

It's more telling that Abhisit is all but gone from politics now. You almost never see him, what happened to all the Democrat MPs too? It's like they melted away like snowmen. So on the Democrat side there really isn't anyone who stands for them as a party seeking election now. They're 100% plutocratic power grab now.

do you really believe Suthep is the true leader

I though every one with a brain knows the real power is standing behind the curtain waiting

whey get involved, the PTP we only use it against them later

My god even my thai wife has worked this one out

"In principle, such talks must be held in secret," Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit said.

Very unsurprising coming from the slimy convicted liar waiting to serve his time in prison.

That's how he prefers to operate.

Those are his principles.

Edited by Davidhere

If this was to be a genuine political debate, surely it should be Yingluck v Abhisit..??

Yes correct, I also stated this a few days ago, in addition both parties should talk to the general public in order to inform and advice them of their political activity in respect of the country should they be elected.

In addition both parties should inform the public about the negative aspects of the other party and outline the details that have causes problems for the country and the general public

The public will then be in a position to select the party they want into power and do so by by the next general election, and the opposing party has to accept it.

Those activities should have been done from the beginning of the political problems, and not the current violent street protests.

A Televised debate about what? Suthep must know this is a sparrow brained idea and Yingluck will never agree to it unless he stops his stale demonstrations.

Televised debates are used for campaigning and policy debates. To seek a televised debate about conflict resolution when the gaps are soooo large is just plain dumb.

This is just spin from Suthep so he can say he tried to talk and she rejected it. His image has been battered by refusing to negotiate for over 4 months.

• Like 1

suthep may be a moron but this is a good idea, although i'm scared neither of them would really engage in a productive conversation

something like bbc's question time would be even better, with both of them answering questions from an audience of normal thai people

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Typical for the Thaksinists to refuse open talks because they will loose face as finally even the most illiterate farmer will know that the only thing they did since in power is cheating and lying.

Challenge to the Red Shirt supporters: tell me 3 good things this government did during the last 3 years!

How about the increase of the minimum wage from 100baht to 300baht, tax cuts for everyone that came into effect in December 2013 and a public medical plan that covers all citizens.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Typical for the Thaksinists to refuse open talks because they will loose face as finally even the most illiterate farmer will know that the only thing they did since in power is cheating and lying.

Challenge to the Red Shirt supporters: tell me 3 good things this government did during the last 3 years!

Can you highlight 3 things the democrats did? Apart from fidel with the constitution, block all senate positions from being elected and sending the army to murder Thai citizens in cold blood

One on one debate. Nah, will not happen. Suthep is dreaming.

the premier said a team of experts must also be present

I will always remember Somchai Wongsawat's earpiece more or less falling out when he was trying to listen to instructions over a vocal crowd. cheesy.gif

Couldn't imagine any debate with Yingluck will be any different. ohmy.png

She's can't debate him on TV anyway. The EC will try to ban her if she does. He's not a politician with a political party anymore, so they can't ban Suthep.

It's a pity he's not sincere, but it was worth offering talks.

It's more telling that Abhisit is all but gone from politics now. You almost never see him, what happened to all the Democrat MPs too? It's like they melted away like snowmen. So on the Democrat side there really isn't anyone who stands for them as a party seeking election now. They're 100% plutocratic power grab now.

do you really believe Suthep is the true leader

I though every one with a brain knows the real power is standing behind the curtain waiting

whey get involved, the PTP we only use it against them later

My god even my thai wife has worked this one out

Your wife presumably speaks Thai so understands it far better than you.

So sure he's just a shouty front man for people behind the curtains, but the people behind the curtain can never come forward themselves, and they don't have a candidate as their actual 'Prime Minister'. Sutheps 'people's council' was supposed to be their front, but it degenerated into his 'popcorn council' and nobody wants to be the front man for this:

post-199953-0-45987100-1391354874_thumb.
Can you imagine a military man now as Prime Minister? A navy man??? You see how they have a big problem, their usual candidates are no good.

This is why they're trying for a 'neutral' PM. Having lost their choice of PM, they're now trying to get the MPs as theirs, and the Prime Minister as a neutral front that's easy to manipulate. Anand for example. Definitely not a neutral PM who might kick some butt, like Chuwit.

They also can't get involved either, nothing to do with PTP. It would let Yingluks backer come forward too. Ask your wife who Yingluks backer is (no not Thaksin, ask your wife). Then you'll understand this a lot better.

[added Chuwit Chuwit Chuwit.... they took so much effort to ensure Chuwit didn't get elected!]

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

Can you highlight 3 things the democrats did? Apart from fidel with the constitution, block all senate positions from being elected and sending the army to murder Thai citizens in cold blood

Get real, search for true answers. If you cannot come up with some favourable things the Dems did in office you are a true red and in denial.

I will tell you 1 thing, instead of giving everyone 300 baht per day after day one of winning the election they gave first 7 provinces only--the joke being they were being paid that amount already.

So forget the money missing--rice--water--tablets and the rest do you think posters have fell of the back of a number 9 bus ??

do you think that 90 % are stupid to swallow your comments

The Dems had what 2 years--your lot have had 3 years and ruined the country BEFORE Suthep arrived on the scene to rescue it. No matter what you think the rot has been put on hold and the rats are being exposed.

Just another thing who said that the wage went up from 100 baht to 300 baht ???

Get real, search for true answers. If you cannot come up with some favourable things the Dems did in office you are a true red and in denial.

I will tell you 1 thing, instead of giving everyone 300 baht per day after day one of winning the election they gave first 7 provinces only--the joke being they were being paid that amount already.

So forget the money missing--rice--water--tablets and the rest do you think posters have fell of the back of a number 9 bus ??

The Dems had what 2 years--your lot have had 3 years and ruined the country BEFORE Suthep arrived on the scene to rescue it. No matter what you think the rot has been put on hold and the rats are being exposed.

Right they did nothing except steal money from the petrol subsidy etc...

You completely failed to answer a reasonable question with your stupid trolling response, you obviously don't live in Thailand and read the Bangkok Post for your information.

Suthep has no power whatsoever. It is his backers who control his every move. Now they are realizing that ousting the government is not that easy, because in the game of political power, Thaksin is the master. They will not get what they want, which is absolute control over Thailand and ousting the Thaksin family. Also, the proses is taking so long that it is hurting their business interests, and the number of protesters have dwindled for every day. Internationally the protesters lost the legitimacy they once had. When they were fighting the amnesty bill, they had international support and sympathy. Then they made the mistake of attacking the Thai democracy, using violence and threats and causing problems for tourists and foreign investors. It's clear that they can't get what they want. Maybe they can get a partial victory if there is such a thing.

However, it is equally clear that the Thaksins can't govern like before. The country is too divided.

Democrats did lots of stuff:

1) Abhisit went to a lot of film premiers, boosting the movie theatre industry!, and a lot of Gala dinners boosting Thai cusiine!

2) They picked a fight with Cambodia over a bit of land in the middle of nowhere, boosting nation jingoism 88%!

3) They introduced a minimum price for rice, which was a corrupt paper transaction, increasing photocopying 66%!

4) They promised high speed railways and infrastrastructure improvements, a 90% increase in promises!

5) They paid for lots of new flag poles, very very expensive flag poles.

I'll admit, it's an impressive list.

Sarcasm aside, he asked you to make a *positive* case for the Democrats, but you didn't. Nobody ever does, this is why they're unelectable.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 2

A Televised debate about what? Suthep must know this is a sparrow brained idea and Yingluck will never agree to it unless he stops his stale demonstrations.

Televised debates are used for campaigning and policy debates. To seek a televised debate about conflict resolution when the gaps are soooo large is just plain dumb.

This is just spin from Suthep so he can say he tried to talk and she rejected it. His image has been battered by refusing to negotiate for over 4 months.

Just your opinion, many would disagree.

• Like 1

You completely failed to answer a reasonable question with your stupid trolling response, you obviously don't live in Thailand and read the Bangkok Post for your information.

Only lived here 33 years.

Think I answered many points put by you, did you read my answers. NO Troll

Your post is totally biased -it hardly deserves an answer. The dems scrapped the 30 baht charge Thaksin brought in for Hospital charge

The dems kept Thailand stable monetary wise during world crises, and did not squander --but you fail to acknowledge any corruption PTP have been involved in--so to talk on level terms with you who is in denial --not possible.

Look who used stupid for what ?? if you were more aware of the truth you may sit back and think what is right and wrong --something you are not aware of.

If you were you would recognize the wrongs of this government.

I read all news and watch 3 sat/tvs. do not think too much, be sure before thinking I do not live here and suggest I do not read.

Suthep has no power whatsoever. It is his backers who control his every move. Now they are realizing that ousting the government is not that easy, because in the game of political power, Thaksin is the master. They will not get what they want, which is absolute control over Thailand and ousting the Thaksin family. Also, the proses is taking so long that it is hurting their business interests, and the number of protesters have dwindled for every day. Internationally the protesters lost the legitimacy they once had. When they were fighting the amnesty bill, they had international support and sympathy. Then they made the mistake of attacking the Thai democracy, using violence and threats and causing problems for tourists and foreign investors. It's clear that they can't get what they want. Maybe they can get a partial victory if there is such a thing.

However, it is equally clear that the Thaksins can't govern like before. The country is too divided.

1979544_776167932412075_689173973_n.jpg

Looks to me like Thailand isn't divided at all.

Central World from last night.

C<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just your opinion, many would disagree.

Agree, discussions or opinions are the stepping stone to a transparent and fair conversation in a democracy where free speech is nurtured and encouraged.

Democrats did lots of stuff:

1) Abhisit went to a lot of film premiers, boosting the movie theatre industry!, and a lot of Gala dinners boosting Thai cusiine!

2) They picked a fight with Cambodia over a bit of land in the middle of nowhere, boosting nation jingoism 88%!

3) They introduced a minimum price for rice, which was a corrupt paper transaction, increasing photocopying 66%!

4) They promised high speed railways and infrastrastructure improvements, a 90% increase in promises!

5) They paid for lots of new flag poles, very very expensive flag poles.

I'll admit, it's an impressive list.

Sarcasm aside, he asked you to make a *positive* case for the Democrats, but you didn't. Nobody ever does, this is why they're unelectable.

I have an Idea you could be too lazy to look up the facts yourself--they are available.

I have reminded you of a few of them in reply to your pro government friend.

Your 1-5 speaks how neutral you are, your choice to be either clean or keep your blinkers on.

Your post is totally biased -it hardly deserves an answer. The dems scrapped the 30 baht charge Thaksin brought in for Hospital charge

The dems kept Thailand stable monetary wise during world crises, and did not squander --but you fail to acknowledge any corruption PTP have been involved in--so to talk on level terms with you who is in denial --not possible.

Look who used stupid for what ?? if you were more aware of the truth you may sit back and think what is right and wrong --something you are not aware of.

I read all news and watch 3 sat/tvs. do not think too much, be sure before thinking I do not live here and suggest I do not read.

Actually the 30 baht charge was dropped to zero by the military coup government of 2006. They also increased the fee per person paid by the government to 1800 baht/person. Also the original 30 baht scheme came from Thaksin. The claim it would bankrupt the hospitals was part of the justification for kicking out Thaksin in the first place! (They neglected to mention the 1500 baht paid by the government per person).

The Dems did this to the economy:

post-199953-0-49664500-1393156948_thumb.
So he ask for 3 things, and you have him zero things.
Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

Actually the 30 baht charge was dropped to zero by the military coup government of 2006. They also increased the fee per person paid by the government to 1800 baht/person. Also the original 30 baht scheme came from Thaksin. The claim it would bankrupt the hospitals was part of the justification for kicking out Thaksin in the first place! (They neglected to mention the 1500 baht paid by the government per person).

The Dems did this to the economy:

So he ask for 3 things, and you have him zero things.

So in the end I will have to totally agree with you all other parties are a waste of time and dimwits--and your party are the flavor of the 3 years in office.

Try to have a whip round with your FEW and pay the farmer for their rice--6 months now, but don't forget the farmer who voted for PTP most have been paid.

Now he wants to talk, Yingluk has been pleading with him to talk. Don't turn it into a media circus where he can rant and rave like he does on stage with the other clowns.

He still doesn't want to talk cause it's a watse of time. Noone but Thaksin makes decision. The call for the talk was to shut up the critics that we was being difficult. On his speech he said he would even talk to Thaksin.

This protesters consist of a number of fractions, PDRC bing the largest (and the youngest) one. All of them share the one same objective, ridding Thailand of the Shinawatras' influences.

Better if runner suthep had face to face talks with the police per his arrest warrant

Better still if runner Suthep had face to face talks with runner Thaksin.

Yingluck isn't a politician, and apparently still knows precious little about current political issues so there would be little point in her going up against Suthep. If Thaksin can't make it himself then he could nominate one of the DPMs to do the PMs job for her but both scenarios would be terminally embarrassing for Yingluck.

Suthep just loves to grandstand. Get Jerry Springer for moderator? If he actually wanted to end the conflict, the meetings should be private. Are the negotiations regarding Syria being broadcast live? No. Why not? They are trying to somehow resolve that mess, not earn popularity points. Suthep has been honing his skills for playing a crowd for several months, and this is just one more op to get ratings.

If she does somehow decide to join this circus, I would advise her to keep pressing him on "What are the details of your plan to reform democracy?", "Would you be in favor of all senators being elected and not appointed, since you say you are for absolute democracy", "Since your side won't trust the voters and elections, having refused to participate in the recent election, how can you say you are for democracy", and "Name your major financial backers"

• Like 1

The language of an hypocritical puppet :

"If the protest leader’s demands were beyond her constitutional power, the premier said a team of experts must also be present in order to help suggest useful ideas for the benefit of the whole country."

This is in fact exactly what Suthep wanted to demonstrate in asking for a TV debate. whistling.gif

Edited by Gil