Work permit renewal service fees

Just wondering if the work permit renewal process has changed significantly over the last two years? Two years ago we paid the good people at Sunbelt "just" 3900 baht for handling, last year that suddenly went up to 7500 baht (a special promotion), with a warning that it would be 8500 baht this year, and now that we are here it's even 9500 baht??

There seem to be other firms that advertise with fees < 6000 baht, but it's hard to tell if they are as experienced, although they do give guarantees...

For a total of 10807 baht, it might even be worth doing it ourselves, like we did in the early days. I just wonder what happen if there are discrepancies between the data they have been filing for us for years and what we would bring..

I don't think its the cost of renewal that's gone up, more like the costs of the professional fees that have gone up

Correct: this is about the "professional services" only. The charges from the Thai government are still the same.

Work Perrmit Renewal procedure/fees have not changed in the last few years.

Actual money paid to the Goverment is 3,100 THB for a one year WP renewal, the rest you are paying is for the lawyers services.

Up to you if you think it's worth it, requires min 2x trips to Labour plus collating paper work as per attached WP5 renewal form:.

I hope you read what you signed, because if there are discrepancies you will be responsible.

We did, but a) it was more than 5 renewals ago, and B) they made the mrs. / owner of the company sign a dozen or so blank pages so we would not need to come in for every little change. I'm not worried that they might have used those inappropriately, but obviously we do not know what exact details might have been written on them. I also recall that several years before that, the staff at the work permit office advised us to alter education history a bit and since that was done on the spot I have no copies = no recollection what those changes were...

But I'm hopeful that being on back to back renewals for more than 10 years will make the process less stressful than it was the first couple of years. It certainly does make getting visa extensions a lot less painful..

Work Perrmit Renewal procedure/fees have not changed in the last few years.

Actual money paid to the Goverment is 3,100 THB for a one year WP renewal, the rest you are paying is for the lawyers services.

Up to you if you think it's worth it, requires min 2x trips to Labour plus collating paper work as per attached WP5 renewal form:.

Thanks a lot for the forms! Saves us at least 1 trip to Din Deang.

4500 baht was, to me, definitely worth the time- and travel savings, but at 10500 baht I'm obliged to at least give it a try. (3100 baht government charges not included obviously) As far as I can tell there have only been one or two requirements added over the years, so doubling the professional fees for that is just a bit too much. Thanks again!

Work permits are very easy to renew, its getting the initial WP thats the hard bit.

As mentioned its not difficult to do yourself.

Out of curiosity is it Bangkok Labour office or one of the outlying provinces?

I was quoted 30K by the firm you mentioned top get an initial WP for a member of staff simply because it was Pathum Thani Labour office.

If you need a better price PM me and I will recommend a firm for you.

• Like 1

$300+ dollars for a Thai person to sit there and hand your docs in with about half a dozen others? &lt;deleted&gt; Sounds like straight out robbery to me. Just renewed mine and was in and out of Chamchuri square in a couple of hours

Found them most helpful. Was missing one piece of paper and they went off and printed it out for me. Sometimes there are advantages in not speaking Thai.

Last time I was there I complained about the excessive time in doing a 90-day report and the OIC came out, took my passport and it was done in 10 minutes.

$300+ dollars for a Thai person to sit there and hand your docs in with about half a dozen others? <deleted> Sounds like straight out robbery to me. Just renewed mine and was in and out of Chamchuri square in a couple of hours

Found them most helpful. Was missing one piece of paper and they went off and printed it out for me. Sometimes there are advantages in not speaking Thai.

Last time I was there I complained about the excessive time in doing a 90-day report and the OIC came out, took my passport and it was done in 10 minutes.

You were at the One Stop Centre, which is not the same as a regular Thai Labour Dept.

However, as has already been posted, WP renewal is generally far from being rocket science and is thus not difficult or even particularly time consuming!