Honda Wave 125i headlight upgrade

Genericnic

Hi all.

I've searched the forum and didn't find the information I need so here is the new topic.

I have a 2011 Honda Wave 125i. Today I noticed one of the headlight bulbs was out. I thought this might be a good time to see about upgrading to something brighter than the stock bulbs. I don't ride a lot at night but I would love to have a bit more brightness when I do.

Is there an upgrade such as Halogen or Xenon that cane be used in place of the standard bulbs without having to do a rewiring? If so, does anyone know if they are available in Chiang Mai (or Thailand for that matter)?

Thanks

David

Unfortunately things are not so easy because an higher wattage has chances of overheating the thin plastic reflector, deforming it and making it useless. Bikes in Thailand run light always on, so hot climate and direct sun will just make it easier to happen. Manufacturer rates a given wattage for good reasons.

• Like 1

Unfortunately things are not so easy because an higher wattage has chances of overheating the thin plastic reflector, deforming it and making it useless. Bikes in Thailand run light always on, so hot climate and direct sun will just make it easier to happen. Manufacturer rates a given wattage for good reasons.

Thanks Paz. Overheating was one if the concerns I had.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

A friend of mine had the headlight changed, and yes, the plastic reflector melted off. Then he replaced the whole headlight with a metallic, more potent "proper" motorcycle headlight. Then he was pulled over twice in one week (in Pattaya) and fined for "obstructing oncoming traffic" - too bright headlight (400 B a pop) so he took it back to the Honda shop for an original headlight to be refitted.

I guess headlights in Thailand are not for seeing, or even to be seen in the dark, but just a fancy decoration :-/

A friend of mine had the headlight changed, and yes, the plastic reflector melted off. Then he replaced the whole headlight with a metallic, more potent "proper" motorcycle headlight. Then he was pulled over twice in one week (in Pattaya) and fined for "obstructing oncoming traffic" - too bright headlight (400 B a pop) so he took it back to the Honda shop for an original headlight to be refitted.

I guess headlights in Thailand are not for seeing, or even to be seen in the dark, but just a fancy decoration :-/

if he was blinding oncoming traffic he deserved it in all fairness and it must have been ridiculously bright to draw police attention twice inside a week .....

There must be a LED that can be put in. Low watts, big output.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Haven't found any but I'll keep looking.

David

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There must be a LED that can be put in. Low watts, big output.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Haven't found any but I'll keep looking

Just like any item that is smart and exactly what a foreigner would buy, it's probably not available from local shops, so consider mail order from abroad.

EDIT i see some stuff, just not sure if would produce good results.

Edited by paz

Soi 9 checkpoint.. but spotted as he left soi 6 smile.png

Allow me for once!

• Like 1