Education Visa 90days extension

Hello,

I am currently having an Education Visa. I entered Thailand with it at the 17th of december last year. The stamp in my passport says I am admitted until 16 of march. Normally I wanted to go to the immigration for the first 90days extension tomorrow but I have some other important appointment tomorrow. "IF" I would go next Monday to applicate the 90 days extension (which will mean 1 day overstay), will it work, or will I completely loose my Education Visa?

Edited by SoFarAndNear

Since the 16th is a Sunday you should not have a problem but they could charge for a day of overstay (500 baht).

Are you aware you can do it up to 30 days early. You do not have to wait until it is due.

Ok thank you. But I wont loose my education visa because of this? Even if I will be charged 500baht for 1 day overstay?

Are you aware you can do it up to 30 days early. You do not have to wait until it is due.

Ok thanks for the Info. A classmate at the school told me it is better to go as late ass possible because the 90days will be added to exactly the same day when you will applicate for the extension.

The extension starts from the date your current permit to stay ends. You loose nothing by going early.

If you are in Bangkok you still have plenty of time to go today. The 2 temporary offices don't close until 6:30.

It might even be possible at other offices because they close at 4.

• Like 1

Ok thank you. But I wont loose my education visa because of this? Even if I will be charged 500baht for 1 day overstay?

Ok thanks for the Info. A classmate at the school told me it is better to go as late ass possible because the 90days will be added to exactly the same day when you will applicate for the extension.
Your classmate is talking about your address report. Your 90 day extension is 90 days after the date in your passport.

Your classmate is talking about your address report. Your 90 day extension is 90 days after the date in your passport.

I think so too. I found out now that I just have an 90 days ED visa which I have to extend every 90 days. I thought before I have a 1 year visa but after reading many post the problem is that I applicate my Visa in Laos. And they won't give any 1 year multiple entry visas anymore just 90 days which I have to extend every 90 days. It is confusing because they also call my documents 90 days report in the school. But I got it now :)