Motley Fool share membership

Anyone in Thailand use this mob for investment advice/information ?

They are a group in Australia, but originating in the US I believe.

Reason I ask as they have a membership price, but then I read somewhere in here of a member that joined and then you get asked for all other fees to pay to get access to all other info etc.

Just wondering to clarify this ?

Perhaps their web address is a clue as to whether you should follow through; www.fool.com.au

The name doesn't inspire much confidence.

Well, they are quite well regarded...so thats why I want to find out more.

Oh, and Australians do not mind taking the piss...so surprised to find it was originated in the US.

Perhaps their web address is a clue as to whether you should follow through; www.fool.com.au

Oh, and Australians do not mind taking the piss...so surprised to find it was originated in the US.

Well regarded? A matter of perspective. People that sell stock investment tips are onto a winner because they get their money no matter if the stocks go up or down.

Consider, too, that if they are so good, they wouldn't be selling the advice but following it themselves.

Go ask Nam (Klingon avatar) He's good.

Well regarded? A matter of perspective. People that sell stock investment tips are onto a winner because they get their money no matter if the stocks go up or down.

Consider, too, that if they are so good, they wouldn't be selling the advice but following it themselves.

Go ask Nam (Klingon avatar) He's good.

Exactly my views,

I worked at a stock broker in the back office and seen much money loss and made. But people seem to remember when they make money but forget their mistakes.

After working there for 4 years it was clear to me that even the experts did not know. (they had their own private accounts too and those did not go that well either)

No, I do not, am aware of them though.

Much of the information they give out is available free on line, just takes some digging out.

Bear in mind that some of the people giving supposed tips have a vested interest.

GL

The business originated in the US and then opened up in the UK about 15 years ago. Used to be a great source of informative articles for learning about online investing/trading but changed focus about 7 years ago. It was about this time I think they opened the Australian business.

The UK bit now actively tries to push a couple of share advice memberships where they are very up front about what you get and they run "real Money portfolios". They still have a very active discussion board - recent Co Op bond issue as a case in point.

I am also on the US mailing list although about to take myself off as they are more aggressive in what they push and I am fed up listening to the pitch on the videos before you actually find out what stock they are referring to - or the price you have to pay to find out the answer.

Discussion boards on the UK site and a lot of information is still free (just register). Might be worth while doing that first (if Oz site is same) and having a look at what they are doing before committing any dosh.

• Like 1