PM Yingluck: Japan lifts bans on Thailand’s frozen poultry exports

webfact

PM Yingluck: Japan lifts bans on Thailand’s frozen poultry exports

BANGKOK, 10 Mar 2014-- According to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, Thai frozen poultry industry can expect a surge in export now that Japan has lifted its ban on the nation's frozen chicken, which has been in force for the past 10 years.

In her online message the Prime Minister’s congratulated local exporters and the frozen poultry export industry as a whole, as Japan has officially lifted its ban on Thailand's frozen chicken it imposed ten years ago; in 2004 during the outbreak of avian flu.

She praised both the government's and the private sector's efforts in maintaining safety standards and keeping out the disease, which eventually led to regaining Japan’s confidence. The ban was lifted at the end of December last year and has since propelled the Thai frozen poultry export, said the premier, adding that the sector aimed to achieve 5,000 tons of export within the first quarter this year, and between 80,000 - 100,000 tons by the end of 2014.

Ms. Yingluck also said Thailand would soon reclaim its position as the world’s leading exporter of frozen poultry products, predicting that in a couple of years the nation would be able to export up to 200,000 tons annually. She is also convinced that, once the country has established its firm ground on the frozen poultry products, it could in the near future open doors to international fresh poultry markets for the nation's poultry industry.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-10 footer_n.gif

"Ms. Yingluck also said Thailand would soon reclaim its position as the world’s leading exporter of frozen poultry products, predicting that in a couple of years the nation would be able to export up to 200,000 tons annually"

That's what she was saying before about rice exports.............nothing happened.

Yingluck, Please, go away we don't need any more of your clever predictions.

• Like 1

The ban of frozen poultry has been enforced for ten years , what would make you say a surge of exports is expected, the PTP always shoot then look at the consequences , Japan has their markets , Thailand will have to do well to unseat the poultry exporters into Japan, the best example that describes the PTP is the flood mitigation project, all Bulls!!Tbah.gif

Great news for Thailand regardless of whoever the national leadeship is. Timing couldn't be better with the stalled rice sales and lost GDP due to the prolonged anti-government protests. Obviously, both the PTP and Demorcat administrations have worked to improve quality control of chickens to meet the always high food standards of Japan.

Shouldn't this be released from the Ministry for foreign trade?

Is Yingluck so desperate to score plus points that she is now personally announcing any positives for the country?

This is not an achievement of Yingluck, this is a natural process from Japan's import monitoring procedures.

The questions for Yingluck should be based around why Thailand had been banned while under her brother's watch in the first place.

Sorry Yingers, you can't convince people that you have achieved anything here.

• Like 1

"Ms. Yingluck also said Thailand would soon reclaim its position as the world’s leading exporter of frozen poultry products, predicting that in a couple of years the nation would be able to export up to 200,000 tons annually"

That's what she was saying before about rice exports.............nothing happened.

Yingluck, Please, go away we don't need any more of your clever predictions.

They got caught out with great rice scam, so trying again with the great chicken scam

I wonder how many Chicken Exporters and producers were glued to their computers waiting for her online message of congratulations. Anything to get her name in the press. Sitting in her hideaway,, I wonder how she knew all the statistics ?? She will now have to go on an inspection Tour ( preferably in Isaan) to an exporter to see what a chicken is .

I thought the same announcement was made about 3-4 months ago.

You are correct the Japanese Government did lift it's ban on chicken last December, but that was fresh chicken. This latest announcement is that it has lifted it's ban on Frozen chicken.

http://www.blackseagrain.net/novosti/japan-lifts-ban-on-thai-raw-chicken

Europe lifted it's ban on fresh chicken from Thailand last July.

You would be surprised how much chicken fresh and frozen Thailand send overseas, thousands of tonnes. Good move by the Yingluck Government.

http://www.daily-cargo.com/english/2013/0315/

You are correct the Japanese Government did lift it's ban on chicken last December, but that was fresh chicken. This latest announcement is that it has lifted it's ban on Frozen chicken.

You would be surprised how much chicken fresh and frozen Thailand send overseas, thousands of tonnes. Good move by the Yingluck Government.

I dont think the YS govt had much to do with the decision.from Japan lifting its ban as it does with price. http://asia.nikkei.com/Markets/Commodities/Poultry-prices-remain-high-despite-resumption-of-imports-from-Thailand

BTW how is the YS govt doing with the rice export business?

Edited by dcutman
  • Like 1

What Yingluck should be doing, instead of shopping, fake crying on TV to fool people into believing she cares, uselessly prancing around Thailand spending taxpayers money DOING NOTHING... she should be trying to figure out how to make this a safe country with less corruption and FEWER PEOPLE STEALING AND SELLING PASSPORTS in the black market!

But she is so DISASSOCIATED with reality, that I am afraid she thinks she is in the Land of Oz and following the Yellow Brick Road to Emerald City....

We need a leader WHO IS IN TOUCH and who is at least spends a few brain cells a day thinking about how to make Thailand a safer, better place for all to live....

I bet she has never thought about this even for a milli second...

What Yingluck should be doing, instead of shopping, fake crying on TV to fool people into believing she cares, uselessly prancing around Thailand spending taxpayers money DOING NOTHING... she should be trying to figure out how to make this a safe country with less corruption and FEWER PEOPLE STEALING AND SELLING PASSPORTS in the black market!

But she is so DISASSOCIATED with reality, that I am afraid she thinks she is in the Land of Oz and following the Yellow Brick Road to Emerald City....

We need a leader WHO IS IN TOUCH and who is at least spends a few brain cells a day thinking about how to make Thailand a safer, better place for all to live....

I bet she has never thought about this even for a milli second...

SOooo you are saying it should be her job also to stop people from stealing and selling passports on the black market? Give me a break. wacko.png

This is the job of the Police after it is reported to them, it is also the job of the person whose passport was stolen to report it to their embassy and have a new one issued. It is the job of the embassy to report it to Immigration etc etc nothing to do with Yingluck.rolleyes.gif

I dont think the YS govt had much to do with the decision.from Japan lifting its ban as it does with price. http://asia.nikkei.com/Markets/Commodities/Poultry-prices-remain-high-despite-resumption-of-imports-from-Thailand

BTW how is the YS govt doing with the rice export business?

I would say her Gov had a fair bit do with the lifting of the ban, as her Gov in the end got rid of the bird flu, enabling the lifting of the ban on raw and frozen chickens to be exported to Europe and Japan especially.