dhl/fed x in ubon

highlander403

I don't know of any fedex/dhl offices there, but they must have something. I sent something from Si Saket to the UK last month via Thai Post EMS. It left on Monday and arrived on Friday. I was able to track it online as well. 900 THB.

• Like 1

Closest DHL in Korat:

751/9 Mittraparb Road

Tambol Nai Muang, Amphur Muang
Nakhonratchasima 30000
Tel. 0-4426-3431-5

Closest Fedex

FedEx Khonkaen (KKCA)

Office
3/21 Lak Muang Office Gallery Building Romm no#L3 (Sri Chan road), A.Muang,Khonkaen 40000
I'd reckon to use the Thai EMS service. Worked for me and some friends to the UK, Germany and the States.
A letter usually 1,000 baht-wai2.gif
Edited by sirchai

FedEx and DHL are hardly quicker than EMS and much more expensive. You can pretty much guarantee 4 working days and sometimes even 3 with EMS. And that's from deepest Sisaket - but they seem to manage to get a 2pm posting in my local amphur post office onto an evening flight from Ubon every time.

FedEx and DHL are hardly quicker than EMS and much more expensive. You can pretty much guarantee 4 working days and sometimes even 3 with EMS. And that's from deepest Sisaket - but they seem to manage to get a 2pm posting in my local amphur post office onto an evening flight from Ubon every time.

That shipment I referred to earlier was sent from Rasi Salai and was on a fight out of Ubon to BKK that same night. I was pretty pleased with the service. The online tracking worked fine as well.

Edited by daboyz1

thanks guys for the replys its only a signature but its a must have, remember sending stuff a couple years back

and it was a company called green something that were fed x agents here, but for the life of me I cant remember the name.

so it looks like ems and a back up going with a mate next week.

once again thanks for the replies

regards scotty

I sent a document that required an original signature to Australia a couple of years ago via the EMS service at the Post Office on the Ring road. Was very impressed by the service. Would use them again if I had to.

• Like 1

As far as I know the only choice from Ubon is international EMS.

I have done an internet search before to find another option and came up blank. It is the same for most of Thailand unless you are in a major city.

I don't know of any fedex/dhl offices there, but they must have something. I sent something from Si Saket to the UK last month via Thai Post EMS. It left on Monday and arrived on Friday. I was able to track it online as well. 900 THB.

Not finding a FedEx or DHL in Ubon, I used Thai Post EMS as daboyz1 did. I was very happy with their speedy service. The tracking system is also quite good.

As far as I know the only choice from Ubon is international EMS.

I have done an internet search before to find another option and came up blank. It is the same for most of Thailand unless you are in a major city.

Neither a DHL, nor a FedEx office exists in Ubon. Thai EMS is a good option.

Actually I think the EMS price is 950 baht, not 900 (just for clarification).

Anyone know off-hand what weight/size of parcel the 950 baht price runs up to? I've always only sent letters - maybe a few pages of A4 at most.

Amazingly my local small (very - just a big village really) amphur town* Thai Post Office has a postmaster who speaks English and likes to cajole the counter girls to speak a bit of English when I go in.

*Our house virtually straddles the SiRattana/Kantharalak border - I'm talking Meuang SiRattana, not the much larger Meuang Kantharalak.

Edited by SantiSuk

Anyone know off-hand what weight/size of parcel the 950 baht price runs up to? I've always only sent letters - maybe a few pages of A4 at most.

Amazingly my local small (very - just a big village really) amphur town* Thai Post Office has a postmaster who speaks English and likes to cajole the counter girls to speak a bit of English when I go in.

*Our house virtually straddles the SiRattana/Kantharalak border - I'm talking Meuang SiRattana, not the much larger Meuang Kantharalak.

I had sent two, then five A 4 pages in C 1 envelopes and always payed 1,000 baht to get them to Germany. Will find out the weight limit and let you know, as I'll have go to the post soon.

Edited by sirchai

Santi, do you ever have documents, cards, sent the other way ie UK to Thailand. If so, by which courier/service?

Thanks!

No sorry Patriot. I've had stuff sent regular airmail and that seems to get here within about 6 working days which has always been enough for me. I had a parcel sent here by reasonably quick Parcelforce - cost about 20 quid for 2kg and got here also within about 6 working days - think I recall it would have been about 7 quid to send it slow as they like. Sister said DHL would have been an arm and a leg but didn't enquire further on price and delivery.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Delivery doth not equal collectionbiggrin.png . May be wrong. If they are collecting then probably they will use Central or Tesco/Big C so keep yer eyes skinned. I seem to remember when I looked 3 years ago or more if I could get a letter (or parcel) to Korat they could deliver mainland UK within 3-4 working days, which I remember thinking was pretty pathetic in this day and age. Cost was in the sort of 2,500 baht region from memory.

At least we now know that DHL probably does deliver door to door for stuff sent from outside Thailand. A standard trick of express carriers worldwide is to sub the local final leg to a local carrier (usually the national provider like Thai Post) which in some cases slows the process down and adds scope for f***-ups.

[How do I know that? In the 90s, as a corporate finance guy, I advised Heseltine (UK Industries Minister) on whether or not to privatise the UK's express parcel's carrier, Parcelforce, which involved a lot of international research into the industry. We were sanguine and he did not like the idea; Maggie Thatcher was notoriously dead against privatising the letter carrier, Royal Mail - political football too far. Heseltine was the best Tory leader (if there is such a thing) the UK never had IMO - having dealt with him and a lot of his ilk].

Edited by SantiSuk