Best place to convert THB to GBP?

Hello all,

Wondering where the best place is to convert THB to UK Sterling? Should i do it here in Thailand or in the UK. The last time i did it in the UK, i believe i was robbed of the true value. I have done it at Suvanabumi airport before and got what seemed like a pretty fair deal. Can anybody shed any more light on the subject?

Thanks

You cannot transfer THB out of Thailand and there is a limit to the amount of THB that you can carry out of the country in cash, THB 50K. So, you have one choice, convert your THB into GBP here in Thailand, that is actually a really good deal, exchange rate wise - converting THB into GBP in the UK is really silly because you loose so much.

You cannot transfer THB out of Thailand and there is a limit to the amount of THB that you can carry out of the country in cash, THB 50K. So, you have one choice, convert your THB into GBP here in Thailand, that is actually a really good deal, exchange rate wise - converting THB into GBP in the UK is really silly because you loose so much.

Yes, thats what i thought. I must have lost at least half the value of my Baht last time changing about 50k in the UK. You live and learn hey!!

So changing it in Thailand is the way to go then. So does anybody know where or what bank would give the best rate, or who are ussually reasonable?

Thank you

I use a place called " Super Rich".....(you can google it to find the locations .....I go to one near Pratunam)....One of the best exchange rates ....either way you go ...from GBP to baht or visa versa...

There's another private exchange place called "Vasu" on sukumvit near the Nana plaza.....today's rate 54.45 to buy.