Any absolute confirmation that the PS4 is now in Thailand?

kimbathewhitelion

Will be picking up one in the US within the next month or so but when I come back will need the appropriate power supply for the region. Just want to confirm, otherwise I'll wait & just go to Malaysia when I come back a couple weeks later. Malaysia is a little bit more expensive than America but much cheaper than Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Ps4 is dual voltage so just grab one for 400$ in the US if you regularly go home in case of the need of warranty... Otherwise grab one in HK or Singapore as the warranty applies all around SEA. Cheapest I've seen around on thai website is 16,000 baht

Ps4 is dual voltage so just grab one for 400$ in the US if you regularly go home in case of the need of warranty... Otherwise grab one in HK or Singapore as the warranty applies all around SEA. Cheapest I've seen around on thai website is 16,000 baht

I just don't trust Thai quality esp., off Thai web companies. Omitted. I'll just get it in the US, I don't travel there often, but flight/hotel to HK or Singapore would have to be factored into the budget on top of the console. The US is a must return & outside of budget. But appreciate of which I didn't know, the dual voltage of the power brick.

Thailand definitely has them, I think that the "Thai" ones are only available via Sony style though, although other places have ones which they've imported from Singapore. I'd assume you can then buy a Thailand powerpack/cord, although I don't know what type of cord you'd need, thus it might be expensive (Although you can probably of course use an adaptor).

I don't have mine yet, but they called earlier this week to say it's available for pickup (I missed out on the first batch which were delivered to Thailand). So I just have to drive 6h to Bangkok to pick it up /sigh. Hopefully they don't sell it to someone else before I arrive.

Thailand definitely has them, I think that the "Thai" ones are only available via Sony style though, although other places have ones which they've imported from Singapore. I'd assume you can then buy a Thailand powerpack/cord, although I don't know what type of cord you'd need, thus it might be expensive (Although you can probably of course use an adaptor).

I don't have mine yet, but they called earlier this week to say it's available for pickup (I missed out on the first batch which were delivered to Thailand). So I just have to drive 6h to Bangkok to pick it up /sigh. Hopefully they don't sell it to someone else before I arrive.

Thanks.

What was your cost?

I'm not sure as I haven't paid for it yet, and wasn't really listening when they said the price, I think it was around 20k give or take a little. I don't have many choices, since I want a Thai version rather than overseas version.

Also they said that the package I wanted including bf4, or indeed any games, wasn't included in the stock which had arrived.

They said I could take a PS4 either with or without camera, and that if I wanted a combo with a game as well I could wait a couple of weeks for when the new combo comes out (but they don't know specifically when or what game it'll be lol).

I told them I'm not too fussed about a game anyway, as I don't think the game was really discounted by much in the combo anyway, and I can probably buy games online anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Is there a "Thai" model? If you have seen them what is the SKU number or does it have any Thai script on the box.

I'm guessing that any model sold here is still the Malaysia and Singapore SKU which is CUH-1006 off the top of my head. These have been sold in Thailand since late December when I bought mine. They also have the 1 year Asian warranty.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

By Thai model I simply mean the model sold inThailand which should therefore come with Thai plugs, as opposed to Malaysian/Singapore plugs.

I have no idea whether it'll come with a Thai language option or not.

By Thai model I simply mean the model sold inThailand which should therefore come with Thai plugs, as opposed to Malaysian/Singapore plugs.

I have no idea whether it'll come with a Thai language option or not.

The PSU is built into the PS4 so the power cable can be easily changed to a cable with the Thai plug and a figure-8 connector. I cannot remember which cable came with my Singapore PS4 but wherever you but a PS4 from will definitely sell power cables in the same building and this type is very common.

Looking here http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Countries Shows that the Thailand version which started to sell here on 14th January is SKU CUH-1006 which is the standard Asia model and only has English language.

It will no doubt be more expensive than buying the Asia model from MBK so just buy the cheaper model and buy a cable with a Thai plug if it doesn't come with one.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by KunMatt

Thanks. Can close the the topic. Will buy it in US with a ton of games & buy the power supply here if I have problems.

There is no power supply to purchase, all you might need is a common power cord with a Thai plug, or an adapter from a US plug to your Thai power outlet plug, or purchase a power strip which is multi plug so you can use any country's plug.

One advantage of purchasing a US PS4 is that it will play Blu Ray movie disks that are region locked to the States (Region A I think). Most Blu Ray movies are region free these days so will work in any PS4 but certain box sets and niche movies are still region locked.

With the games, depending on your PSN account region you might want to only purchase games from the same region otherwise DLC will not work for games and PSN account regions that are not the same. That said, a lot of shops here sell the Asian and US region games in Thailand, they are just much more expensive than what you could purchase them for back home. All of my games are UK digital downloads on the PS4 so far cuz I cannot find any UK region games here and my PSN is UK.

Thanks. Can close the the topic. Will buy it in US with a ton of games & buy the power supply here if I have problems.

There is no power supply to purchase, all you might need is a common power cord with a Thai plug, or an adapter from a US plug to your Thai power outlet plug, or purchase a power strip which is multi plug so you can use any country's plug.

One advantage of purchasing a US PS4 is that it will play Blu Ray movie disks that are region locked to the States (Region A I think). Most Blu Ray movies are region free these days so will work in any PS4 but certain box sets and niche movies are still region locked.

With the games, depending on your PSN account region you might want to only purchase games from the same region otherwise DLC will not work for games and PSN account regions that are not the same. That said, a lot of shops here sell the Asian and US region games in Thailand, they are just much more expensive than what you could purchase them for back home. All of my games are UK digital downloads on the PS4 so far cuz I cannot find any UK region games here and my PSN is UK.

Quite & thank you for the valuable info. Didn't know the PS power was just a cord, I'm so used to the XBOX power brick. I only plan to be back in the US for a couple weeks so won't have time to setup a PSN account until I return here. Though before I leave I will verify it works & test the games of course.

Quite & thank you for the valuable info. Didn't know the PS power was just a cord, I'm so used to the XBOX power brick. I only plan to be back in the US for a couple weeks so won't have time to setup a PSN account until I return here. Though before I leave I will verify it works & test the games of course.

You can setup a US PSN account from anywhere in the world, all you need is your home address. It doesn't matter that you are accessing the servers from outside the US when you register.

You can setup a US PSN account from anywhere in the world, all you need is your home address. It doesn't matter that you are accessing the servers from outside the US when you register.

Good info, though I knew about the region unlocked plan with the PS, I wasn't quite sure if corporate-locked America would allow accounts out. Another thank you!