Bangrak

Something going on in Bangrak today?

Lots of police laying cones on both sides of the road near the pier.

Military helicopter just arrived at the airport and Royal Thai Navy boat out in the bay!

Maybe the owner of Dreamers is coming back? facepalm.gif

I also just saw the helicopter fly in. Thought maybe it would assist in searching for the missing airplane. But with the navy and police presence, it's most likely royalty visiting samui or phanghan.

• Like 1

One of my Thai friends is involved in this and today was a practice for a big sea rescue exercise due to take place tomorrow with high rank police, army, air force and navy in attendance. Lots of "kow towing" expected I hear!

• Like 1

One of my Thai friends is involved in this and today was a practice for a big sea rescue exercise due to take place tomorrow with high rank police, army, air force and navy in attendance. Lots of "kow towing" expected I hear!

Interesting timing. They might want to move the exercise 150 miles southeast, and go help with an actual emergency SAR mission...

• Like 1

I always thought that the idea of these type of drills was that they were supposed to be spontaneous! wink.png

It is easy to have a successful 'rescue' when everyone is told to be at the scene of the accident at a certain date/time. whistling.gif

The real world is not like that. Accidents and disasters happen when one least expects them. For a start, on a normal day in Bangrak - the emergency vehicles would not be able to park, and god forbid that anything should happen when a ferry is due - traffic cannot even move through Bangrak then!facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I always thought that the idea of these type of drills was that they were supposed to be spontaneous! wink.png

It is easy to have a successful 'rescue' when everyone is told to be at the scene of the accident at a certain date/time. whistling.gif

The real world is not like that. Accidents and disasters happen when one least expects them. For a start, on a normal day in Bangrak - the emergency vehicles would not be able to park, and god forbid that anything should happen when a ferry is due - traffic cannot even move through Bangrak then!facepalm.gif

Not much point in fire drills thenwhistling.gif

Not much point in fire drills thenwhistling.gif

They are similar PP but not the same.

The objective of a Fire Drill is to train the public on what to do in the event of a fire. Hopefully to avoid becoming a victim of said fire.

The objective of a Search and Rescue drill is to train the responders on finding and helping the victims.

Different objectives.