originals spares or aftermarket alternatives in bkk ?

i need brake levers , mirrors ,indicators etc to tidy up a few bikes i plan to sell because we dont have time to use them

and there sitting around takin up space

wondering whether to order new stock parts from kawa ,honda etc or go with budget aftermarket led indictators ,bar end mirrors and levers etc

what would work out cheaper ?

a honda dealer this morning quoted 900 thb for a rear indictaor " stalk "for cbr 250 which seems a bit steep (not looking for hi-quality

brand names but am inetersted in the cheap gaudy chinese stuff that thais seem to love )

pink levers and such and led indicators that flash faster and brighter than normal woud do the job if i can get em .............

k-speed carry alot of aftermarket stuff depend also what "grade" you are looking as most shop do carry no name products. For brand name stuff its best to order online at shops like ap shop, riders connect, kittisak etc.....

I remember a few years back a warning circulating on bike forums in the UK about a guy who bought anodized aluminium brake / clutch levers of Chinese origin for his sports bike.

The front brake lever snapped under heavy braking!

For safety related stuff I'd be going OEM, or well known aftermarket at least.

k-speed carry alot of aftermarket stuff depend also what "grade" you are looking as most shop do carry no name products. For brand name stuff its best to order online at shops like ap shop, riders connect, kittisak etc.....

i just want to spruce them up a bit for the new owners ,a couple of them have minor cosmetic damage but mechanically sound

im not going to spend a pile of money on upgrades for bikes im not keeping

if the new owners want exensive extras ,they can buy it themselves :)

k-speed was the first place i thought off but 2500thb for coloured brake and clutch levers let me thinking

theres gotta be a cheaper place than that

i cant see the mo-sai taxis and thai teenagers paying those kinda prices

i just want to spruce them up a bit for the new owners ,a couple of them have minor cosmetic damage but mechanically sound

im not going to spend a pile of money on upgrades for bikes im not keeping

if the new owners want exensive extras ,they can buy it themselves smile.png

k-speed was the first place i thought off but 2500thb for coloured brake and clutch levers let me thinking

theres gotta be a cheaper place than that

i cant see the mo-sai taxis and thai teenagers paying those kinda prices

Well the levers you mentioned are not that bad compared to the ones thai teeangers have. If you looking for this kind of stuff you will find them in one of the shops on worachak marke; theres also bikers.co.th. Or just buy a thai motorcycle magazine there are many advertises like these shops "panompnracing" (facebook)