EC is ready to hold tomorrow's election re-runs

Lite Beer

They had sensible and affordable policies - that is why THEY are not in this predicament now.

Tell me, in whose shoes would you rather be in at the moment, Abhisit or beleaguered Yingluck? I know who out of the two is sleeping better at night and doesn't feel that the world is against them!!!!

Who would I rather be? One is an irrelevant wash-up with murder charges hanging over their head and the other is the leader of the most powerful and popular political movement this country has ever seen and will continue to be so into the foreseeable future. Bit of a no brainer really.

Wrong answer!!! I gave you a one out of two chance of getting it right (even throwing in some substantial clues) and you still flunked itcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

In another thread.. Families of the deceased at Big C have pressed murder charges against her.

Yingluck responsible for some as yet unidentified murderer launching a grenade into a crowd...that's a long bow to draw.

Rather than debate the issue perhaps silence is the best way to respect the absolute tragedy of the deaths of the non political children.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

accounding the the constitution, the PTP must form a government within 30 days after the general election. So their deadline is the 3rd. Someone is gonna need to count the vote very quickly!

Probably already been done. thumbsup.gif

Wrong answer!!! I gave you a one out of two chance of getting it right (even throwing in some substantial clues) and you still flunked itcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

In another thread.. Families of the deceased at Big C have pressed murder charges against her.

No worry. The dem's pdrc/pcad are using children - Shame

attachicon.gifChildrenAtRally.jpg

The shame's yours!!!

Wow, you are scared of the truth. Who exposed these children to danger of being killed?

# 34: ''Wow, you are scared of the truth. Who exposed these children to danger of being killed?''

This statement seems to be placing the blame for the tragic deaths of those children onto their parents.

We're all entitled to opinions, but personally, I'd blame the people who threw the grenades.

There again, we've seen how the UDD Rally in Korat reacted to those tragic deaths.

• Like 2

No reason to block, it won't be able to get a quorum or stand up to scrutiny afterwards.

Yes, there have been elections and yes some hand to hand vote buying occurred,

but.... THAT WASN'T WAT WAS STEALING THE ELECTIONS.

Plus the obvious gerrymandering and manipulations, sure there was an

'outward appearance of democracy', but that doesn't mean it was really democracy,

as most of the world understands it.

Yes, there are royalist aligned factions against Thaksin,

there are also royalist aligned factions AGAINST Thaksin too.

It has never been as cut an dried on either side as their opponents

would make you believe. But that doesn't mean either side has not learned

from their process in ongoing stupidities , nor that they still don't see,

the power of the people and the rightful benefits of making the country side folks part of the entire picture.

• Like 1

I think most people on here do accept that the Dems have bodged up their attempts to be voted in and accepted by the red area, without doubt.

What most people want is a fair Government that looks out for the whole of the country and its people. PTP proved that they weren't that type of Government by almost creating civil war by bringing in a bill that that looked after the elite of their own corrupt selves and to hell with everyone else. The same government that were pocketing tax payers money, left right and centre.

This country and its people deserve better. If PTP had done their job properly, none of all this would have happened. All it needed to do, was focus on the people, not Thaksin. Done a fair pledging rice scheme, that had secure balances and checks in place, to reduce corruption. To produce a fairer tax system where the rich pay more, so better schools and services are supplied to the poorer areas.

Have the Dems done this? NO.

Have PTP, which is supposed to be their saviour? Hell, have they.

Actions speak louder than words, and PTP should remember that.

I'd say that sums it up nicely. Hopefully they leaned a lesson. No more 4 AM amnesty bills for the dear leader in Dubai. That's what started this mess.

• Like 2

The shame's yours!!!

Wow, you are scared of the truth. Who exposed these children to danger of being killed?

The pro-government goon squad with the frigging bombs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

And what defeat is that?

I would assume it is the defeat(s) of the multiple attempts over the previous decade to overthrow elected governments, subvert the rule of law and end electoral democracy in Thailand by a self interested minority.

Kapeesh?

Or it is the defeat of the taskinites who are so sure of their rights to make up their own laws and con the Thai people

the can not see the end coming in the courts

Their will be many Farlangs losing FACE on TVF when this happens

Dem has good policy? Why they lost elections for the last 20 years? Oh, I know, it must be vote buying again.

Send from my Mobile

They had sensible and affordable policies - that is why THEY are not in this predicament now.

Tell me, in whose shoes would you rather be in at the moment, Abhisit or beleaguered Yingluck? I know who out of the two is sleeping better at night and doesn't feel that the world is against them!!!!

Who would I rather be? One is an irrelevant wash-up with murder charges hanging over their head and the other is the leader of the most powerful and popular political movement this country has ever seen and will continue to be so into the foreseeable future. Bit of a no brainer really.

Hi friend

how is La la land these days

I see you still write on TVF

I hate to tell you this

they where never killed

so they can not be charged with Murder

Now Yinluck a whole new ball game

• Like 1

Yep.... You won't face any more opposition to completing the elections, enough data has now been leaked to confirm that the elections will be voided by the constitutional court and fresh elections held of which the PTP and YL will no longer have caretaker power, and the Dems will absolutely walk into power.

Oh happy days.

Sounds good to me. Need to get rid of inept fake PM and have a better government inplace. Abhisit and co did a much better job than this lot. Korn was a decent and qualified finance minister rather than the recycled red shirt leaders used for the current government ministers.

• Like 2

# 34: ''Wow, you are scared of the truth. Who exposed these children to danger of being killed?''

This statement seems to be placing the blame for the tragic deaths of those children onto their parents.

We're all entitled to opinions, but personally, I'd blame the people who threw the grenades.

There again, we've seen how the UDD Rally in Korat reacted to those tragic deaths.

wow two days ago the same posters who are now blaming the parents where scream the the government worker hed the right to walk where ever she wanted

today the parent had no right to run a business on a pubic street as a family

How quick we are to change our opinions to suit our bias

• Like 1

Whenever the EC dismisses any concerns over possible violence against the polling by the opposition, I just want to hold my breath because it just seems to invite the violence. No mention of police or military to enforce against any violence. I hope the EC isn't (again) that shortsighted or naive (gain) for the sake of public safety and constitutional right to vote.

accounding the the constitution, the PTP must form a government within 30 days after the general election. So their deadline is the 3rd. Someone is gonna need to count the vote very quickly!

But, a genuine question, is that to be interpreted as 30 days after the day of the election, or, given the disruption inflicted upon the polls, 30 days after the election is completed?

If the former, then a precedent has been set which will ensure that there will never again be an elected government in Thailand. Surely not what the constitution intends?

• Like 1

If enough constituency and party-list seats are filled tomorrow to make up the 95% requirement to allow parliament to sit, will we not be entering an entirely new ball game? Funny that no one seems to have mentioned this anywhere. Or has something slipped past me while I was sipping my Leo? burp.gif

And what defeat is that?

I would assume it is the defeat(s) of the multiple attempts over the previous decade to overthrow elected governments, subvert the rule of law and end electoral democracy in Thailand by a self interested minority.

Kapeesh?

I think most people on here do accept that the Dems have bodged up their attempts to be voted in and accepted by the red area, without doubt.

What most people want is a fair Government that looks out for the whole of the country and its people. PTP proved that they weren't that type of Government by almost creating civil war by bringing in a bill that that looked after the elite of their own corrupt selves and to hell with everyone else. The same government that were pocketing tax payers money, left right and centre.

This country and its people deserve better. If PTP had done their job properly, none of all this would have happened. All it needed to do, was focus on the people, not Thaksin. Done a fair pledging rice scheme, that had secure balances and checks in place, to reduce corruption. To produce a fairer tax system where the rich pay more, so better schools and services are supplied to the poorer areas.

Have the Dems done this? NO.

Have PTP, which is supposed to be their saviour? Hell, have they.

Actions speak louder than words, and PTP should remember that.

No, that was the Democrats led by PDRC led by Suthep that tried first to seize illegal power, then seized ballot boxes, then shot voters trying to free those boxes with popcorn gunman, then tried to talk up civil war to get a coup.

You make a lot of false accusations and a campaign speech, but you never tried to get elected.

The old trick of accusing your opponents of your own crimes, is just blah blah blah.

phutoie2 wrote:

This is a forum its all about opinions, forgot that one?. I lived here under Thaksin, never noted any form of dictatorship. My easily swayed opinion is, don't like here, clear off.

You're not the only one, who lived here during the dark ages <g>. And if you don't read newspapers, don't watch TV news and don't talk with you neighbors you will not know what's happening left and right from you.

Incidentially that was the same attitude Chalerm Yubamrung had, when he was in exile in Denmark for several years. He and his family were in a near-house-arrest situation, likely for fear they might get exposed or even infected with some "democracy fever". And we all know, what the result was...

Edited by SamMunich

Wow, election tomorrow?

Are there any candidates?

Instead of spending money on useless elections should add them to the payments of the rice farmers.

Why useless? The people are being given their opportunity to give their opinion. They can choose to support one of the many candidates running for office. An election poll is far more reliable and binding then these opinion polls. Many of Suthep's allies and friends are running for office in the areas that will be voting. If elected, they can advocate the Suthep platform in the place where it belongs, the legally elected House.

• Like 1

But, a genuine question, is that to be interpreted as 30 days after the day of the election, or, given the disruption inflicted upon the polls, 30 days after the election is completed?

If the former, then a precedent has been set which will ensure that there will never again be an elected government in Thailand. Surely not what the constitution intends?

The issue has already been discussed in full detail. There is an allowance for a delay caused due to a named "catastrophe" condition. The civil unrest meets that condition. Without the allowance for catastrophic events, a third party could conceivably block an election and render Thailand to be forever in a condition without an elected government.

Yep.... You won't face any more opposition to completing the elections, enough data has now been leaked to confirm that the elections will be voided by the constitutional court and fresh elections held of which the PTP and YL will no longer have caretaker power, and the Dems will absolutely walk into power.

Oh happy days.

The PTP might lose in those circumstances, but I doubt that the Democrats will win. The majority of Thai voters want government spending more evenly spread, meaning out of Bangkok http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2012/05/10/thailand-public-finance-management-review-report, The elites and the Bangkok voters, who the Democrats are dependent on, want the spending to stay in Bangkok.

Oh, and the Democrats have been calling the majority of the voters buffaloes for too long. Not a good campaign strategy.

Bearboxer:

They were either out shopping with their families or playing near their family's noodle restaurant.

Please stop trying to justify their murder by suggesting their families were in some way responsible to taking them there.

The scum the did this should be caught, tried and if guilty with very solid evidence executed. As should those responsible for commanding them at the highest level.

Unfortunately there is no competent unbiased investigation agency in Thailand capable of doing this, so they will probably escape punishment.

Wow, Bearboxer, you astonish me! A critque of the red shirts admirers of violence? Better don't tell Dab Daeng in Chonburi.

But now for real: The incapable police force is not only a major part in the corruption cycle, they are also too dumb to find any culprit unless some snitch points them the way. So the snitches should get the polices' salary...