Chang watt.?

Nothing has changed in the past week CW is still closed.

I been twice now to Suksawat from Sathorn in a taxi via Bhumibol 1 Bridge in about 20-25 mins and very quick service for Frang there. It maybe a better option for some than Lad Phrao depending where your living in Bangkok

Can you please give full addresses? I am coming and will need to get an extension. Which one is best from Sukumvit soi 4? How do i get there? BTS? Taxi? Combo?

Thanks

Info here: Immigration services at Cheang Wattana now suspended

I suggest you read the topic text and then go to last page and work you way back to get directions.

I would say up the tollway from near Nana/Ploenchit and up to Lad Prao. However, the Big C at Imperial Lad Prao is nowhere near Central Lad Prao, and is about another 3 miles along the Lad Prao Road. Some of the cabbies seem to know it now, anyway.

The Big C concerned is quite grubby and 1970s. You need to find your way to the 5th floor on the Right side of the complex, going past 100 DVD shops and 200 noodle shops. There are some small signs with arrows once you get to the 3rd floor, but...

This Visa office is generally used only by Myanmar or Cambodian labourers who sign in every 90 days. It is not modern, and the queues on both days I went were pretty bad. My pal had to wait two hours to get his 90-day thing.

I have no idea re. the other office, which is over the river somewhere. Perhaps it is more stress-free?

Eddy

Actually Imperial World Department Store was built well after the 70's and not too bad when new but just never paid for itself; and building never completed. It is best to use elevators well back in building to 5th floor and then circle the ice skating rink viewing area as immigration will be in far corner - but it is rather modern with call and sign queues working in an air conditioned large room (initial queue number are outside to the right). A week ago took me 1 hour for 90 day report with 50 ahead of me so not too bad.

Can you please give full addresses? I am coming and will need to get an extension. Which one is best from Sukumvit soi 4? How do i get there? BTS? Taxi? Combo?

Thanks

For Imperial building in Lad Phrao, which is extremely easy to get to from Sukhumvit Road:

1. Take MRT to Lad Phrao from Sukhumvit

2. Emerge on Lad Phrao Road and go to bus stop just outside, going south easterly direction. Take bus 8, 27,44 92, 96 or a number of others going east and ask for "Big C" when paying.

3. Get off at Big C (around 15-20 minutes or longer depending on traffic), the building is large and obvious, and on same side of road as bus is travelling so easy to spot.

4. Entrance to Imperial building is right next to Big C, in same complex. Immigration is on 5th floor , I walked through a car park to get to it after using a lift near the back.

Edited by partington

Just for info- I did a 90-day report at Lad Phrao yesterday (Monday). They do have a lunch hour posted , but not sure what it was or if they use it as I arrived at 3.30pm.

Queue was at 259, I was number 295 , wandered off for 20 minutes, came back - what the?! -queue was only at 262!

Wandered off for another 40 minutes, expecting speed to be the same, but on returning they were serving no. 300! Luckily was able to shove my completed documents in one of the windows while apologising, and they processed them, taking approx 40 seconds to do so.

So watch out if you use this office, as speeds are very variable. Great temptation to leave for refreshments if you think the wait will be long, because it's hot, crowded and uncomfortable to hang around in.