feel like im dying

kranuan

4 days now in bed, aches on every part of my body, vomit, shits 40 times a day, fever, doc in clinic gave me an iv drip 4 days ago but she didnt finish bottle and threw me out as she was closing up clinic, charged me 1500 baht, i thought it was expensive.

what can help me ? on vitimin c pills, sponsor, electrolyte drinks.

thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get antibiotic Amoksil its penicilene good sh*** if u not alergic.

And get pills for diarohea..

Drink plenty water...

Most likely is bacteria in ur stomach from dirty foods...

I had it and this combination helped

mataleo

4 days now in bed, aches on every part of my body, vomit, shits 40 times a day, fever, doc in clinic gave me an iv drip 4 days ago but she didnt finish bottle and threw me out as she was closing up clinic, charged me 1500 baht, i thought it was expensive.

what can help me ? on vitimin c pills, sponsor, electrolyte drinks.

thanks

You are not dying.

You need Vitamin C, chicken soup, muti-vitamin if you have it, Ibuprofen, ice packs, Gatorade

Stay hydrated with Aura or Nestle's Minere.

Activated charcoal, bananas, chilled watermelon pieces,

Look online for more info.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

Edited by Donnie Brasco
  • Like 2

I get thoes symptoms after eating raw foods. Or like som tam with crushed raw crab...

But not that bad.

mataleo

Yeah, anybody whose been more than a year here and escaped the dreaded "tong sia" can consider themselves lucky.

All my friends have imodium and anti-biotics on hand for this. I thought every resident was well aware of the cure - maybe this is the first time the OP has had a serious case.

The sooner you can down the imodium the less severe the symptoms are. I'm not a fan if using anti-biotics willy nilly, but if you have a serious gut infection they do get rid of it.

Hey OP!!! Are you able to respond?

• Like 2

thanks,

heres an update, everytime i drink anything i need to run to toilet, just pure water coming out 4 days now really , its only 3pm and im still going every 15-20 mins on average. cant remember eating anything out of ordinary. my body is burning up but i am not sweating or havent sweated since sickness started. aches all over, lying in bed like a zombie , cant move. food or drink turns my guts, ate some pinapple last night which stayed down. headaches . really really sore muscles around my neck. no power even to walk or get up. put the air con on in room but i dont like the feel f it on my skin. thing is i did think it was heat stroke but i was not lying out that much in sun, maybe 2 hours. im in pattaya and i cannot afford a hospital.

cheers

OP - can you get somebody to go to a pharmacy for you. Ask reception or security staff at your hotel/condo and they will go for you. Get the imodium and tell them you have "tong-seeya" or "bidt" or "jeb-thong". The pharmacy will give you the correct anti-biotics.

Can you do that??

Edited by Gsxrnz

My understanding of Imodium was that it was only supposed to be used in times when you are unable to get to a toilet, such as traveling. If you can get to a toilet, better to give whatever you have got in your system, a chance of getting out. Only my layman's understanding though. Agree with the advice of getting checked in to a hospital.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Hospital can be expensive tho

mataleo

Gotta be a better option than dying? ....

If you refuse to go to hospital. I personally would go with:

Cipro 2x a day

Bioflor Probiotics 2x a day

Tylenol for fever and pains

Thats it. Forget the rest.

Edited by negreanu

If the OP has a raised temperature and is suffering virtually continuous diarrhea for 4 days he needs urgent medical evaluation.

If the OP doesn't have a raised temperature and is suffering virtually continuous diarrhoea for 4 days he still needs urgent medical evaluation: it could be cholera.

Sounds like food poisoning but could be many things. Vomiting and the squirts for that long mean you are likely very dehydrated now and should be in a hospital.

Get to a hospital and get a proper diagnosis.

make sure to check for hepatitis virus which is common virus caried by food workers

Sent from my ST25i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app