PM Yingluck flies to Isaan

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ho can that be worse that causing the loss of 15 Billion US$ by Kamnan Suthep?

Inspect, as in go and observe and prance around whilst doing nothing productive; flash back to the massive flooding when she went via helicopter, standing around on planks (less think than her of course) in designer boots over the heads of the locals who were neck high in water.

What a complete parasite.

If those 'piles' of paper were a priority, they'd be read pronto- what we have here are more excuses to delay facing the music. Boy, running from responsibility sure runs in the family.

Would laugh if disgruntled farmers who got shafted from the rice scheme find the locations she's heading, and show up. You can't run forever woman- just makes your problems and lines in your Chinese face deeper.

Nickymaster, on 06 Mar 2014 - 11:31, said:

And the money wasting trips continue...

Yes, a deliberate attempt to empty the treasury. Do you not want her to take an interest in the drought areas of Isaan? You realize that drought affects rice farmers - wasn't she being blamed not so very long ago for not caring about the rice farmers. I wish you anti's would be consistent in your bleatings............

No, no, no. More likely she needs some time away from it all to prepare herself for the NACC testimony she's to deliver in person next week rolleyes.gif

At the same time, why don't Abhisit and Suthep visit Northern Thailand and rally the support of people from that region to give more credence to their claim that they are the true VOICE of the people? Or is that just a lot of hot air from Mr. Suthep and Mr. Abhisit?

Why she not begin for a change her inspection tour in the south?

Let say in Narathiwat, Pattani and Satun?

Politics everywhere is a lot of hot air.........it's all about re election!.........quality of life of the people?..........What people??? The tax paying public.

Oh come on - they've gone there to see where the water has gone - I can see her standing in front of the good people up there asking them - but what did you do with the water - why is it gone - no we didn't bring any water with us - we will start an investigation with the DSI "who took the water" - I'll bet Suthep has something to do with it................DSI to charge Suthep for taking and hiding the water - PDRC to blame for water shortage - it is against International Standard for water - Charlerm to find the water in 30 days - BAAC to give water back by next week - BAAC says we have run out of water - China to sell water back to Thailand

• Like 2

The voice of the majority sitting on the other side of the political divide does not bode well for yingluck. She escapes to her minority stronghold to look at a drought as opposed to working with her lawyers on her upcoming NACC case.

I wonder if she would go to a drought in the south? Seems everything that needs the caretaker PM's attention is up north.

When I was home 2 weeks ago, all the local irrigation canals had plenty of water running through them, and a lot of the paddies were starting to get flooded, it must be only certain areas within Issan, as in the Chokchai-Khonburi area, it didn't seem like there was a lack of water..

Gemini, are you a Thai by anychance? your hatred for the woman seems like an obsession, did she give you a knock back or something before to show such contempt and hatred for her? What did she do to you to mave such a personal dislike for her? Just curious, she's just a political figure to me, I neither like nor dislike her, as she doesn't mean anything to me, she's never pissed me off as such..

The voice of the majority sitting on the other side of the political divide does not bode well for yingluck. She escapes to her minority stronghold to look at a drought as opposed to working with her lawyers on her upcoming NACC case. I wonder if she would go to a drought in the south? Seems everything that needs the caretaker PM's attention is up north.

Why would she work with her lawyers to prepare for the NACC case? First of all, she would not understand what they are talking about, and secondly, she has no intention of actually answering to the charges. I suspect that she will be in Dubai once she realizes that she can't dodge the charges any longer.

The voice of the majority sitting on the other side of the political divide does not bode well for yingluck. She escapes to her minority stronghold to look at a drought as opposed to working with her lawyers on her upcoming NACC case. I wonder if she would go to a drought in the south? Seems everything that needs the caretaker PM's attention is up north.

Why would she work with her lawyers to prepare for the NACC case? First of all, she would not understand what they are talking about, and secondly, she has no intention of actually answering to the charges. I suspect that she will be in Dubai once she realizes that she can't dodge the charges any longer.

i suspect that she needs time to liquidate and move her assets offshore.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

" ... the caretaker prime minister has requested postponement of the date to testify the National Anti Corruption Commission on the rice-pledging scheme controversy, citing reason of a huge pile of paper document to look into. "

What paper work ? She is no longer caretaker prime minister, and the people accompanying her are no longer caretaker cabinet ministers. Each and every one are now private citizens. In terms of the real paper work that Ms. Yingluck has to do now is to prepare her defense for the NACC ( which she ought to have doing for over a year now ). She has dodged the NACC at every turn. She refused to show up at their request two weeks ago. The NACC bent their own rules to give her lawyer the evidence to review yesterday, even though she had forfeited that right by failing to show up. Now, she gives this incredulous and - because of that, highly disrespectful excuse to the NACC. And now, she's back in Isaan. Well, she can stay there.

Agree, and further:

- Perhaps electioneering, trying to keep in the good books of the rural folks as much as is possible.

- What does she know about drought / floods / water management? She has numerous water experts at her fingertips to get on top of this as much as is possible, she should be in Bangkok handling the political situation, and showing some respect for the judicial process.

Chiang Mai in the North, now Issan,but afraid to

show her face around Bangkok or down South

the PM seems to only worry about the sheep

that vote for her and the party,seems the rest

of the country can sod off.

regards Worgeordie

Yes, a deliberate attempt to empty the treasury. Do you not want her to take an interest in the drought areas of Isaan? You realize that drought affects rice farmers - wasn't she being blamed not so very long ago for not caring about the rice farmers. I wish you anti's would be consistent in your bleatings............

And what is she going to do to help them by going there and looking at dry fields which are often dry at this time of year - Ah yes I know she will make it rain - maybe by posting a message in Facebook. She could help all the farmers immediately by her and her PT cronies resigning.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

" ... the caretaker prime minister has requested postponement of the date to testify the National Anti Corruption Commission on the rice-pledging scheme controversy, citing reason of a huge pile of paper document to look into. "

What paper work ? She is no longer caretaker prime minister, and the people accompanying her are no longer caretaker cabinet ministers. Each and every one are now private citizens. In terms of the real paper work that Ms. Yingluck has to do now is to prepare her defense for the NACC ( which she ought to have doing for over a year now ). She has dodged the NACC at every turn. She refused to show up at their request two weeks ago. The NACC bent their own rules to give her lawyer the evidence to review yesterday, even though she had forfeited that right by failing to show up. Now, she gives this incredulous and - because of that, highly disrespectful excuse to the NACC. And now, she's back in Isaan. Well, she can stay there.

Agree, and further:

- Perhaps electioneering, trying to keep in the good books of the rural folks as much as is possible.

- What does she know about drought / floods / water management? She has numerous water experts at her fingertips to get on top of this as much as is possible, she should be in Bangkok handling the political situation, and showing some respect for the judicial process.

Chalerm has a good understanding of liquids, he understands how they can disappear and then magically reappear an hour or so later all filtered and cleaned after passing through his only organ called the liver - the bottle lobotomy at work

• Like 2

And what is she going to do to help them by going there and looking at dry fields which are often dry at this time of year - Ah yes I know she will make it rain - maybe by posting a message in Facebook. She could help all the farmers immediately by her and her PT cronies resigning.

She doesn't post, its too literate and composed to be her...but why not check the IP and run demonstrations around the location, wherever they pop up; shut her up and shut her down her propaganda artists by using technology, so she has few internet outlets to spread her rubbish. Facebook is a powerful tool particularly in Thailand.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

Thanks Gemini, I appreciate your response, and can feel your pain wink.png

I'm sure even Stevie Wonder can see she's finished, it's just a case of when this is likley to happen wink.png

Even ol' Helen Keller can see and hear it as well (couldn't resist, with the crackin' on stevie wonder figure of speech).wink.png

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

really, so if it was an auusie pm or english pm visiting their drought or flooded areas, would you say the same. The majority of people who comment here are so full of it, they sit and judge without comparing to their own countries, if you dont like the way things are done in Thailand....LEAVE

If the Aussie or English PM was facing serious legal charges and instead of doing something to address them and show responsibility went to look at some land that should be dry this time of the year (being the Cool DRY season) I would be really really really concerned about the type of leadership he or she offered and would seriously doubt that person's honesty and integrity.

BTW, I leave when I want to go home and get away from the craziness of Thailand for while and return when I want some more of it, LOL. It is wonderful that way.

Edited by Brevity
  • Like 2

Negativity upon negativity heaped on the Prime Minister......But with such a huge disconnect....All those repetitive insinuations against her, are totally at odds with the electoral majority.....They will re-elect her in a heart-beat, with an increased majority.......So is that electoral majority all screwed up, and these minority views are correct?

To denigrate a majority electorate usually goes hand-in-hand with denial of Electoral democracy as the best, although imperfect manner, to select who governs a country.

These disparaging comments are made by those, who would also self-servingly support a nullification of the current election, completing it and tabulating it.

That said, I think that in spite of all the political noise seeking to denigrate political space in Thailand by those who are served by such vilification, The country is blessed by having an electoral majority....Can you imagine if politically the country was split 50-50......One would have another Ukraine with its' 50-50 split both Linguistically and culturally.....The battles following an inconclusive electoral 50-50 split would make the current noise pale in comparison.

The country didn't have an electoral majority before (popular vote) and I think it's very far from that now. It's entirely possible that if there was a new election now, with new candidates, that the Democrats might even get a popular majority. Who knows?

Pity she didn't take an interest in paying the farmers. The drought is bad, no doubt about it, but all the water in the world won't help you if you don't have rice to plant or fertiliser to make it grow because some corrupt, incompetent PM has lost control and will not pay her debt to you. And yes it is her responsibility - to paraphrase a US president - The Baht Stops Here.

and what exactly is her expertize in the area of water management and drought?

except for allowing the allocation of a lot of money on water projects that never get completed due to graft and kickbacks

• Like 1