Condo internet

Fabulousheart

Ok I know we are in Thailand but view Talay charges a lot of money for crappy wifi service and our building has been down for five days now. Every day it on,yo works a few hours and you never know when that will be. So today many of the condo owners went to the office today and got the typical Thai crap about put your name and condo number. So when we all asked for refund of money as we all prepaid 1,000 of b we get oh owner here tomorrow afternoon. Once you give money there is never getting it back in Thailand. Is there a solution to get money back as there are many pissed off people? I know I am delusional but thought I would ask

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

It is up and down every day here and you never know how long you will be able to use it.

I have used TOT in same building for 588 baht month for 4 years now and very little trouble. Never any satisfaction on any issue from girl in office at VT 1.

I hate having to use a shared connection, I would see if you can get your own router like the poster above rather than the wifi service you talk about. I have stayed in a condo in hua hin where this was not a problem I am sure you can do it for about 600b a month - you can also move this router to a new address if you move as you may have to sign for a 12 month contract (I have asked this question on here before about moving router) - but if its for work then you need it.

It's a matter of scale. In Jontien Long stay there are far less people than in View Talay 1 and they have just "fixed" the poor performance.

It is acceptable now but is nowhere near the speeds you would get in, say, a guesthouse with a dozen rooms or so.

In simple terms, WiFi does not scale well. If you can, I would recommend getting a cable connection(I think one of the view talays has this option)

If a building buys expensive load-balancing routers, and if it signs up for multiple high-bandwidth connections, and if it's all configured correctly then there is no reason why building wifi should not be as good as or better than having your own connection.

But the problem is that that's a lot of "ifs" and no building I have ever seen here does it properly. They mostly seem to just sign up for one regular 13Mbs ADSL connection which they then proceed to re-sell to all the units in the building, distributing it with a few domestic wifi access points and a 1500Baht ISP modem/router. And so it's crap.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also facing this in View Talay 1, the internet is killing me this month, its never been this bad. I even got a LAN connection from the office the other day but I think it uses the same router and does not seem to have fixed the problem much. I really need the internet with no interuptions, short of moving out I don't know what to do and it is going to be difficult to find another land lady as good as NaNa ....

does anyone know how to get this TOT internet installed because the lady in NaNa's bar said you still have to get permission from the office. I don't like talking to the woman in the office either, she seems to just ignore you when you have an issue.

I moved I needed good internet service and could never depend on it at view Talay 1. I went to cafe and beach wifi which worked better then view Talay 1. Once they receive your money there is no getting it back. Both a and b where entirely down and the manager was no where to be found. The office said give us your name and number on several page list and did nothing. They collect over 1,000 b a month for crap service and sadly I paid three months in advance. I am wondering if the tourist courts could do something about getting all of our money back lol

Where did you move? If it continues to go down I will have to move, I have the LAN connection, which seemed good all yesterday but went down this morning, I don't think it has fixed my internet problem. Someone on this thread said they have TOT but failed to respond to my message I sent him even though I see he's been online

I moved I needed good internet service and could never depend on it at view Talay 1. I went to cafe and beach wifi which worked better then view Talay 1. Once they receive your money there is no getting it back. Both a and b where entirely down and the manager was no where to be found. The office said give us your name and number on several page list and did nothing. They collect over 1,000 b a month for crap service and sadly I paid three months in advance. I am wondering if the tourist courts could do something about getting all of our money back lol

She looks at you like she can't understand with an aggressive look on her face, I think she didn't give me my mail once which went missing because I said there was a necklace coming for my GF...big mistake

I don't like talking to the woman in the office either, she seems to just ignore you when you have an issue.

Insist that she pay attention.

You'll get used to it.

Where did you move? If it continues to go down I will have to move, I have the LAN connection, which seemed good all yesterday but went down this morning, I don't think it has fixed my internet problem. Someone on this thread said they have TOT but failed to respond to my message I sent him even though I see he's been online

I just saw your message as I don't check TV that often. I replied to it.

Go to tukum Nd get a MIFI. Card to run your computer. It is over cellular network and works wherever you have Mobil service

No, he just needs any android smartphone and make an hotspot without adding any useless shxt to his computer.

No smartphone ? Buy a life...