Immigration services at Cheang Wattana now suspended

As of today immigration services at CW-road in BKK are suspended till further notice because of the closure of CW-road itself.

Immigration services fully available at two alternate locations.

Due to the demonstrations, Immigration services provided at Government Complex Center are suspended

Our temporary offices are :
1. Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Major Hollywood Suksawat, 1st Floor,
Suksawat Road, Ratburana, Bangkok. Click here to view a map
2. Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Imperial World Ladprao, 5th Floor,
Ladprao Road, Wang Tong Lang, Bangkok. Click here to view a map

This temporary service will be started from January 13rd, 2014 until the situation improves.
We apologise for inconvenience.
Service time Mon-Fri 10:30 - 18:30 Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

Note the different opening times!

Services available till further notice.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this doesn't include mailing in my 90 day report as I just sent that in today!

The date on my receipt is Feb 6 so I'm plenty early, but I just saw a Richard Barrow Tweet RE: this same announcement about actually going to CW. I live in BKK so CW is where I send my reports to under normal circumstances.

Edited by emanphoto

Any further info from those in the know as to mailed in 90 day reports? I'm glad I sent mine in early but I'm still slightly worried about this.

Thanks for any news on this!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I hope this doesn't include mailing in my 90 day report as I just sent that in today!

The date on my receipt is Feb 6 so I'm plenty early, but I just saw a Richard Barrow Tweet RE: this same announcement about actually going to CW. I live in BKK so CW is where I send my reports to under normal circumstances.

Has EMS tracking yet indicated whether or not your 90-day report has been safely delivered at CW?

Good point!Didn't check yet as sent yesterday and have been moving/packing all day today. Will check mañana

I hope this doesn't include mailing in my 90 day report as I just sent that in today! The date on my receipt is Feb 6 so I'm plenty early, but I just saw a Richard Barrow Tweet RE: this same announcement about actually going to CW. I live in BKK so CW is where I send my reports to under normal circumstances.
Has EMS tracking yet indicated whether or not your 90-day report has been safely delivered at CW?
Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is it easy to get to the lad prao immigration location? MRT to Lad Prao station, but then what? That whole area is blocked off from the protesters right? I'm not sure i can get a taxi. Anyone here know that area and the current situation?

Edited by Caliguy

Is it easy to get to the lad prao immigration location? MRT to Lad Prao station, but then what? That whole area is blocked off from the protesters right? I'm not sure i can get a taxi. Anyone here know that area and the current situation?

I noticed that you found an answer to your post here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696210-imperial-world-latprao-access/

Others may find it useful also.

Yup I went through the wars today, Started early by taking a Scotter taxi from Mo Chit to Chaeng Wattana only to find it was closed, Scotter driver then managed to con me into going to the makeshift Lad Prao office which was a nightmare trip on the motorway, The lad Prao office is a disaster, Nobody to answer detailed questions and you have to talk through a hole it a window. This time round I didn't take my wife and son because the officer last year clearly told us it wasn't necessary so they then refused to process my extension. Almost completely lost it and threw my stuff at the woman

Can anyone tell me is it OK to extend your non O on the day it expires which will be tomorrow??

Cheers

If air is blocked and immi too we may all be permanent residents soon.

Seriously this must very distressing for elderly sick ,those who have busier lives than those able to camp protesting for weeks..

Does confirm what old hands know far from ASEAN hub an emerging democracy in the 21st century its a third world kleptocracy

Yup I went through the wars today, Started early by taking a Scotter taxi from Mo Chit to Chaeng Wattana only to find it was closed, Scotter driver then managed to con me into going to the makeshift Lad Prao office which was a nightmare trip on the motorway, The lad Prao office is a disaster, Nobody to answer detailed questions and you have to talk through a hole it a window. This time round I didn't take my wife and son because the officer last year clearly told us it wasn't necessary so they then refused to process my extension. Almost completely lost it and threw my stuff at the woman

Can anyone tell me is it OK to extend your non O on the day it expires which will be tomorrow??

Cheers

Your wife always needs to go with you for an extension of stay based upon marriage. You got wrong info from officer last year.

You can do it on the last day but be sure you have all your documents in order.

FYI - I went to Lat Phrao this morning (15 Jan). I am unfamiliar with the Lat Phrao area. From my home it was BTS to Aoske. Then MRT to Lat Phrao station. I took Exit 1 to street and showed motorbike taxi where I wanted to go from the map. 100 baht and it was a long straight shot down Lat Phrao road to the Big C, where Immigration is located. (No lawbreakers tying up & snarling traffice)

I arrived about 10.00. Note: elevators to 5th Floor do not start running until 10.30 - take the escalator up. On the 5th Fl bear to right and you will see the people heading to Immigration.

Inside it seems about as organized as a soup sandwich but once you find out what table in what hallway you need to be at, everything works well. I did a 90-day report and had the stamps from an expired passport transferred to my new passport. The whole proceedure took about 1 hr 15 min. But be warned the place was packed with people - maybe I was just lucky.

2 things about the stamp transfer - my last stamp in my expired passport was good until 7 June 2014. However, the stamp in new passport is good til 22 July 2014. I've no idea why the extra month. (I asked about it but gave up trying to understand what the Officer told me.) After being handed my passport, I also noticed they did not transfer my re-entry stamp so asked about that. Here there was some confusion by Immigration. The Officer said I would have to complete a new re-entry form and pay their fee. I argued I already had a re-entry stamp in old passport good until 7 June 2014. This Officer was adamant about a new stamp + fee. But she tired of arguing and sent me inside where there is a set of windows ('D' Section) doing nothing but re-entry stamp processing. At this window the Officer said there was no problem transferring the old stamp to new passport - BUT, he said the stamp transfer would show the old expiry date of 7 June and not the date of my new retirement extension stamp that is 22 July.

Also - Am not sure if I needed to or not, but with new stamp in new passport I thought I would head on over to the Driver Licensing office near Chatuchak Park. and update my passport # and my new address. There were 2 areas where the lawbreakers had things all screwed up but after some detouring, the taxi made it. The Land Transportation compound is all locked down and the security out in front told my taxi driver they had no idea when business inside would resume.

• Like 2

No the whole isnt blocked off by protesters, at least it wasnt this morning.

FYI - I went to Lat Phrao this morning (15 Jan). I am unfamiliar with the Lat Phrao area. From my home it was BTS to Aoske. Then MRT to Lat Phrao station. I took Exit 1 to street and showed motorbike taxi where I wanted to go from the map. 100 baht and it was a long straight shot down Lat Phrao road to the Big C, where Immigration is located. (No lawbreakers tying up & snarling traffice)

I arrived about 10.00. Note: elevators to 5th Floor do not start running until 10.30 - take the escalator up. On the 5th Fl bear to right and you will see the people heading to Immigration.

Inside it seems about as organized as a soup sandwich but once you find out what table in what hallway you need to be at, everything works well. I did a 90-day report and had the stamps from an expired passport transferred to my new passport. The whole proceedure took about 1 hr 15 min. But be warned the place was packed with people - maybe I was just lucky.

2 things about the stamp transfer - my last stamp in my expired passport was good until 7 June 2014. However, the stamp in new passport is good til 22 July 2014. I've no idea why the extra month. (I asked about it but gave up trying to understand what the Officer told me.) After being handed my passport, I also noticed they did not transfer my re-entry stamp so asked about that. Here there was some confusion by Immigration. The Officer said I would have to complete a new re-entry form and pay their fee. I argued I already had a re-entry stamp in old passport good until 7 June 2014. This Officer was adamant about a new stamp + fee. But she tired of arguing and sent me inside where there is a set of windows ('D' Section) doing nothing but re-entry stamp processing. At this window the Officer said there was no problem transferring the old stamp to new passport - BUT, he said the stamp transfer would show the old expiry date of 7 June and not the date of my new retirement extension stamp that is 22 July.

Also - Am not sure if I needed to or not, but with new stamp in new passport I thought I would head on over to the Driver Licensing office near Chatuchak Park. and update my passport # and my new address. There were 2 areas where the lawbreakers had things all screwed up but after some detouring, the taxi made it. The Land Transportation compound is all locked down and the security out in front told my taxi driver they had no idea when business inside would resume.

What was your extension renewal date prior to last years? Is it possible that your old passport was expiring on June 7th and they only gave you the extension until then. That is the only reason I can think for them giving you until July 22nd.

When they transfer a re-entry permit the can't change the date of expiration.

Ubon Joe - I believe you are correct. I recall year they only gave me an 11-month stamp as my passport expired in June. So, I guess, today they added that extra month back on.

Also - forgot to put in my 1st post - from info provide at a different Immigration topic here, I downloaded and filled out the form to transfer a stamp, I had original + copy of US Embassy letter requesting they transfer stamps + I had copied all the relevant pages from old & new passport. When I handed all these docs + old and new passport to the Officer she kept the 2 passports, gave back my docs and a numbered ticket. I sat down and then began wondering if I'd spend 30 or so minutes waiting and someone from the back would come out, ask for my docs, then put my stuff at the bottom of the pile. So, I went back to the Officer who took my passports and asked if she didn't want all the docs. She said No but her partner took them, saw their form to request a stamp transfer on top and took that. I asked her is she wanted Embassy letter and she took that. She declined any of the other copies I'd made.

Can we just go to the airport and get our multiple re-entry even if it is not an emergency?

It does not have to be an emergency to get a re-entry permit when leaving the country at the airport.

Both airports in Bangkok have re-entry permit desks open 24 hours a day. You can get a single or multiple entry there.

Can we just go to the airport and get our multiple re-entry even if it is not an emergency?

It does not have to be an emergency to get a re-entry permit when leaving the country at the airport.

Both airports in Bangkok have re-entry permit desks open 24 hours a day. You can get a single or multiple entry there.

I'm flying out for a few days mid next month and plan on a new multiple re-entry. I'd like to just go there now and get in in advance. Anyone know if that's possible and how would you get to the desk since I believe it is inside the security area at passport control?