Anyone know where I can beg buy or steal an oil drum?

As you approach the traffic lights after going through Nathon where you would turn right for Immigration. go straight ahead but turn immediately right into the tyre place. they sell washed out drums for I think 500 baht. Just ask at the car spares place there. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

As you approach the traffic lights after going through Nathon where you would turn right for Immigration. go straight ahead but turn immediately right into the tyre place. they sell washed out drums for I think 500 baht. Just ask at the car spares place there. thumbsup.gif

Wonderful - thanks for this. I knew there just *had* to be somewhere!

R

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya again Pippyfuffs and many thanks for the tip!

Went up there yesterday and ended up most pleased. The folks there don't speak a word of English and I was cussing myself for realising that I don't know the Thai word for metal!

Having said "not plastic" a dozen times tho, it all worked fine.

They have a variety of drums, only a couple of smaller sizes, but the 50-gal/222 litre size they've got 20 of, plus a load of big plastic tubs too.

All perfectly washed and cleaned out ready to go.

Well worth knowing this - thanks for letting me know.

Drum sitting under my house waiting to be used . . . .

powderdrums-1.jpg