shipping personal luggage from Bangkok to Phuket...help

Marcos989

Hello All,

1st post.

I arrive Bangkok on Int'l flight (BA) at 09:00 Wed. 19 Mar. 2014
I arrive with my full allotment of baggage (2 in the hold, 1 carry-on + computer bag) plus a folding kayak (2m lng x 30cm dia weighing 25kgs).
The airline prices for this amount of baggage is ridiculous for the domestic leg to Phuket so I want to contract a private company to transport all my property except the computer bag to Patong, Phuket.
Please reply ASAP.ny help out there?
Regards, Mark

This was written by some newbie taking the tourist scam bus. Just take the proper government bus or a private one with a good reputation (I forgot the name... anyone know?). There is even services that offer deluxe coaches with only 12 seats and massage seats.

I have 2 bags that contain sports equipment (folding kayak to be exact).
bag #1-2m lng x 30cm dia, weighing 25kgs,
bag #2-1m lng x 50cm x 50cm, 20kgs

bag #3-1m lng x 50cm x 50cm, 20kgs-personal items

bag #4-stanrd airline carry-on

bag #5-backpack-electronics

I did not think a domestic airline would accomodate me after my experience with Tiger Air last month, paid more in excess baggae costs than the flight cost.

Wht dont you use the Post Office, they transport anything including motorbikes.You wont beat there price.

Thats a good idea, never thought to consider someone might be bright enough to locate a post office in the airport....loving these pppl so far.

Edited by Marcos989

It might be a bit naive at this point but anybody see a problem with me bringing in this much stuff?

Coming in as a tourist though in reality I intend to live here. Will sort out the Visa stuff later but give I travel so much the 30 day limit is not much of an issue for me.

Now I am wondering if I should bring the bicycle also.

I have made a complete inventory of what is in each bag and I intend to bring a doctored invoice for the kayak but the other stuff....no receits, mostly used and in some cases old and no value to anyone but me (work clothes ect).

Edited by Marcos989

Bangkok Airways cargo. I used it a few weeks ago to ship my belongings from Utapao to Samui, rates and info are on their website http://www.bangkokair.com/pages/view/cargo-service

Yes, I looked into them, could not make head or tails from their general good list and when I contacted them they came back with such small allowances on the flight I felt the name Cargo service was misleading, they seemed the same as Tiger Air...15kgs or some such nonsense and pay throught the ass for excess. Like I said earlier I ended up paying more for my normal bags accepted around the world than I did for the >US$300 ticket.

But I guess I will check them out when I get there.

To MIN (6 kg.) N (6Kg - 44Kg) Q45 Q100 Bangkok

(Suvarnabhumi, BKK) Samui (USM) 120 18 15 13 Phuket (HKT) 120 18 13 17

Can you explain this to me?

What do the 120, 18,13 represent?

What is Q45, Q100 supposed to mean?

Edited by Marcos989

6kg - 44kg is 18baht a kilo, 45kg-99kg is 13 baht a kilo

I was flying with BA but you dont have to fly with them to use the service, at Utapao I checked it in at the same counter I checked myself in and then went to a back office to pay for it, it was waiting at the BA cargo terminal at the airport when I arrived (it travelled on same flight as me), you can also leave it at Phuket for 3 days without storage charges

Edited by philthebook

The charges with Bangkok Airways cargo look very reasonable. Even though there is good buses, the trip will still be 13-15 hours total cause you have to go downtown Bangkok to the bus station, wait there, then when arriving in Phuket town get local transport.

Much more convenient to just sort everything out at the BKK airport and fly to Phuket (especially when flights are only slightly more expensive than the bus).