Thailand's political stalemate hits 86 per cent of private operators

webfact

Political stalemate hits 86 per cent of private operators
By Digital Content

13952931849186.jpg

BANGKOK, March 20 – Thailand’s political impasse, now in its fifth month, has affected almost 90 per cent of private enterprises, resulting in drastic drops in sales, a senior Industry Ministry official said today.

Somchai Harnhirun, Industrial Economics Office director general, said 86 per cent of business operators and manufacturers received less sales order due to buyers’ lack of confidence that the goods they ordered would be delivered on time.

Business operators have had difficulties in dealing with government agencies while their production, sales and exports have declined, he said.

He said the situation will get worse if the political conflicts drag on, adding that production volumes will possibly decrease by 14.4 per cent in Q2, 18.8 per cent in Q3 and 27.2 per cent in Q4 if the stalemate continues until later this year.

Hardest hit sectors are rubber and plastics, textiles, garments, and wood products, he said, adding that private manufacturers must boost their sales, find new customers, and reduce production costs to cope with the economic slowdown and improve buyer confidence, he said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-20

Who would have thought that 6 wheel chair bound grandma's and 200 homeless people could have had such a devastating affect on business.

Maybe I should not take what the UDD supporters say as gospel…Sound like they may have been wrong……..again.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

Who would have thought that 6 wheel chair bound grandma's and 200 homeless people could have had such a devastating affect on business.

Maybe I should not take what the UDD supporters say as gospel…Sound like they may have been wrong……..again.

Really something to be proud of, 5 months of turmoil, 23 odd dead and....................nothing else to show for it but causing hardship to 86% of private operators.

That's 5 months, roughly 150 days, at around 5-10 million baht a day. Just shows how much the old guard value the status quo, doesn't it

Really something to be proud of, 5 months of turmoil, 23 odd dead and....................nothing else to show for it but causing hardship to 86% of private operators.

That's 5 months, roughly 150 days, at around 5-10 million baht a day. Just shows how much the old guard value the status quo, doesn't it

RIP to the deaths of the poor innocent protestors too at the hands of the terrorists. I will leave that alone however because it has nothing to do with this OP, but only mentioned it to show sensitivity to your reference of it.

That aside, I know exactly what you mean. Terrible isn't it and all because of 6 wheelchair bound grandma's. That's roughly 12 wheels and a few punctures that comes to 100 baht a day to repair.

Just shows how much puncture repairs cost now days doesn't it! w00t.gif

Or do the 6 grannies not suit your agenda in this OP….

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

Just shows how much the Yingluck government liked those 700++ billions lost in their rice scam, doesn't it? Just shows why the blanket amnesty bill suddenly covered the first two years of Yinglucks government, doesn't it?

Of course, some just blame the anti-government protesters who wouldn't go home when PM Yingluck told them "stay calm, go home, there's more to be done".

Edited by rubl

What political impasse and stalemate?....Typical PAD-dem interpretive jargon and spin.

An election is currently being completed, and a Parliament will soon convene, where alll the "impassers and stalematers" can vent themselves.

Unless of course Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy is stymied......Then people will know what an impasse and stalemate is.

Just shows how much the Yingluck government liked those 700++ billions lost in their rice scam, doesn't it? Just shows why the blanket amnesty bill suddenly covered the first two years of Yinglucks government, doesn't it?

Of course, some just blame the anti-government protesters who wouldn't go home when PM Yingluck told them "stay calm, go home, there's more to be done".

I don't follow your logic but never mind though as usual you take the opportunity to throw some "barbs" at the government despite their lack of relevance to the thread

You see I had a serious point about who is paying for these ongoing final pushes. sutheps backers have spent an awful amount of money trying to make sure the "right" people are in power and are getting nervous about lack of progress. The army cannot be relied upon to do the right thing as even they realise that they cannot get away with the old ways despite the bluster from certain old dinosaurs. Coincidentally, the legal battles are hotting up and the usual suspects are lining up to do their duty in a judicial coup.

All of this to protect the status quo despite the damage it does to the average Thai.

Of course if you still believe this is all about eradicating corruption, reforming the system and preserving democracy, I'm wasting my breath.

It could be 5 times that bad and Thaksin would not give an inch.

Quick solution bring Thaksin back make him the life time dictator that he aspires to. Give him the keys to the treasury raise the tax's so there would be enough for him. Or get a needless 2.2 trillion baht loan and do not under any circumstances question his actions. Bow and scrape when in his magnificent presence. Simple.

Oh and be sure not to mention the 1,500 innocent people he had murdered while pretending to clean up the drug problem.

By Jove fab I think you are on to some thing.

I don't follow your logic but never mind though as usual you take the opportunity to throw some "barbs" at the government despite their lack of relevance to the thread

You see I had a serious point about who is paying for these ongoing final pushes. sutheps backers have spent an awful amount of money trying to make sure the "right" people are in power and are getting nervous about lack of progress. The army cannot be relied upon to do the right thing as even they realise that they cannot get away with the old ways despite the bluster from certain old dinosaurs. Coincidentally, the legal battles are hotting up and the usual suspects are lining up to do their duty in a judicial coup.

All of this to protect the status quo despite the damage it does to the average Thai.

Of course if you still believe this is all about eradicating corruption, reforming the system and preserving democracy, I'm wasting my breath.

Yes, I also have a serious point in trying to understand how important it is for Ms. Yingluck to remain 'in charge' with all the corruption which has been 'looked after' by her government. No surprise the blanket amnesty bill covered her first two years in office.

The current anti-government protests try to break that status quo, by finally getting into reforms which cover ALL sides. Now that may be difficult to accept by some.

Stay cool, don't waste your breath and keep smiling